Greg Docherty

Lloyd

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

From day one I said he will turn out to be our best signing. he will be a mainstay in out midfield for years to come and become a fan favourite because of his tenacity.

Agreed, and also the fact that he is a near neighbour of mine at Milngavie makes him a cool kid too!!

Docherty reminds me of guys like Steven Davis and Kevin Thomson, though he has a bit to go before he is pushing their level, in that he can do the dirty work but when drives forward he keeps  his head up and plays incisive passes. This is why I see him as more of a player than Holt. Holt can do all the dirty work but so many times when he got forward with a ball he was lost and couldn't consistently open teams up with those split passes and ended up just shifting it off to the player next to him.

1 minute ago, highlander05 said:

Docherty reminds me of guys like Steven Davis and Kevin Thomson, though he has a bit to go before he is pushing their level, in that he can do the dirty work but when drives forward he keeps  his head up and plays incisive passes. This is why I see him as more of a player than Holt. Holt can do all the dirty work but so many times when he got forward with a ball he was lost and couldn't consistently open teams up with those split passes and ended up just shifting it off to the player next to him.

Lots of potential  - hes smart, a grafter, not short on talent, and clearly thrilled to be playing for his boyhood heroes. 

Right type of player we should be signing. I hope he gets a run in the team as he is superior to wee holty in every Dept.

Had never seen Docherty before he signed for us and wasn't sure what to expect, boy looks like a real steal and for a 21 year-old he's built like a tank, will not be shoved aside easily and his tenacity, non-stop running and ability to win the ball really compliments the class of Goss.   

4 hours ago, Siwel said:

Best player on the park today imo, will be a class signing.

Agreed, was into everything, strong into the tackle without being reckless, nothing given away and solid as fuck all day. 

Was horrendous last weekend, which surprised me big time but today looked a different player altogether.

keeps on like that and will be a huge player going forward. 

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

Thought he had been average until today but he absolutely dominated them, hopefully he kicks on because if he can maintain that level he'll be a big player for us.

100% agree. Night and day difference from last Sunday but was immense today. 

As you say if he carries on that sort of performance we’ve seriously won a watch.