Greg Docherty

Lloyd

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Not quick to throw praise his way because I've not seen him really merit it. I've been objective and said a couple of times now he's got a good engine, good fitness and is not bad at breaking up play but that's it.

If you read above I also made the point I don't want him singled out for today either but why pretend he's something he's not too? I didn't want him signed especially for that money and I've seen nothing that's made me think I was wrong to feel that way whereas I can admit Goss looks better than I thought in some games where there's not as much pressure but he was pish today too.

Disagree with much of what you’ve said but honestly can’t be arsed, going blow for blow on this one.

Wee man was one of our better (not hard) players today and has been for the last 6 games. 

You don’t agree which is fair enough, too fucking depressed to even bother nit picking. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Disagree with much of what you’ve said but honestly can’t be arsed, going blow for blow on this one.

Wee man was one of our better (not hard) players today and has been for the last 6 games. 

You don’t agree which is fair enough, too fucking depressed to even bother nit picking. 

Murphy, Candaies and John were the only ones that get pass-marks today for me but everyone seems the game differently and has their favourites which is fine.

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Biggest frustration from today. Old Firms are won and lost in the middle, Goss was a passenger. 

I do agree with this and it annoys me as it's something I keep on harping on about is that our front-line look quite good with Murphy, Windass and Canadies and a striker but it leaves our midfield sometimes over-run with just Goss and Docherty in there. It's not a good tactic especially against celtic and exactly what I was referring to in the thread I made in the sense that it allows us to get over-run and the other teams midfield to be dominent.

We need to forget this 2 in midfield pish. That's on Murty. That's his tactic and the way he plays and it cost us. Far too isolated and if someone like Goss isn't at the races then you can literally forget about getting anything from the game.

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Murphy, Candaies and John were the only ones that get pass-marks today for me but everyone seems the game differently and has their favourites which is fine.

Would agree with you that Certainly Candies and John  got pass marks . Murphy i felt ready only came into it when they were down to 10 men. That was frustrating as i felt he had the beating of their RB. . But I felt for a few of the midfield, Docherty included ,this being their first old firm game it just seemed to pass them by

39 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Our best midfielder today , but for me Alves was MotM - won everything in the air . 

I’m stunned that you consider his performance MOTM. He’s fucking shite and needs chased out the door. He doesn’t give a fuck.

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

In the current spl state and standard your never signing an old firm dominating match winner midfielder from Hamilton 

Which is my argument the whole time only to get it rammed down your throat that we signed Ian Ferguson from St Mirren 30-years ago or something like it's comparable and Scottish football is that standard and we have players like him at teams in Scotland nowadays.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Which is my argument the whole time only to get it rammed down your throat that we signed Ian Ferguson from St Mirren 30-years ago or something like it's comparable and Scottish football is that standard and we have players like him at teams in Scotland nowadays.

Bang on ! The st mirren of 30 years ago would probably piss this spl , Walter smiths team in his most recent reign are taking 5/6 off that celtic team today 

40 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Murphy could have done with Cummings to aim at, he was getting into excellent positions after drifting past a few defenders with nobody showing for the ball, he had a good game, I also  thought Tavernier was unusually subdued today.

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Murphy could have done with Cummings to aim at, he was getting into excellent positions after drifting past a few defenders with nobody showing for the ball, he had a good game, I also  thought Tavernier was unusually subdued today.

I agree with that. Tav wasn't at the races. John looked the better full-back today both in terms of going forward and defensive duties.

Both Docherty and Goss showed their inexperience today.  Big gamble to play both these young players together in such a big game but guess it was worth the risk even if it didn’t work out.

Thought Docherty’s lack of composure was instrumental in us losing the second goal.  After defending for a significant period thought we had a real good chance to break on them if he had showed some composure instead of kicking the ball away.  Hopefully he’ll learn from the experience today.

17 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’m stunned that you consider his performance MOTM. He’s fucking shite and needs chased out the door. He doesn’t give a fuck.

Guess we all see it different .

I thought he showed presence and won everything in the air . I'm not his biggest fan btw , I'd have expected more from him , but today I thought he did well . 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Not quick to throw praise his way because I've not seen him really merit it. I've been objective and said a couple of times now he's got a good engine, good fitness and is not bad at breaking up play but that's it.

If you read above I also made the point I don't want him singled out for today either but why pretend he's something he's not too? I didn't want him signed especially for that money and I've seen nothing that's made me think I was wrong to feel that way whereas I can admit Goss looks better than I thought in some games where there's not as much pressure but he was pish today too.

and above all else, if you read back the replies I came into this thread because I was quoted by Laudrup asking if I change my opinion on him and it was to say no. I feel more vindicated if anything.

What more would anyone else expect from playing the DMF role? 

Correct me if I'm wrong but docherty is their to win  the ball and play the simple pass to Goss who is supposed to be the creative e force going forward??  When Goss goes missing like today docherty has to play both roles which he is not suited to. 

Surely we can't expect a ball winning dmf to also be the creative playmaker?  

Just my thoughts on it

Just now, rabc10000 said:

What more would anyone else expect from playing the DMF role? 

Correct me if I'm wrong but docherty is their to win  the ball and play the simple pass to Goss who is supposed to be the creative e force going forward??  When Goss goes missing like today docherty has to play both roles which he is not suited to. 

Surely we can't expect a ball winning dmf to also be the creative playmaker?  

Just my thoughts on it

I said "not bad" which doesn't mean great or even good. Docherty is OK but it goes back to a point I made earlier but us embracing the "OK" - it's not good enough. He's a 6/10 player in my eyes. We need much better. He looks every bit the Hamilton player.