Murty

stewaj3

Got to give credit where it's due. He's got us playing really well at the moment. I'm really enjoying the style of our play. 

He and Mark Allen have had a great January. Looks like every player we have brought in can add something to the squad. (Nearly wrote add value there and shuddered at the though of Warburton)

My concerns with murty were around some of the defeats we'd had under him against poor teams but I always think a manager should be judged after a transfer window and this one's been great. He needs to get results consistently but there are signs we are heading in the right direction.

We have players stuck on the bench that would have walked in our team last year. He's got the whole squad playing for him. He doesn't care about benching or dropping 'bigger names' like alves and kranjcar. 

It will probably still take a minor miracle for us to win the league and I wouldn't say we are fully there yet in terms of the squad, but there have been improvements.

If we can go on a decent run and finish 2nd, whilst playing consistently well, from now until the end of the season, surely murty deserves a longer deal. I know that 2nd is not where we should be aiming but given how poor we were at the start of the year, I think we have to be a little realistic about minimum requirements for this season. If we end up disappointed at finishing 2nd at the end of the season that would be some turn around from where we were under Pedro.

The challenge is still getting results consistently but it's the best I've felt about us in a long time. Hopefully we can kick on and win the league next year.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Doing well...only a draw away from a 2nd team coach though.

The fickle football fan. I've got to admit I have been excited by his results in the past and then cam crashing down when we've had poor defeats, but I actually think it's not just the results now, it's the way he's got us playing.

He's got a real squad of players, most of whom I like, when he moves on more in the summer and brings further fresh faces in, it will only strengthen us further.

I maybe should add another sign would be an of win if he can do that, then it really shows the direction we are heading in.

doing well. I don't like his substitutions at all though. Why windass stayed on the park today amazed me, Morelos shouldn't have been subbed, neither should Docherty. I felt the substitutions gave away the initiative a little to Hearts (who failed to grasp it).

Apart from that, we should have been out of sight. Windass is starting to believe his own press

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

doing well. I don't like his substitutions at all though. Why windass stayed on the park today amazed me, Morelos shouldn't have been subbed, neither should Docherty. I felt the substitutions gave away the initiative a little to Hearts (who failed to grasp it).

Apart from that, we should have been out of sight. Windass is starting to believe his own press

I like our fitness, I like our attitude and I like the fact he's not taking players out the side needlessly to replace with favourites. He does seem very late in making changes though, be it subs or tactics. That's my only concern at the moment though. Far more positives than negatives. Murty and Nicholl definitely seems to be a working combo.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Think Morelos would have been taken off to prevent a booking and I didn't really notice a difference when he went off?

Do cherry had ran his socks off, I think it was literally fresh legs and Holt was absolutely the right man to come in if that's the case.

Don't think we can be too harsh on windass, the rest of the team were so good they didn't give him a lot of the ball in key areas. Granted he did fluff the couple of good chances he had. He's been great lately though so I wouldn't be overly critical.

2 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

I like our fitness, I like our attitude and I like the fact he's not taking players out the side needlessly to replace with favourites. He does seem very late in making changes though, be it subs or tactics. That's my only concern at the moment though. Far more positives than negatives. Murty and Nicholl definitely seems to be a working combo.

His subs were late but we were so dominating today why would you want to change it early? I have been critical in the past of his late subs though, if it's not working he should be prepared to change it earlier.

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Cushy I think the reason he took Morelos off was he’s walking a tightrope re yellow cards, though I agree Cummings should have been on 10/15 mins earlier.

3 minutes ago, Blue Rino said:

Cushy I think the reason he took Morelos off was he’s waliking a tightrope re yellow cards, though I agree Cummings should have been on 10/15 mins earlier.

does starting him against St Johnstone really change that though? Morelos looked really pissed off coming off - and no wonder because Windass was having a mare.

I’m happy that the team are doing a bit better but I just can’t take to him the way i did when he stepped in last season, I think if he didn’t say silly things and made a change in a game earlier than 70 minutes then it might be different but there’s something that annoys me about him. It’s not nice being negative after a good game if football but it’s my opinion of him. On the plus side we played some good football today. 

Yeah, today wasn't Windass' day for finishing :lol: 

I'd have taking him off before Docherty/Morelos no danger. 

There's times where you think Murty's lack of subs will absolutely bite us bad one of these games, because he won't leave enough time for any impact from the subs.

I’m not saying he’s the best qualified manager for the job but what he’s getting out of the team right now is as good as anybody could get out of our players an I’d rather a manager who feels privileged to be our manager than somebody like mcciness who thinks he’s earned the right 

I just hope he continues to keep the improvement up cos I really admire the man, he’s definetly Rangers class In the way he holds himself always humble an honest an loves this club 

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Morelos should have been subbed imo, was as bad as Windass, was harsh on Docherty as well

2 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

He’s a sly cunt aswell 

20-30 mins in the crowd we’re getting on the players back undeservedly he made Cummings warm up.

the crowd then moved there attention to Jason good move murts 

He's definitely bright 

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Docherty came off to get a huge reception. He was shite against Hamilton and had a fair few doubters, but was outstanding today. Wee confidence boost for him. 

Good man management IMO.