UPDATE: the remotest chance of winning the league this season.

Sad to have to say it, particularly after such a superb result at home against Hearts, the only team to have truly destroyed the bhastards in the SPL this season, but even though the dream is still on, and Helicopter Sunday Mark 5 or 6 is still a mathematical possibility, I just cannot see how we are going to be consistent enough, and for them to drop enough points for us to profit.I remember saying in here a few weeks ago that the feeling of being able to do it was building, and then we threw in some god-awful performances which at that time looked like our league challenge was dead in the water. People were even saying that playing as badly as we were against the lesser teams, there was a possibility of ending in the bottom 6 at the split. Thankfully, the caretaker took the players he had, enhanced the squad, and has put the belief back, where the only consistency had been the team's inconsistency.

By Sunday night, we will know if there is a glimmer of hope for our title challenge, and I hope there is, but I just cannot see those bitter twats blowing it.

But what a feeling if it could happen.

UPDATE.

When I wrote the title to this thread, I, like the rest of us was buzzing from the result against Hearts. Theoretically, it was possible that by last night, we might have been only 6 points behind, and in full-on title-chasing mode. 

I hoped that by rubbishing our chances of winning the league, some fate-tempting might see Aberdeen get some result against them. Some fucking hope. 

Aberdeen truly are fucking garbage. Hence why they haven't won the league in 30+ years. And thankfully we avoided picking up their genius of a manager.

So back to our prospects for the league> when we indeed did win the league on Helicopter Sunday, back in 2005, with 6 games to go, Paedo FC came to Ibrox, 2 points ahead, and by winning, took a seemingly impossible to catch 5 point lead. And here is the interesting thing,...the real reason that we could win the league is that the very next match,  they went and lost to Hibs. Whether that was overconfidence on their part or what we will never know. Nor care.

We are 9 points behind, and 12 goal difference off. There are enough matches to pull back that GD. Graeme Murty has to get that into their heads, and personally I believe he is doing one helluva job.

As for the points: 2 Old Firm matches to play. Here's the interesting bit.....our home form against them has been about the worst ever, with a 5-1 thrashing followed by a 2-0 defeat.  Our team attitude going into those 2 matches was massively different to what it is now. 

Our away performances at Parkheid under Murty....amazing, and deserving of a win. Particularly after the last visit.

If I gave the impression that I had given up the ghost on this title race, think again.

|We are in it, and I just hope that we go on a run to match their recent run and run them over, especially in light of what Brenda has said about the challengers being on "holiday", due to their European commitments.

My memory reminds me of that season in 2008, when we went all the way to Manchester, and those dirty bastards used the death of a small-name former player to postpone an OF match, while we were in red hot form, adding to a fixture pile up nightmare where we fucked the UEFA Cup and League. Shit like that will not be forgotten.

We are still in this, by fuck.

NO SURRENDER!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree we need to have a wee bit of realism. 

People talking about a title challenge need to remember we are only 3 points clear off the sheep and only 2 bad results from being third.

I think come the 11th March at half 2 we will have a better idea where we are. 

1 minute ago, Amac9 said:

People talking about a title challenge need to remember we are only 3 points clear off the sheep and only 2 bad results from being third.

Very fact we are in this position given our season is allowing people to dream. We are only 2 results from being in a title race. to flip your point mate

I'm happy the direction we're heading in and think we've got a great shot at the cup but I can't see it, it's essentially 7 points with the goal difference and I can't see them slipping up tomorrow so I'm assuming that it's 9+1 including the goal difference, that means they need to drop points 4 times and we have to win our next 10

Can't see it 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Very fact we are in this position given our season is allowing people to dream. We are only 2 results from being in a title race. to flip your point mate

True. Just hard to shake the stupid performances and points dropped to Hearts, Partick, Hibs twice, Dundee, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Hamilton...

And if Morelos could head the ball properly we would have beat them at the piggery.

Just now, KingKirk said:

10 out of 10 and we will be champs starting tuesday:champagne:Go write your name into the history of this great club lads!

It's absolutely soul destroying that you think it's a possibility because it means it definitely isn't happening.

But tomorrow isn't the be all end all. 

I expect the tims to beat the sheep pretty comfortably tomorrow. But, I also expect them to drop random points here and there between now and the end of the season.

It's all about whether we can keep winning our games. We beat them home and away, the only need to drop 4 points outwith that. Them losing to us could be the turning point, not tomorrow. 

I didn't expect st. johnstone to hold them to a draw. They could beat the sheep tomorrow, lose to us and draw away to Motherwell.

Who knows just yet, but I don't think them winning tomorrow is the end of our chances.

21 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

True. Just hard to shake the stupid performances and points dropped to Hearts, Partick, Hibs twice, Dundee, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Hamilton...

And if Morelos could head the ball properly we would have beat them at the piggery.

:tu:

Not only that...Hibs twice at home. And we robbed the 3 points at their dump.

Just now, Gustav said:

It's absolutely soul destroying that you think it's a possibility because it means it definitely isn't happening.

No better time than now for them to prove us wrong. Can they go on a 10 game winning run. I remember a few years ago Walter telling his players they needed the perfect 10 to win the league and IIRC they delivered exactly that

Just now, KingKirk said:

No better time than now for them to prove us wrong. Can they go on a 10 game winning run. I remember a few years ago Walter telling his players they needed the perfect 10 to win the league and IIRC they delivered exactly that

In Walter's 3 titles 2nd time round we never went on a 10 game winning run at the finishing stretch.

24 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

Hopefully this time tomorrow we're only clear of the sheep on goal difference.

You're right that on the 11th of March we will have a better idea.

I've said all week in work that right now there isn't a title race but I've also said that in a few weeks there might be.