***The Official St. Johnstone v Rangers Thread***

Bronzy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Not wanting to sound too harsh but I feel like the first substitution was poor. 

Windass should have came off for Cummings so we still had real width and put 2 upfront. 

Total waste bringing Cummings on to play him behind the striker. 

Completely agree. Need the boy to get his confidence up and get a goal and that ain't going to happen in a system where we see out the game and create little 

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Personally think Goss is massively underrated. 

Such a massive influence on our play.

The half volley into windass path was a thing of beauty. If only Josh played a better pass to morelos strolling it up here.

Sign for any price would be my message to our DOF this summer

4 minutes ago, MasterD said:

As soon as any of the front 4 get replaced for Cummings we fall away because he doesn’t offer as much as any of the players he replaces. He lacks the athleticism others have and it doesn’t work.

If he isn’t coming on to play as a front 2 shouldn’t come on.

You're right to a point.

Taking Candias off weakens the midfield. Taking Windass off doesn't and he should have been replaced with Cummngs and reverted to two up front. 

Need to build around Docherty and Goss, both can pull the strings in midfield and neither shirk away from the physical side.  Docherty breaks up play and his passing in the final third is tops, Goss always seems to find space and is always makes himself available to others.   I'd say Goss is the first intelligent midfield player we've had in a long, long time.

Need to build around Docherty and Goss, both can pull the strings in midfield and neither shirk away from the physical side.  Docherty breaks up play and his passing in the final third is tops, Goss always seems to find space and is always makes himself available to others.   I'd say Goss is the first intelligent midfield player we've had in a long, long time.

That's Morelos' best game for a while in overall play.  Really enjoyed watching him tonight without having to hide behind my hands.  Goss and Docherty also excellent.  Our defence still needs to tighten up though, a better team would've made more of those chances.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Completely agree. Need the boy to get his confidence up and get a goal and that ain't going to happen in a system where we see out the game and create little 

Just seemed like he wanted to appease Cummings. 

Which is poor.

Archived