Windass Again

Lord Lockin

For fuck sake give the guy a break, lost count how many topics are started and somewhere along the lines Windass makes an appearance to take a hammering. The guy gives us something we've been missing,someone from midfield who gets into goal scoring opportunities and scores goals, granted misses some as well, but who doesn't. Yesterday wasn't his best day but he certainly wasn't as bad as people are saying. He's came on leaps and bounds in the last few months and at £200,000 was he value for money - yes - have we had a good return for the money - yes - so come on give it a rest.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if he hadnt done his daft shoosh gesture he probably woudlnt be taking as much stick 

hate when players do that, its disrespectful to the fans, he wasnt playing to the best of his ability before and deservedly took some abuse from fans, he has no right to tell the fans to shoosh, hes been playing well but didnt have a great game yesterday and is open to criticism and rightully so

theyre professional footballers, if they cant handle some stick from fans they can feel free to fuck off, not that thats the case with Windass but some fans, myself included, feel he has a way to go before getting adoration from us due to how pish he was previously, i dont think he has the best attitude as a footballer 

17 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

For fuck sake give the guy a break, lost count how many topics are started and somewhere along the lines Windass makes an appearance to take a hammering. The guy gives us something we've been missing,someone from midfield who gets into goal scoring opportunities and scores goals, granted misses some as well, but who doesn't. Yesterday wasn't his best day but he certainly wasn't as bad as people are saying. He's came on leaps and bounds in the last few months and at £200,000 was he value for money - yes - have we had a good return for the money - yes - so come on give it a rest.

Irony ???

30 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

if he hadnt done his daft shoosh gesture he probably woudlnt be taking as much stick 

hate when players do that, its disrespectful to the fans, he wasnt playing to the best of his ability before and deservedly took some abuse from fans, he has no right to tell the fans to shoosh, hes been playing well but didnt have a great game yesterday and is open to criticism and rightully so

theyre professional footballers, if they cant handle some stick from fans they can feel free to fuck off, not that thats the case with Windass but some fans, myself included, feel he has a way to go before getting adoration from us due to how pish he was previously, i dont think he has the best attitude as a footballer 

getting the stick long before the gesture 

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Too many are too quick to jump on his back both here and at Ibrox.

No one jumped on him really for his first couple of misses but that last one was so awful because he had so much time and put it so far wide ffs. Did almost make up for it with that free kick though.

Windass was brutal yesterday.  Had chances to score and didn't take them, contributed nothing to our overall play, doesn't seem interested in the defensive side of it unlike Murphy and Candeias.  If he's having an off day it would be nice to have an option off the bench but we don't seem to have one.

36 minutes ago, PolarBear1972 said:

He could have scored 2 or 3 yesterday. 

He" Should" have scored 2 or 3,  2 for sure but he wasn't the only 1 without their shooting boots on, the thing that got me was him pulling out of tackles but probably he will score 2 in midweek he's that type of player, he is a threat from midfield something we haven't had for a while but wish he had a wee bit more bottle in the tackles. 

1 minute ago, NetherburnBear said:

He" Should" have scored 2 or 3,  2 for sure but he wasn't the only 1 without their shooting boots on, the thing that got me was him pulling out of tackles but probably he will score 2 in midweek he's that type of player, he is a threat from midfield something we haven't had for a while but wish he had a wee bit more bottle in the tackles. 

I wasn't criticising. I meant it as he may have been off form yesterday, but he still was there for the goal scoring chances.

The one position in the team I'd like to see us strengthen with a decent sum of money in the summer. A good quality addition to play that role would have a massive impact on the team. Someone who can dictate a game and contribute to a game in other ways than scoring, something Windass rarely does.

Ive seen a few people mention that perhaps Dorrans could play that role and I wouldn't be against trying that towards the end of the season if he can get fit. If it doesn't look like it's working I'd make it a priority in the next window. 

1 minute ago, PolarBear1972 said:

I wasn't criticising. I meant it as he may have been off form yesterday, but he still was there for the goal scoring chances.

I wasn't meaning you were mate, just saying he should have put the chances away, and the next time he's in that position he probably will,(hopefully lol)