Jason Cummings

KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pish.

Didn't see Morelos pulling us out of a hole in defence, but I did witness Cummings do it.

Any more performances like that from Morelos, we won't be getting 11 pence for him, never mind 11 fucking million.

the same morelos that cleared at least 2 corners from our box with headers?

Cummings was sharp in front of goal today but it has to be remembered that Morelos was up there with him.  Would be a huge experiment dropping Morelos and having Cummings lead the line on his own in our biggest game of the season (thus far).  Don’t think Murty will take that risk.

Just how good is it to have competition for places,  for a few seasons there half our team was made up of players regardless of how shite they were for weeks on end were never dropped.

A player with the jersey under pressure will always give that little bit extra even though sub consciously.

It's a good headache to have, I don't think  Murty can even contemplate playing 2 up front next week. Until we have a solid defense, JC will just have to bide his time I'm afraid.

The only other alternative is dropping Windass, (who to me has looked a bit complacent) and playing Cummings in the No10 role, then of course you'll lose JWs goals and movement.

It's a tough 1, we really have to get this monkey off our back though and Just Win.

Start with Morelos and if we’re chasing the game or going for the win, bringing on Cummings who has just scored a hat-trick is perfect.

4-2-3-1 has worked for us incredibly well since the end of December. No point in changing it for the biggest game of the season

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Get it up ye 

Yeah yeah, I’ll admit when I’m wrong. Head hanging in shame after the previous. Not a legend yet but let’s hope this is a start. Same again against the scum and I’ll keep my mouth shut forever more. Got that feeling back, it’s been a while but it’s back. C’mon The Rangers!

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I think you’ll get just as many goals from Cummings, in fact I think he’d be less wasteful IMO. 

Might get as many goals but Morelos’ holding up the ball and linking play creates a lot of goals too, that’s what makes him a better option for us upfront than Cummings imo.

6 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Start with Morelos and if we’re chasing the game or going for the win, bringing on Cummings who has just scored a hat-trick is perfect.

4-2-3-1 has worked for us incredibly well since the end of December. No point in changing it for the biggest game of the season

It's not as simple as that.  Murphy may not be fit and therefore a change may be forced.  If one of the front 4 is unavailable then there's a strong case to be made for Cummings starting the game.

4 hours ago, Siwel said:

Might get as many goals but Morelos’ holding up the ball and linking play creates a lot of goals too, that’s what makes him a better option for us upfront than Cummings imo.

This 'Morelos offers us a lot more' stuff is quickly becoming something that is said a lot but there's not much backing it up.  Morelos tends to be quite selfish with the ball and his passing is often slack.  He has over 2000 league minutes (the equivalent of 22+ full league matches) with only 4 assists so is he really creating a lot of goals?  I'd bet Cummings could get the same number of assists given that amount of game time.  I understand that Morelos is pressing for us but Cummings has been working hard to press too and he's not back to full fitness yet.  There's nothing to indicate Cummings is lazy or unwilling to press the ball high up the pitch.  Morelos is strong physically and less likely to be bullied off the ball and on that front I do think he has the edge.

To be clear, I like Morelos as a player and Cummings too.  I just don't think Cummings and Morelos are as far apart in terms of ability as some seem to think.  As the rest of this season plays out I think we'll come to value both as very good strikers (if that hasn't happened already).  I like the 4-2-3-1 system a great deal but it's certainly disappointing to have two very good strikers and not be able to play them at the same time.  If we played both as a strike partnership they could be a 50+ goal a season strike force in the SPFL.  

9 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Doesn't matter really, he scores against top flight teams too as he has clearly showed since limited minutes. 

But aye only prolific against lower league sides :lol: 

He only has a handful of goals against top flight teams. We don't know yet if he'll be prolific against them until he gets a good run of games.

I said he's prolific against lower league teams and we already knew that so we've learned nothing new from that performance.

You seem to have plucked the word "only" out of thin air and added that to suit your own narrative :lol:

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

This 'Morelos offers us a lot more' stuff is quickly becoming something that is said a lot but there's not much backing it up.  Morelos tends to be quite selfish with the ball and his passing is often slack.  He has over 2000 league minutes (the equivalent of 22+ full league matches) with only 4 assists so is he really creating a lot of goals?  I'd bet Cummings could get the same number of assists given that amount of game time.  I understand that Morelos is pressing for us but Cummings has been working hard to press too and he's not back to full fitness yet.  There's nothing to indicate Cummings is lazy or unwilling to press the ball high up the pitch.  Morelos is strong physically and less likely to be bullied off the ball and on that front I do think he has the edge.

To be clear, I like Morelos as a player and Cummings too.  I just don't think Cummings and Morelos are as far apart in terms of ability as some seem to think.  As the rest of this season plays out I think we'll come to value both as very good strikers (if that hasn't happened already).  I like the 4-2-3-1 system a great deal but it's certainly disappointing to have two very good strikers and not be able to play them at the same time.  If we played both as a strike partnership they could be a 50+ goal a season strike force in the SPFL.  

Cummings is a better finisher but no one can argue that he is a better all round striker than Morelos. They would compliment eachother together upfront with more time played there to build a partnership but we don’t have the players to play a 442 unless we use the diamond which would mean we’ve got to sacrifice wingers.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He only has a handful of goals against top flight teams. We don't know yet if he'll be prolific against them until he gets a good run of games.

While at Hibs he scored a number of goals during their cup runs against top-tier sides like: Hearts, Aberdeen, St.Johnstone, Hamilton, Dundee United (who were still a top flight club at that time).  He also bagged a number of goals against us who were stronger than many top-tier sides despite being in the Championship.  He got 60+ goals for Hibs while still a teenager and that's some going. 

While down South didn't he score two goals against Newcastle who went on to win the English Championship?  It now looks like he's about to get a call up to the Scottish national team after doing well for us.  You doubt he can be prolific against Scottish top-tier teams?  I don't think there's any doubt that this lad will score goals at this level he's very talented and is only going to get better.

Morelos looked incapable of scoring yesterday, his confidence has temporary gone and the old firm game is too critical a game to hope it comes back.

Cummings is the in form player, he worked hard and definitely took his chances so he should be ahead of Morelos unless they both start together which I do not see happening.

Murty states it’s the players that deserve the jersey that will start games - time to show he wasn’t talking bollocks.

6 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Morelos looked incapable of scoring yesterday, his confidence has temporary gone and the old firm game is too critical a game to hope it comes back.

Cummings is the in form player, he worked hard and definitely took his chances so he should be ahead of Morelos unless they both start together which I do not see happening.

Murty states it’s the players that deserve the jersey that will start games - time to show he wasn’t talking bollocks.

Morelos dodnt scorw yesterday but scored on tuesday. He has games like that all the time and it doesn't seem to get to him.

Cummings last goal prior to yesterday was against Ayr. On the 11th of february. 

To call him the inform player because of yesterday and say morelos is out of.form is ridiculous. 

Morelos offers us much more than any other player in the team. He's not just a finisher but some of his all round play is crucial to us. Instead of saying one is in better form than the other I'd try to find a way to ensure both are on the park together 

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

the same morelos that cleared at least 2 corners from our box with headers?

Mate I honestly had to put that cunt on ignore. His posts are as tedious as fuck and he has no clue about anything to do with football. Guys a fucking idiot.

Did notice a well respected poster say that there are similarities between him and John james. Sadly nobody really seemed to take him up on it. Really wouldn't surprise me in all honesty if he was though

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

This 'Morelos offers us a lot more' stuff is quickly becoming something that is said a lot but there's not much backing it up.  Morelos tends to be quite selfish with the ball and his passing is often slack.  He has over 2000 league minutes (the equivalent of 22+ full league matches) with only 4 assists so is he really creating a lot of goals? 

Holding the ball up, allowing you're midfielders to catch up with play and go beyond the striker is absolutely vital. It's not expected to result in a lot of assists. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate I honestly had to put that cunt on ignore. His posts are as tedious as fuck and he has no clue about anything to do with football. Guys a fucking idiot.

Did notice a well respected poster say that there are similarities between him and John james. Sadly nobody really seemed to take him up on it. Really wouldn't surprise me in all honesty if he was though

You talking about out our estranged friend? He is either JJ or at least reads his blogs and uses his patter on here.