Jason Cummings

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

He'll probably get his chance in one of the other old firm games.

Then everyone choking for him to start instead of Morelos will see the ball will come right back to us 9 times out of 10 when he is playing up top himself against a half decent side.

Exactly. Which is another problem. Windass doesn't provide the support and can just disappear as we know. Morelos works hard and maybe just too hard that it affects his finishing. He does get quite frustrated and chokes the ball when it's time to put it away. We need set up better to be more effective in attack. I'd sacrifice Windass to achieve it, as he looks the better impact sub, being the more selfish type with the pace to go at tired legs.

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Then everyone choking for him to start instead of Morelos will see the ball will come right back to us 9 times out of 10 when he is playing up top himself against a half decent side.

I don't think it would have mattered who was up front in the second half as every attack was down the right and was an aimless ball into the box, I think the chance at 2-2 when Morelos was through was similar to Cummings goal against Falkirk, the chance at the end is just bad luck and can happen to any striker in fact I have seen Cummings miss them from there before, I just think that Cummings was in form and should have started.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Exactly. Which is another problem. Windass doesn't provide the support and can just disappear as we know. Morelos works hard and maybe just too hard that it affects his finishing. He does get quite frustrated and chokes the ball when it's time to put it away. We need set up better to be more effective in attack. I'd sacrifice Windass to achieve it, as he looks the better impact sub, being the more selfish type with the pace to go at tired legs.

I think we definietely need another CM/DM playing, so yeah Windass probably needs sacrificed as he contrbutes nothing defensively. 

4-1-2-3 is what I’d play next OF game. McCrorie sitting, Dorrans & Docherty CM with the usual Murphy, Candeias & Morelos up top. 

5 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

I don't think it would have mattered who was up front in the second half as every attack was down the right and was an aimless ball into the box, I think the chance at 2-2 when Morelos was through was similar to Cummings goal against Falkirk, the chance at the end is just bad luck and can happen to any striker in fact I have seen Cummings miss them from there before, I just think that Cummings was in form and should have started.

“In form” because he score a hatrick against a Championship relegation fighting side? 

Whilst Morelos was MOTM a few days earlier against a Premiership side? 

38 minutes ago, PRW. said:

It's a point that's lost to so many on here. His finishing has been wasteful and in games like yesterday very very costly so it's understandable he's taking all this flack. However what he has done is bully and dominate every single one of their defenders which allows others to get up and support. 

If we had the raw strength and guile of Morelos and the natural finishing prowess of Cummings we'd have the perfect striker. We don't, so Murty has to find a system that can accommodate both for at least a portion of every game now. 

The problem I have with all of this is Morelos playing in a true partnership with Cummings would tick the boxes.

You have your strong player, capable of holding up the ball, dropping deep, drifting wide and linking up with the midfield. Then you have your penalty box striker who'll be looking to get on the end of everything, score poachers goals from mistakes in the box or saves getting pushed back into play.

The big problem is if you go down that route the rest of the formation has to change as our central midfield isn't strong enough to just have the 2 without an attacking midfielder sitting between the striker and midfield. So you go to a 3 in the central midfield. Then that means if you want to play Murphy and Candeias you have only got 3 players left for defence. So you play 3 central defenders. Then what of Tavernier and John? Ok so play Tavernier and John as wingbacks in a 5-3-2 WB but that means dropping Murphy and Candeias.

Thats the issue here. We've built a team to play a certain way and this doesn't involve a classic striking partnership. This means you make a choice between Morelos and Cummings. Each player offers different qualities therefore you'll never get the best out of both in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

It's a point that's lost to so many on here. His finishing has been wasteful and in games like yesterday very very costly so it's understandable he's taking all this flack. However what he has done is bully and dominate every single one of their defenders which allows others to get up and support. 

If we had the raw strength and guile of Morelos and the natural finishing prowess of Cummings we'd have the perfect striker. We don't, so Murty has to find a system that can accommodate both for at least a portion of every game now. 

Agreed mate, but that’d mean a 3-5-2 (442 is out the question, terrible formation) and we can’t sacrafice 2 of John, Tav, Murphy & Candeias. 

We need a new striker, too much pressure on Morelos. He was never supposed to be our main striker this season. Young boy, can’t speak English, first season here, not had a break for over a year & is our main striker. 

Need 1/2 strikers in the summer.

36 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can Morelos play up front on his own? Yes. 

Can Cummings? No. 

Should they both be playing together? Yes,90% of the time anyway. 

I think this is what I’ve been trying to say but not as successfully as how you put it. 

I would say that Cummings needs a Moult type striker though and would struggle in the “Windass “ position. 

He is currently not a good fit for either our formation or personnel. Changing everything to make him fit would be stupid knowing Morelos and Windass nearly 30 goals betwethem. 

I am hoping he proves me horribly wrong though

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think this is what I’ve been trying to say but not as successfully as how you put it. 

I would say that Cummings needs a Moult type striker though and would struggle in the “Windass “ position. 

He is currently not a good fit for either our formation or personnel. Changing everything to make him fit would be stupid knowing Morelos and Windass nearly 30 goals betwethem. 

I am hoping he proves me horribly wrong though

If we had three capable centre backs we could play 3-5-2 and the amount of firepower we'd have going forward would be frightening. 

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The problem I have with all of this is Morelos playing in a true partnership with Cummings would tick the boxes.

You have your strong player, capable of holding up the ball, dropping deep, drifting wide and linking up with the midfield. Then you have your penalty box striker who'll be looking to get on the end of everything, score poachers goals from mistakes in the box or saves getting pushed back into play.

The big problem is if you go down that route the rest of the formation has to change as our central midfield isn't strong enough to just have the 2 without an attacking midfielder sitting between the striker and midfield. So you go to a 3 in the central midfield. Then that means if you want to play Murphy and Candeias you have only got 3 players left for defence. So you play 3 central defenders. Then what of Tavernier and John? Ok so play Tavernier and John as wingbacks in a 5-3-2 WB but that means dropping Murphy and Candeias.

Thats the issue here. We've built a team to play a certain way and this doesn't involve a classic striking partnership. This means you make a choice between Morelos and Cummings. Each player offers different qualities therefore you'll never get the best out of both in my opinion.

Cheers to that!

Murty is proving to be as one dimensional as MW.

Then look at BR , puts two up front when down to ten men and we get shredded. Not good!

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Complete waste of time taking him on loan when he only gets 10 mins here and there

Murty has played a one striker formation since January.  Why bring Cummings in if we're going to play a system he's not suited to?  I rate Cummings but if we're going to keep playing one striker systems we'll never get the best out of him and should let him go during the summer.  Moult, who were linked with recently, can play as a lone striker.  Moult holds the ball up, puts himself about, and can get his head on the end of crosses.  Moult is better suited to us right now than a Cummings.

We need to sign players that fit the system.  Murty didn't do that when he brought Cummings here.  

19 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Your name is Daniel and you are from Aberdeen...

Aye, take a flying fuck you absolute bellend. The name isn’t Daniel and I make a point of pounding cunts like you to the ground for for even mentioning that. As for a sheepshagger, I might work here but doesn’t make me like the place! Away and sniff your maw you fucking tink!

4 minutes ago, DanGer said:

Aye, take a flying fuck you absolute bellend. The name isn’t Daniel and I make a point of pounding cunts like you to the ground for for even mentioning that. As for a sheepshagger, I might work here but doesn’t make me like the place! Away and sniff your maw you fucking tink!

:lol: