Anyone a lawyer on here pref corporate?

thehost

Most Corporate lawyers will want paid. Unless you actually know someone it might be hard to get free advice. (I worked for corporate law firms for a very long time).

ps: During my time in a Glasgow law firm Fergus McCann was buying the 'Tic and marrying one of our lawyers (Elspeth). I had the pleasure of ignoring him once but others came running to take his bunnet & get him a cuppa.

9 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

can the person who wrote this explain how, in what way I offended him/her? Lawyers expect to be paid and very few will give free advice to a stranger. They live for chargeable hours.

As to my mention of the septic purchase, it happened, I did ignore Fergus, he did marry Elspeth. 

So what's your boggle ??

4 hours ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

can the person who wrote this explain how, in what way I offended him/her? Lawyers expect to be paid and very few will give free advice to a stranger. They live for chargeable hours.

As to my mention of the septic purchase, it happened, I did ignore Fergus, he did marry Elspeth. 

So what's your boggle ??

Solicitors are mere whores of the court working for the court.

They will all tell you to just to plead guilty.

Any one with experience knows this.

20 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

Solicitors are mere whores of the court working for the court.

They will all tell you to just to plead guilty.

Any one with experience knows this.

Lawyers advise they never tell clients what to do. It is the other way round. Clients have wanted me to do things contrary to my advice loads of times.

16 hours ago, IanFerguson2013 said:

So what's your boggle ??

If I was to guess I would say it was the part where you referred to them as "the tic"

:britney:

17 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Lawyers advise they never tell clients what to do. It is the other way round. Clients have wanted me to do things contrary to my advice loads of times.

Lube involved?

On 01/03/2018 at 10:59, thehost said:

I know we have a few bean counters but have we any Corp law guys?

make yourself known I have coi questions re 1872 the wee man in the street and the owner of 1872 and his many hats

Is Donald suing on a copyright issue or did he fart and you failed to start a new thread in the Politics and Current Affairs forum?

You could try the Citizens Advice Bureaux OP.  They may wonder why such an affluent man who has invested millions in Rangers can't afford a lawyer though. Bit like a lottery millionaire taking their ill dog to the PDSA. Please tell me you don't do that too.:britney:

Chances are though,  like most of us they won't give a flying fuck.