David Astori

Dreadful news. Scary stuff considering his age as well. I have this perception that it seems to be more common in sport now - but I could be completely wrong. 

All Serie A games, including the Milan derby tonight, have been postponed. 

9 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

You don't make cheap jibes and jokes on the back of someone's death mate. That's just fucking wrong.

Exactly, need to give it at least few days before you make jokes, them's the rules.

Sad news about Astori, too fucking young to die at that age. I am thinking about the way I have pissed many years away when someone born in the 80's has died but there are many more over the world as well.

Touch of class by the Italians cancelling all games, will cause a backlog but fuck it some things transcend a football match.

Dummie, hope your FIL gets better mate and wish you all the best, know how hard it is for a partner when their other half is worried out of their wits and you have to deal with the fallout.

4 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Sad news about Astori, too fucking young to die at that age. I am thinking about the way I have pissed many years away when someone born in the 80's has died but there are many more over the world as well.

Touch of class by the Italians cancelling all games, will cause a backlog but fuck it some things transcend a football match.

Dummie, hope your FIL gets better mate and wish you all the best, know how hard it is for a partner when their other half is worried out of their wits and you have to deal with the fallout.

Cheers M, like all celtic fans my FIL likes to watch Rangers. 

10 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Was thinking this myself. In Britain they would probably have just told the fans to applaud and then fined any club that refused to play.

5 hours ago, McKissock said:

Dreadful news. Scary stuff considering his age as well. I have this perception that it seems to be more common in sport now - but I could be completely wrong. 

All Serie A games, including the Milan derby tonight, have been postponed. 

I was thinking this myself when I heard the news today. There's been quite a few over the last few years.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I was thinking this myself when I heard the news today. There's been quite a few over the last few years.

Makes you wonder if athletes are maybe too fit now and their bodies/hearts just simply can’t take the strain/pressure and pack in as a result.

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Makes you wonder if athletes are maybe too fit now and their bodies/hearts just simply can’t take the strain/pressure and pack in as a result.

It's a scary thought but it does seem like the only reasonable explanation unless it's just a sad coincidence that all of these players have had underlying health issues that have never been picked up on.

15 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's a scary thought but it does seem like the only reasonable explanation unless it's just a sad coincidence that all of these players have had underlying health issues that have never been picked up on.

Somebody on FF posted figures of 96 deaths like this since 2000. Had figures of 49 for 111 years prior to that. Dont know where the figures came from but you consistently hear of players dropping dead for no apparent reason these days. Makes you wonder when they are monitored by sports scientists. Doesnt seem to be so prevelant in other sports like cycling , rugby, athletics or is it?