David Astori

9 minutes ago, markem said:

Just reading Fiotentina have extended the lads contract indefinitely with the salary going to wife and kid. Classy from them  

Now that is how you should treat the bereaved in a time of shock and crisis. That is a true sign of class. Fiorentina have just gone up hugely in my estimation. 

1 minute ago, TheMotor said:

Now that is how you should treat the bereaved in a time of shock and crisis. That is a true sign of class. Fiorentina have just gone up hugely in my estimation. 

Agreed mate. Don’t have any other teams as such but I will wish them nothing but good fortune going forward.  It’s not going to even begin to replace what a young family has lost however financial security or lack of is no small matter. 

Heartbreaking tribute by one of the other players,  Saponara

Oh captain, my captain. Why did you not come down to have breakfast with us all? Why did you not pick up your shoes from outside of (goalkeeper) Marco Sportiello's room and then drink your orange juice, as usual?

Now they will tell us that life goes on, that we must look forward and pick ourselves up, but what will your absence taste like? Who will arrive every morning in the cafeteria, warming up everyone with his smile?

Who will ask us about what we did the previous night and have a laugh about it? Who will nurture the youngsters and give a sense of responsibility to the veterans? Who will form the circle to work on our 'two-touch play' and who will demolish Marco on the PlayStation?

With whom will we debate about Masterchef, Florence's restaurants, TV series or games played? Who will I lean on at lunch after a tiring training session? Come on, come back. You still need to finish watching La La Land to analyse like you did with all new movies.

Come back to Florence, they are waiting for you to renew your contract and acknowledge all the good and the positivity that you bring to us on a daily basis. Get out of that damn room, we will be waiting for you tomorrow at training.

In life there are people you've known forever but have never bonded with, and then there are the 'Davides', who warm to you immediately with a simple 'Welcome to Florence, Ricky'.

Wherever you are now, keep on defending our goal and enlighten the right path for us from the backline. Oh captain, my captain. Forever, my captain.

11 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Oh captain, my captain. Why did you not come down to have breakfast with us all? Why did you not pick up your shoes from outside of (goalkeeper) Marco Sportiello's room and then drink your orange juice, as usual?

Now they will tell us that life goes on, that we must look forward and pick ourselves up, but what will your absence taste like? Who will arrive every morning in the cafeteria, warming up everyone with his smile?

Who will ask us about what we did the previous night and have a laugh about it? Who will nurture the youngsters and give a sense of responsibility to the veterans? Who will form the circle to work on our 'two-touch play' and who will demolish Marco on the PlayStation?

With whom will we debate about Masterchef, Florence's restaurants, TV series or games played? Who will I lean on at lunch after a tiring training session? Come on, come back. You still need to finish watching La La Land to analyse like you did with all new movies.

Come back to Florence, they are waiting for you to renew your contract and acknowledge all the good and the positivity that you bring to us on a daily basis. Get out of that damn room, we will be waiting for you tomorrow at training.

In life there are people you've known forever but have never bonded with, and then there are the 'Davides', who warm to you immediately with a simple 'Welcome to Florence, Ricky'.

Wherever you are now, keep on defending our goal and enlighten the right path for us from the backline. Oh captain, my captain. Forever, my captain.

Heart-rending  stuff

20 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Looks like it's the only way an autopsy can be done in Italy mate. Usual papers with the sensationalist headlines

It's similar in the UK mate. If a fit and otherwise healthy person suddenly dies they have to investigate it fully and do an autopsy etc. I don't think there's any suggestion there was foul play here.

21 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Just what I saw someone say.. might not be the case.

Looks like they are honouring the 4 year contract he was due to sign rather than an indefinite contract.

'And following a Serie A meeting, Italian Olympic Committee President Giovanni Malago confirmed Fiorentina will honour their deal by offering the wages of his deal to his wife, Francesca, and two-year-old daughter.'

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Looks like they are honouring the 4 year contract he was due to sign rather than an indefinite contract.

'And following a Serie A meeting, Italian Olympic Committee President Giovanni Malago confirmed Fiorentina will honour their deal by offering the wages of his deal to his wife, Francesca, and two-year-old daughter.'

A touch of class.

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Touch of class even if its not ‘for life’. 

Just now, johanhentze said:

Touch of class even if its not ‘for life’. 

Apparently worth around a million a year so should help the family in some way. He had been due to sign the deal but it was postponed due to the weather so he never did. You would hope this is how clubs would react to such a tragedy. 

Saw a player on loan from Fiorentina, in Portugal, had to be substituted when he found out during a game. There seems to have been a genuine affection for him amongst his peers, something for the family to take pride in over the coming years.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

Apparently worth around a million a year so should help the family in some way. He had been due to sign the deal but it was postponed due to the weather so he never did. You would hope this is how clubs would react to such a tragedy. 

Saw a player on loan from Fiorentina, in Portugal, had to be substituted when he found out during a game. There seems to have been a genuine affection for him amongst his peers, something for the family to take pride in over the coming years.

:tu: 

15 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

See the cunts that come up with these hoaxes, although I know its not one in this case, I'd hang them. publicly.

I know. But in this case people were saying that the contract was given the family for life.. which isnt true.

19 hours ago, Sparkle said:

That would bring a tear to a glass eye.