Scottish Football

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Also things need to change regarding head knocks. 

Gray has looked out of it two or three times now, he should’ve been dragged off

Heard a few months ago they have a new pitch test system which is being trialed and it is hoped to be out next year or the just after.

Just now, Malvern said:

Heard a few months ago they have a new pitch test system which is being trialed and it is hoped to be out next year or the just after.

At least that’s a step forward. I get he’s captain, in a derby etc, I’d hate for a captain of ours to go off in an old firm but I’d rather that than him maybe collapsing or worse on the pitch

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Thought they were dreadful against us for 75 minutes and we should’ve been at least 4 up by the time they scored. 

He’s got them steady, which is the type of manager he seems to be. 

Can’t imagine we’ll have much trouble with Hearts and Hibs if they continue with the squads and managers they have

I'm hoping they're just having a bit of an extended new manager bounce. Heckingbottom seems to be quite a calm guy. Must be a delight for their players given the demented alcoholic mess they had to work with before.

:wow:

Hearts will close a section of Tynecastle for the final two home games of the season in an attempt to curb fan misbehaviour.

Pyrotechnics, coins, hot drinks and a coconut were thrown on to the pitch during Saturday's defeat by Hibernian.

A man has been charged with a hate crime after another incident, and there were three further arrests.

In a statement, Hearts owner Ann Budge said a lower section G of the Wheatfield Stand will be closed.

Budge apologised to "innocent" fans who will be affected and said that "close to 200" season-ticket holders in that section would be offered seats elsewhere.

In December, Hearts wrote to season-ticket holders in an area of the main stand threatening closure. They have closed corner sections of the Roseburn Stand for recent matches.

Hearts have also committed to spending £100,000 to upgrade their CCTV system this summer.

Teenager charged with Tynecastle hate crime

Budge appeals for fans to identify culprits

"I have said before we will continue to take action to drive this behaviour out of Tynecastle and I know that I have the support of all fair-minded Hearts supporters in our efforts," she wrote.

"Every single instance could have resulted in injury and, in the case of the pyrotechnics, this did result in damage to the pitch - a pitch which, with the financial support of our fans, we have recently put down at a cost of £1m. Why would our own fans want to damage this? It beggars belief.

"That we are having to reduce available capacity when we have worked so hard to increase it through building our new stand is nothing short of ludicrous. As ludicrous as having spent £1m on a state-of-the-art pitch, which some of our own fans are willing to risk destroying."

Budge also criticised "an appalling example of racist abuse" by a Hearts supporter, reports of "sectarian comments" being made by home fans, and claims of Hearts players "being racially abused" by Hibs fans.

"Just because it happens both ways, that in no way condones it," added Budge, who confirmed that four of the club's supporters were ejected and three arrested.

"Stadium rules have for years listed many forms of unacceptable behaviour and yet this behaviour goes on and is seemingly on the increase. So simply listing what is unacceptable is not enough. We have to work together to stamp out these unacceptable behaviours. The government, the police, the football authorities, the clubs, the supporters… we all have a part to play."

15 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Hearts will close a section of Tynecastle for the final two home games of the season in an attempt to curb fan misbehaviour.

Pyrotechnics, coins, hot drinks and a coconut were thrown on to the pitch during Saturday's defeat by Hibernian.

A man has been charged with a hate crime after another incident, and there were three further arrests.

In a statement, Hearts owner Ann Budge said a lower section G of the Wheatfield Stand will be closed.

Budge apologised to "innocent" fans who will be affected and said that "close to 200" season-ticket holders in that section would be offered seats elsewhere.

In December, Hearts wrote to season-ticket holders in an area of the main stand threatening closure. They have closed corner sections of the Roseburn Stand for recent matches.

Hearts have also committed to spending £100,000 to upgrade their CCTV system this summer.

"I have said before we will continue to take action to drive this behaviour out of Tynecastle and I know that I have the support of all fair-minded Hearts supporters in our efforts," she wrote.

"Every single instance could have resulted in injury and, in the case of the pyrotechnics, this did result in damage to the pitch - a pitch which, with the financial support of our fans, we have recently put down at a cost of £1m. Why would our own fans want to damage this? It beggars belief.

"That we are having to reduce available capacity when we have worked so hard to increase it through building our new stand is nothing short of ludicrous. As ludicrous as having spent £1m on a state-of-the-art pitch, which some of our own fans are willing to risk destroying."

Budge also criticised "an appalling example of racist abuse" by a Hearts supporter, reports of "sectarian comments" being made by home fans, and claims of Hearts players "being racially abused" by Hibs fans.

"Just because it happens both ways, that in no way condones it," added Budge, who confirmed that four of the club's supporters were ejected and three arrested.

"Stadium rules have for years listed many forms of unacceptable behaviour and yet this behaviour goes on and is seemingly on the increase. So simply listing what is unacceptable is not enough. We have to work together to stamp out these unacceptable behaviours. The government, the police, the football authorities, the clubs, the supporters… we all have a part to play."

Seen that  I think all the club's are showing they'll act so strict liability doesn't come into play imo

13 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Seen that  I think all the club's are showing they'll act so strict liability doesn't come into play imo

100%

clubs are shitting it and rightly so. no matter what you do as a club you cannot stop some drunken ned from shouting something at a football match

30 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

100%

clubs are shitting it and rightly so. no matter what you do as a club you cannot stop some drunken ned from shouting something at a football match

The Motherwell CEO during the week was really good on this issue.

Banned the guy who threw the lighter and basically said I don’t support strict liability, politicians are moaning that clubs aren’t doing enough, well here we go.

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

100%

I find it funny that they hound us for singing songs but when it comes to cunts throwing coins etc then it's a different story. 

Surely players would rather "offensive" songs being sung at them than getting hit in the face with all sorts. 

18 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Why bring in proper security and searching procedures when you can just act the cunt towards your fans?

Now hundreds of their fans who behave just fine are being messed about because of one or two idiots.

4 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Why bring in proper security and searching procedures when you can just act the cunt towards your fans?

Now hundreds of their fans who behave just fine are being messed about because of one or two idiots.

I think as a few have said it is a case of being seen to be proactive against the SNP wanting to bring in strict liability. It is always the people who do nothing wrong that are fucked up by the few nutters. 

23 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think as a few have said it is a case of being seen to be proactive against the SNP wanting to bring in strict liability. It is always the people who do nothing wrong that are fucked up by the few nutters. 

I can appreciate that if that is what they're trying to do, however with better security and searching checks in place outside grounds you wouldn't see half the amount of bother, especially in parts of grounds notorious for fannies like that section at Tynecastle.  I mean a coconut?  Fucking hell.

36 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I can appreciate that if that is what they're trying to do, however with better security and searching checks in place outside grounds you wouldn't see half the amount of bother, especially in parts of grounds notorious for fannies like that section at Tynecastle.  I mean a coconut?  Fucking hell.

Aye a fucking coconut ffs ,the eejit was probably told to bring a shell 

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

The numbers to be searched along with the logistics might be a problem, but you do wonder what is going on in someones head when they take a coconut to throw onto the pitch at a game ffs, nuts.