Scottish Football

Good prospect but at ยฃ3mil heโ€™s a gamble we canโ€™t afford to take at the moment. Hopefully he doesnโ€™t amount to much, to be honest I havenโ€™t reallyย even noticed him in the games Iโ€™ve seen him play but his stats are pretty good for a young player.

10 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Good prospect but at ยฃ3mil heโ€™s a gamble we canโ€™t afford to take at the moment. Hopefully he doesnโ€™t amount to much, to be honest I havenโ€™t reallyย even noticed him in the games Iโ€™ve seen him play but his stats are pretty good for a young player.

I've not seen much of him or Hastie but when i've seen them, both have looked decent. Both obviously have good stats but both come with the risk that this season has been their big breakthrough. To maintain or improve upon this season will be difficult.ย Turnbull it would seem had a slightly better season but it's a lot of money to pay for Turnbull. I think they've probably been forced into to paying more than they wanted to due to the McGinn fuck up. Hopefully Turnbull turns out to be a massive failure!

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I๏ปฟ think they've probably been forced into to paying more than th๏ปฟey ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟwanted to due to the McGinn fuck up. Hopefully Turnbull turn๏ปฟs๏ปฟ out to be a massive failure!๏ปฟ

Spot on, compounded by the fact that their own fans are publicly accusing their club of taking the cheap option (Lennon). The lad has obvious talent and potential but if the ยฃ3 mill price tagย is correct then this smacks of desperation to appease an ever growing section of their unhappy fans...

11 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I've not seen much of him or Hastie but when i've seen them, both have looked decent. Both obviously have good stats but both come with the risk that this season has been their big breakthrough. To maintain or improve upon this season will be difficult.ย Turnbull it would seem had a slightly better season but it's a lot of money to pay for Turnbull. I think they've probably been forced into to paying more than they wanted to due to the McGinn fuck up. Hopefully Turnbull turns out to be a massive failure!

Theyโ€™ve been stung by McGinn but I donโ€™t see Turnbull as near his level.

If he develops into a player theyโ€™ll feel theyโ€™ve won a watch, but we canโ€™t afford ยฃ3+million on potential right now

50 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Gary McKay-Steven going to Portsmouth :lol:

ย 

Oft, they are being wiped out! Quality.

Will McInnes think about jumping that sinking ship or will he shite it again? Turning down Sunderland looking a terrible decision, who'd a think it?

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

He is basically their only creative player, theyโ€™ll be a worse team to watch than Mike Bassets England next year

I've never found them enjoyable to watch. Granted I only watch them when they're playing us, but they've always been hammer throwersย 

Partick Thistle are the target of a takeover move by a wealthy international consortium that already owns OGC Nice and Barnsley.

Sportsmailย understands talks have been ongoing over recent months and there is optimism about a positive conclusion being reached.

Involving Chinese-American billionaire entrepreneur Chien Lee, founder of the NewCity Capital investment firm, the consortium have pinpointed Championship outfit Thistle as the next addition to their growing portfolio of clubs.

Lee and American businessman Paul Conway are currently co-chairmen of English second-tier side Barnsley, which was bought in December 2017.

Lee, Conway and Chinese investor Alex Zheng also bought an 80-per-cent stake in Nice in June 2016. The French club achieved Champions League qualification at the end of the following season.

There is already a link between Thistle and Barnsley through the 2017 sale of Liam Lindsay, who is now set to complete a ยฃ2million switch to Stoke City. The Firhill side hold a sell-on clause for the 23-year-old centre-back - thought to be in the region of 20 per cent.

The consortium do not have a reputation as excessive spenders on transfer fees but have deployed 'big data' analytic methods to aid their recruitment of players.

Speaking after the finalising the deal to take control of Barnsley 18 months ago, Conway said: 'I think this is one of the best-run clubs in the country. We're just trying to bring that little extra push that helps this club to be successful.

'We're disciplined people. We're not going to do anything crazy but we believe year after year we can improve performance. We'll take our time.' The Thistle board presently consists of six directors - chair Jacqui Low, Malcolm Cannon, Ian Dodd, Michael Robertson, Duncan Smillie and former goalkeeper Alan Rough.

Chinese-Americanย entrepreneur Chien Lee already ownsย Nice and Barnsley

Low, who joined the board four years ago and who became chair in 2018, made no mention of the proposed takeover in a detailed online address to supporters at the end of the season, saying only that the debt-free club had 'a need to create new income streams to create new funds'.

The club has benefited from the largesse of EuroMillions winners Colin and Christine Weir over the past four years, with close to ยฃ2m being invested in the academy.

The Weirs have also given their backing to the building of a new training ground in East Dunbartonshire but details on the project remain limited.

Relegated from the Premiership after losing to Livingston in the play-offs a year ago, the club parted company with manager Alan Archibald last October.

Former celtic defender Gary Caldwell (above) took over and succeeded in preventing the club being relegated again.

It is not clear how the proposed takeover would affect the Weirs or Caldwell.

A Thistle spokesman told Sportsmail on Thursday night: 'It's business as usual for us.'