Scottish Football

12 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The league standard is horrific. We really should be winning majority of our games out with the scum. 

That’s what separated us the most last season. Yeah we’re off to a good start beaten killie and pumping hibs but it’s the “wee” games like St mirren, accies, mwell etc that really win leagues. 

7 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

That’s what separated us the most last season. Yeah we’re off to a good start beaten killie and pumping hibs but it’s the “wee” games like St mirren, accies, mwell etc that really win leagues. 

Hibs and killie took alot of points of us last year. If those games had been won 55 would have been done and dusted.

In fairness, Cosgrove is a 22 year old striker who has 30 goals in his last 52 games for Aberdeen. 

Age and stats wise he is almost identical to Morelos. Yet if Aberdeen ever suggested his value was even £5m then people on here would be laughing their ass off yet we say £15-20m for Morelos.

I'll be surprised if he actually goes to a team like Lazio but he gets goals. 

2 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

One scores his goals without being the penalty taker 

One scores goals without taking free kicks

One is an international footballer 

The other is a football giraffe that has a modicum of talent and very much makes the best of his abilities. 

So aye, there is a significant difference, hence valuations are different. 

Other than that they're very similar :lol:

5 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

One scores his goals without being the penalty taker 

One scores goals without taking free kicks

One is an international footballer 

The other is a football giraffe that has a modicum of talent and very much makes the best of his abilities. 

So aye, there is a significant difference, hence valuations are different. 

If we had any striker who scored the amount of goals Cosgrove scores, regardless of penalties (and free kicks? odd point to make) then we would still value him highly. Also Morelos got 2 caps in friendlies then dropped from the whole squad for the tournament. 

If you want to say "ach but he's a sheep player so fuck him and aberdeen" then just say that. 

Think people can see the limitations in cosgrove. He has got a very good record for the sheep, he's a big physical striker suited to the game up here. I don't think he's technically very good or could cope with the same success in a bigger league. 

Morelos on the other hand I think could go and be a success in any league, hence why we value him so much higher 

1 hour ago, hooooootchy said:

Think people can see the limitations in cosgrove. He has got a very good record for the sheep, he's a big physical striker suited to the game up here. I don't think he's technically very good or could cope with the same success in a bigger league. 

Morelos on the other hand I think could go and be a success in any league, hence why we value him so much higher 

I never said that Cosgrove should be valued at the same price as Morelos

I said people laughing at him being valued at even 1/4 of the price of Morelos are being very hypocritical. 

I don't see any reason why Aberdeen shouldn't look for £5m plus for Cosgrove. If we're looking for £15-20m for Morelos I don't see why anybody would disagree with that other than bias against the team we're talking about.