Jump to content
ben51

***Official Scottish Football Thread***

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, wully said:

Lyndon Dykes says he's Scottish now. 

Easier for him to get in the Scotland team than the Australian team.

Also less hassle. It’s a cunt for Euro based players to fly to Uzbekistan, then Sydney/Melbourne etc, and back to Europe in a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, miracle said:

Aberdeen's new chairman has made them a feeder club for Atlanta United in the MLS...

I've seen a few quotes, investment to compete with the old firm. Aye ok, wheres the other £30m of extra yearly turnover coming from then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If ever there was a metaphor for how far the Scotland team had fallen it’s being issued a come and get me plea by a hoofball Livingston striker who has decided to play for Scotland because he probably can’t be arsed with the hassle of flying halfway around the world every couple of months to play for the national team that he really wants to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

If ever there was a metaphor for how far the Scotland team had fallen it’s being issued a come and get me plea by a hoofball Livingston striker who has decided to play for Scotland because he probably can’t be arsed with the hassle of flying halfway around the world every couple of months to play for the national team that he really wants to.

Scenes when he scores the goal that sends Scotland to the Euros 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hibs 3 Aberdeen 0, you have to laugh at these cunts, if I was a sheep shagger I’d be raging with them only showing up against Rangers.  But they got a draw against us at home, they’ve had a great week in their sad wee diddy club supporting lives.  Who cares if they get pumped off one of the worst teams in the league.  Embarrassing man.

Sparkle and Blumhoilann like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Hibs 3 Aberdeen 0, you have to laugh at these cunts, if I was a sheep shagger I’d be raging with them only showing up against Rangers.  But they got a draw against us at home, they’ve had a great week in their sad wee diddy club supporting lives.  Who cares if they get pumped off one of the worst teams in the league.  Embarrassing man.

Thing is they couldnt give two fucks about the draw against us , they were delighted because it put us 2 points behind the scum........

Blumhoilann likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Motherwell have announced a £436,000 loss for the year to May 2019, having made a £1.7m profit in the previous accounting period.

The Fir Park club finished eighth in last season's Scottish Premiership - one place lower than in 2017-18, when the club also reached both cup finals.

Gate receipts were down almost a half to £1.6m and broadcasting rights fell around 25% to £1.4m.

Revenue of £4.6m included £781,000 of transfer income.

Player sales were largely made up of the first instalment of the sale of Cedric Kipre, who joined Wigan in August 2018.

Staff costs rose by around £50,000 to almost £4m - just £600,000 less than the total revenue.

Prize money, including Uefa solidarity payments, dropped from £750,000 to £160,000.

The club has liabilities of £80,000 owed to five fans but, as announced last month, Motherwell no longer owe money to former owners John Boyle and Les Hutchison.

This season Stephen Robinson's side have regularly been in the Premiership's top four as the season's midway point approaches.

 

Does this mean their wages are 87% of total revenue? Mental. Hurry up and die.

 

ayrshireranger likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Motherwell have announced a £436,000 loss for the year to May 2019, having made a £1.7m profit in the previous accounting period.

The Fir Park club finished eighth in last season's Scottish Premiership - one place lower than in 2017-18, when the club also reached both cup finals.

Gate receipts were down almost a half to £1.6m and broadcasting rights fell around 25% to £1.4m.

Revenue of £4.6m included £781,000 of transfer income.

Player sales were largely made up of the first instalment of the sale of Cedric Kipre, who joined Wigan in August 2018.

Staff costs rose by around £50,000 to almost £4m - just £600,000 less than the total revenue.

Prize money, including Uefa solidarity payments, dropped from £750,000 to £160,000.

The club has liabilities of £80,000 owed to five fans but, as announced last month, Motherwell no longer owe money to former owners John Boyle and Les Hutchison.

This season Stephen Robinson's side have regularly been in the Premiership's top four as the season's midway point approaches.

 

Does this mean their wages are 87% of total revenue? Mental. Hurry up and die.

 

if you take off the £781.000 of transfer income their staff costs are higher than their income  mental stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kilmarnock have some pretty mental beliefs about how big a club they are...

They’ve literally done nothing in history of note barring the odd cup success, have a stadium they can’t even fill 25% of & had 2 good seasons under Clarke.

(I lived in Ayrshire for 10 years and nobody there gives a shit about them either, it’s either Rangers or juniors)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit surprised at that tbh - that result against the Welsh mob aside, they are sitting 5th whilst in a period of transition, not doing badly, and their recent downturn in fortunes was really cause their defenders were injured.

 

wully likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Motherwell have announced a £436,000 loss for the year to May 2019, having made a £1.7m profit in the previous accounting period.

The Fir Park club finished eighth in last season's Scottish Premiership - one place lower than in 2017-18, when the club also reached both cup finals.

Gate receipts were down almost a half to £1.6m and broadcasting rights fell around 25% to £1.4m.

Revenue of £4.6m included £781,000 of transfer income.

Player sales were largely made up of the first instalment of the sale of Cedric Kipre, who joined Wigan in August 2018.

Staff costs rose by around £50,000 to almost £4m - just £600,000 less than the total revenue.

Prize money, including Uefa solidarity payments, dropped from £750,000 to £160,000.

The club has liabilities of £80,000 owed to five fans but, as announced last month, Motherwell no longer owe money to former owners John Boyle and Les Hutchison.

This season Stephen Robinson's side have regularly been in the Premiership's top four as the season's midway point approaches.

 

Does this mean their wages are 87% of total revenue? Mental. Hurry up and die.

 

Probably expected Turnbull to go in the Summer (which he would have had it not been for his injury) to offset that and plug the gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...