Scottish Football

Watched that Dundee United v Motherwell final rerun from 1991. Forgot quite how great a game it was. Much better brand of football than you get now. Much more exciting. Good quality too.

Union Jacks and Red Hands and the Motherwell end. Changed days. 😂

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Watched that Dundee United v Motherwell final rerun from 1991. Forgot quite how great a game it was. Much better brand of football than you get now. Much more exciting. Good quality too.

Were there another 5 games on m8, I saw it mentioned in a group chat earlier but couldn't understand what they were on about in truth 😂😂

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Were there another 5 games on m8, I saw it mentioned in a group chat earlier but couldn't understand what they were on about in truth 😂😂

Nah, just that game man. On Friday they ( that new BBC Scottish channel) had Hibs v Hearts from 2012 and they're going to gave other old games in coming days yet unannounced.

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

Watched it myself and thought the very same, noticed the large Union Jack in the Motherwell end, pre SNP and certain MSM campaign alienating association with the union flag.
One other thing that really stood out was the linesmen calling decisions there and then as they saw them, as opposed to the delay and coms check from the referee before they dare to raise a flag now...

17 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Just read there that steve Clarke and some heroic souls at the SFA/SPFL have taken a 10% wage cut, leaving the admin staff etc to be furloughed. Token gesture from the jakey. 

Petrie and Mulraney have taken 20% pay cuts. 

Better than fuckall didnt have to give anything tbf 

2 minutes ago, Steelydan1690 said:

Better than fuckall didnt have to give anything tbf 

Maybe just me, but I think when the normal staff members (admin, cleaners etc) are being told they are dropping 20%, you would think the rest would follow suit. I would assume he is on a wage that 20% would probably help.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Maybe just me, but I think when the normal staff members (admin, cleaners etc) are being told they are dropping 20%, you would think the rest would follow suit. I would assume he is on a wage that 20% would probably help.

I can’t stand Jakey Clarke and the sfa and having not read this story, Only just seeing what is being posted on here tbf but I’m wondering if them taking their pay cuts is in order to top up the furloughed workers wages by 20%, Have to admit it would be a good gesture if it was, wait and see I suppose.

18 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

I can’t stand Jakey Clarke and the sfa and having not read this story, Only just seeing what is being posted on here tbf but I’m wondering if them taking their pay cuts is in order to top up the furloughed workers wages by 20%, Have to admit it would be a good gesture if it was, wait and see I suppose.

That would be a great gesture if that is the case. BBC article, just mentions about the pay cuts and furloughs but as you say, different story entirely if they are donating their wage to top up the wages of those who may miss it more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/03/2020 at 21:47, Inigo said:

That's the thing about these diddy clubs, they've actually changed their ethos because of a jealousy/hatred of Rangers. We are all consuming. 

• 4 weeks later...