MON and his fellow bigots

Aye, they're slimy cunts.

We bring them through the various international youth ranks, then they approach them if they think they're Catholic. As mentioned, that's what happened with Paddy McNair because of his name, but big Paddy's a Billy, not a taig :lol: Must've surprised them.

Though as David Healy said about it a few years ago, it's the players as well, don't disrespect the jersey, we put the work and investment into them, and they fuck off, cunts.

But, if it's for sectarian reasons, such as McClean, then i'm happy they can get to fuck!

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Aye, they're slimy cunts.

We bring them through the various international youth ranks, then they approach them if they think they're Catholic. As mentioned, that's what happened with Paddy McNair because of his name, but big Paddy's a Billy, not a taig :lol: Must've surprised them.

Though as David Healy said about it a few years ago, it's the players as well, don't disrespect the jersey, we put the work and investment into them, and they fuck off, cunts.

But, if it's for sectarian reasons, such as McClean, then i'm happy they can get to fuck!

Yeah, people like that cunt McCLean you won't miss, others you do. It is crap Tbh. 

It's contentious, because on the one hand I have no problem with players from the nationalist/catholic community wanting to play for the Republic. 

Yet, it's awful when a young player has played in every age group up to the u21s and gets poached, particularly if they're good players but irrespective.

Not sure of the solution, maybe that the choice needs to be made at a younger age although I can't see that being allowed the happen.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Article has been deleted. Any other sources?

Dunno mate, but I still had it open as a tab.

So in case anyone hasn't seen it...

Michael O’Neill has rebuked the FAI for what he believes are ‘sectarian’ tactics regarding their pursuit of Northern Ireland-born players.

The first Ulster-born Catholic to manage Northern Ireland, O’Neill has labelled the FAI’s sourcing of Northern players as ‘weasel-like’ and claims defender Paddy McNair was only considered because of his name.

‘The FAI ever only approach one type of player: Catholic. You could argue that’s sectarian in terms of your recruitment, couldn’t you?’ suggested O’Neill.

‘They (FAI) thought Paddy must be a Catholic and when they found out he was a Protestant, they stayed away from it,’ said O’Neill.

The five players born in the North capped for the Republic of Ireland at senior level by Martin O’Neill are all Catholic: James McClean, Shane Duffy, Darron Gibson, Marc Wilson and Eunan O’Kane.

While there is speculation another Catholic, QPR striker Paul Smyth, a Belfast-born GAA fan, may be tempted to switch ranks under the contentious FIFA rule which allows a player born anywhere on the island to declare for the Republic.

‘You can’t assume just because a player from the North watches GAA that he wants to play for the Republic of Ireland. I liked the GAA, so did Jim Magilton, and Martin O’Neill,’ said O’Neill. ‘There was a recent article about Paul Smyth, which could easily have been written a few years ago about Stuart Dallas, when he was breaking into Brentford team.

‘But Stuart wasn’t mentioned. Why? Because he’s Protestant. That’s what annoys us the most.

‘I don’t have a huge fear of Paul going anywhere. We brought him with us to the Euros for the experience,’ added O’Neill who intends to elevate the U21 international into the senior ranks on the North’s end of season tour to Panama and Costa Rica.

O’Neill questioned the FAI’s ‘unscrupulous’ means of sourcing players with a direct bloodline to Northern Ireland.

‘There is no consultation, the Republic just go and weasel away and take the player,’ he said.

‘Daniel Devine of Partick Thistle is a West Belfast boy and would have gone to Euros (2016) with us. Only he can’t play for Northern Ireland as he’s signed an international transfer.’

‘They (FAI) don’t really care about the player, just care about taking him.

‘They’ve taken Northern Ireland players and not played them, Daniel was one, Rory Hale another. Rory Brown, a goalkeeper is the most recent.

‘I can list you 10 players who’ve made that decision and have never represented the Republic.

‘Why take them? What is point of asking a player to change his allegiance, to make a decision about his whole international future, and then not pick him?’

Shortly after his appointment as manager in January 2012, O’Neill spoke to McClean about playing for the North – he also tried to speak to Wilson who chose not to meet him.

‘I don’t have a problem with James McClean. He was 22 years of age, he knew what he wanted. I have a problem when it’s a 16, 17 or 18-year-old.’

To help prevent further seepage from Northern Ireland ranks, O’Neill will seek a ceasefire with his Republic of Ireland counterpart, a former captain of the North.

‘I hope to sit down with Martin and get some sort of gentleman’s agreement whereby if a young boy has represented Northern Ireland at aged 17 to 21, the FAI don’t ask him to change,’ said O’Neill.

‘Unless he’s the age of a senior international, or if he’s an exceptional player…and we’re not getting too many exceptional players.’

If a young Northern Ireland player explodes on the scene and ‘turns out to be a superstar’, O’Neill points out that ‘the FAI can get him before I cap him, they just have to stay on top of it.’

On 04/03/2018 at 15:11, Siam69 said:

but big Paddy's a Billy, not a taig :lol: Must've surprised them.

Surprised me aswell tbf.

See this ruling, does it work both ways? Can players born south of the border play for Northern Ireland?

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Surprised me aswell tbf.

See this ruling, does it work both ways? Can players born south of the border play for Northern Ireland?

If they have a parent/grandparent who was from Northern Ireland. Like Sean Goss, Michael has been speaking to him to try and get him to play for us -

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/Rangers-star-sean-goss-considering-northern-ireland-switch-after-talks-with-michael-oneill-36671126.html

Though essentially what he's talking about is because of the Good Friday Agreement, where anyone born in Northern Ireland can have an Irish or UK Passport, or both if they want, so since then the South have been trying to poach our players. Well, the catholic ones, that's why he's insinuating sectarianism.

Makes me think it the like of Pat Jennings etc would have played for us if had the option of them. For sure Martin O'Neill would have opted for them.

21 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

If they have a parent/grandparent who was from Northern Ireland. Like Sean Goss, Michael has been speaking to him to try and get him to play for us -

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/Rangers-star-sean-goss-considering-northern-ireland-switch-after-talks-with-michael-oneill-36671126.html

Though essentially what he's talking about is because of the Good Friday Agreement, where anyone born in Northern Ireland can have an Irish or UK Passport, or both if they want, so since then the South have been trying to poach our players. Well, the catholic ones, that's why he's insinuating sectarianism.

Makes me think it the like of Pat Jennings etc would have played for us if had the option of them. For sure Martin O'Neill would have opted for them.

It's an interesting subject but it comes as no surprise as the decision seems weighted in the favour of the Republic.

It would be a bit shite if your family came from one of the 3 counties sold off and classed yourself as British (not sure the numbers involved would be substantial but it's a situation that could arise)and you were denied access to playing for Northern Ireland.

It should be a level playing field for both countries.

That's just my take as an outsider with a keen interest, feel free to rip it to shreds:lol:

On 6 March 2018 at 10:01, plumbGER said:

Surprised me aswell tbf.

Aye south can be Nord Iron. Nobody has a gun to the cunts head, if they want to declare to wherever the fuck then it's on them.