***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

8 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I’d start Cummings as well but with Morelos in the team. I like moult but he’s not as good as Morelos and never will be either. What makes you think Morelos has gon off the boil? Surely 1 off day doesn’t mean the player has went off the boil. Morelos is 21 and has came to us via Finland looking to get to 1 of the very top leagues in the world and doesn’t speak English and is in a different culture, country etc. Imo that says a hell of a lot for the boy and that’s what I would say to anyone who says anything negative about him, you leave everyone behind and go to Columbia and learn a new language a new culture and try and keep your career on track. Morelos has the heart of a lion and will come through any trials that life can throw at him he has shown loads of bottle to upsticks and chase his dream. I hope he batters them on Sunday 

Add to that he has played almost a year of non stop football with no break in seasons and it's actually quite impressive what he's doing for us.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see us go with 4-4-2 with Morelos and Cummings. It’s a massive risk, but we have to win all our games to have a chance of winning this league. Might as well go down kicking and screaming. Any result other than a win on Sunday and it’s 2nd place for us. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

i called morelos every name under the sun on sunday

got to the point when he was clean through near the end to get my bet up I said out loud, hes not scoring. 

Not his finest display, hopefully just an off day. He bounced back from that sitter he missed a couple of weeks back, in less than a minute. I think he’s strong enough upstairs to merit his starting place on Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, Craigyboy9 said:

Would like to see us go with 4-4-2 with Morelos and Cummings. It’s a massive risk, but we have to win all our games to have a chance of winning this league. Might as well go down kicking and screaming. Any result other than a win on Sunday and it’s 2nd place for us. 

Aye, if we want to get beat about 5-0. 

Playing 4-2-3-1 is just as attacking as 4-4-2, if not more, but should stop them steamrolling us in midfield 

4-4-2 is deed, unless you’re Diego Simeone.

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Aye, if we want to get beat about 5-0. 

Playing 4-2-3-1 is just as attacking as 4-4-2, if not more, but should stop them steamrolling us in midfield 

4-4-2 is deed, unless you’re Diego Simeone.

Just call me Pablo!  

Thats why I said it’s a massive risk. Imagine we got at them right from the first whistle and get a goal early doors, they’ll fold like a deck of cards. 

Just now, Craigyboy9 said:

Just call me Pablo!  

Thats why I said it’s a massive risk. Imagine we got at them right from the first whistle and get a goal early doors, they’ll fold like a deck of cards. 

We can do that without gifting them the midfield battle.

1 minute ago, Craigyboy9 said:

So what we saying? 

Morelos with Windass, Candeias and possibly Murphy (if fit) in behind.

100%, the exact same team that started against Hearts would how I’d line up assuming John makes it. I think that team gives us a very decent chance of winning

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Cummings can't play up front on his own as good as Morelos. 

I think back to those chances at the piggery, the chances on Sunday, etc. 

In a game where we are going to have to take our chances I’d go with Cummings. 

Morelos seems to let his head go down when he misses chances aswell.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

100%, the exact same team that started against Hearts would how I’d line up assuming John makes it. I think that team gives us a very decent chance of winning

Give Cummings his start if Murphy doesn’t make it? I’ve got a feeling Cummings is going to be like Lovenkrands against them. 

4 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

I think back to those chances at the piggery, the chances on Sunday, etc. 

In a game where we are going to have to take our chances I’d go with Cummings. 

Morelos seems to let his head go down when he misses chances aswell.

We're more likely to create better chances with Morelos in the side though. 

His hold up play by coming short and playing someone else in is second to none in Scotland. 

43 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Add to that he has played almost a year of non stop football with no break in seasons and it's actually quite impressive what he's doing for us.

You better believe it your 100% correct there. I want him to burst the net against they stinking bastards and let them have it and if he does then I hope he goads their players and the gangrene brigade as well. 

Id go with Cummings over Morelos. 

HIs hold up play is actually good, seems to have better pace and there is no question he is much better finisher. 

Morelos for me misses far too many chances(not just at the weekend) and against them we need to be taking them or well get punished.  I can still see those misses in the last OF game...

1 minute ago, callumbo87 said:

Id go with Cummings over Morelos. 

HIs hold up play is actually good, seems to have better pace and there is no question he is much better finisher. 

Morelos for me misses far too many chances(not just at the weekend) and against them we need to be taking them or well get punished.  I can still see those misses in the last OF game...

Debatable. 

1 hour ago, KingKennyMiller said:

What's to deny?

That's one of several reasons as to why he turned us down.

Do u mind If i ask how u know for certain that he had several reasons to turn us down? Do u know him personally or are u a relation? I often wonder when people say things like this as if it’s came straight from the person or if they are passing media reports off as gospel.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Debatable. 

Everything is debatable, but what is not is Cummings is on top form having just scored a hat-trick while Morelos missed umpteen golden chances against Falkirk and bar the cute header against St Johnstone for me has been rash and poor in front of goal. As far back as the start of the season he's always needed 3 or 4 opportunities before he takes 1.

Archived