***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Know doubts . It is a painful one

We should have won today .We had the chances to take it out of their hands

I think we will be in with a shout semi final and that is the most important one . This season realistically

My biggest fear for the semi is Murty and whether he has the ability to react to what is happening on the park and make important changes at the right time.i haven’t seen him doing that yet.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jim beam said:

My biggest fear for the semi is Murty and whether he has the ability to react to what is happening on the park and make important changes at the right time.i haven’t seen him doing that yet.

Couldn't agree more mate

2 minutes ago, jim beam said:

The semi final may be his last chance

51 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We had a bench with a goalscorer and midfielder yet didn't make a change till 75 minutes. 

Our manager fucked it 

Aye. We fucked it. That mutant swapping an attacking MF for another wasn't a tactical masterclass.

47 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Goss and Windass not being hooked despite it being discussed by the full forum changes were needed isn’t being outspent. 

He’s a tactical retard who uses subs in the last 15 minutes for the sake of it instead of fitting his subs and tactics around the game while it’s floating by him.

:lol:

Millions worth of talent on their bench to choose from compared to ours. Swapping one of those players with one of the ones on the park is hardly outthinking some cunt is it?

Fucken laughable trying to conflate Murty's inaction with their managers tactical nouse.

We need a better goalie Wes for me is positionally rank rotten. 

The first goal was more to the middle than the corner he should be doing much better.

Second one well ffs talk about making it easy for the forward.

And the third he's miles off his line and gets beat so easy.

Building from the back starts with the keeper and for me he's not got the required quality for a Rangers goalkeeper. 

38 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

the occasion just seems too big for some.  When they went down to 10 men, we looked as if we shat it because suddenly the onus was on us.

It was as if we didn't have the know how to break them down, a few free kicks that we done nothing with and obviously two chances that Morelos missed, think at the end with that miss he looked a broken man, got to regroup and hopefully get a result in the Semi against them. 

1 minute ago, orange&blue92 said:

Agreed, still think with 30 mins to go we should go 442, ask them questions

Dont disagree at all with that. I disagree with the sentiment that him subbing on a PSG player for a tired player was outthinking Murty. Its hardly a tactical masterstroke to go "here, am gonny bring on another good player". Their shape didn't change, they didn't get a foothold in the game. He never did anything tactical that 90% of Scottish teams do at Ibrox. Using this logic half the SPFL managers are tactical legends.

5 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

:lol:

Millions worth of talent on their bench to choose from compared to ours. Swapping one of those players with one of the ones on the park is hardly outthinking some cunt is it?

Fucken laughable trying to conflate Murty's inaction with their managers tactical nouse.

They never brought on millions worth of talent, Roberts, Sinclair, Griffiths and all the other cunts who didn’t feature, Edouard is gash regardless of today and I sincerely hope they splash the 7m on him and force Griffiths our for our benefit only, Hendry is a bomb scare as well.

It was smart tactics from Rodgers but Murty is gormless, we both could’ve changed the team after the sending off and explained why that was the best course of action, as could the full forum.

18 minutes ago, Rupret said:

I'm against replacing managers willly nilly, but I agree, it's time to look at Stevie Clarke.

We lost tactically today, hard to swallow that.

I’m not sure we did lose tactically. Tactics were spot on for 30 minutes, then we just forgot how to play. One of the most inexplicable defeats I can remember, because it certainly wasn’t down to them being particularly good. Utterly self-inflicted, and it has to come down to mentality.

3 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

We need a better goalie Wes for me is positionally rank rotten. 

The first goal was more to the middle than the corner he should be doing much better.

Second one well ffs talk about making it easy for the forward.

And the third he's miles off his line and gets beat so easy.

Building from the back starts with the keeper and for me he's not got the required quality for a Rangers goalkeeper. 

100% agree. Fod is a decent keeper, however a bit short of being a Rangers keeper. 

3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I’m not sure we did lose tactically. Tactics were spot on for 30 minutes, then we just forgot how to play. One of the most inexplicable defeats I can remember, because it certainly wasn’t down to them being particularly good. Utterly self-inflicted, and it has to come down to mentality.

Hmmm possibly, but surely we all saw when they were down to ten, Windass for Cummings, Holt for Goss, No?

6 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

They never brought on millions worth of talent, Roberts, Sinclair, Griffiths and all the other cunts who didn’t feature, Edouard is gash regardless of today and I sincerely hope they splash the 7m on him and force Griffiths our for our benefit only, Hendry is a bomb scare as well.

It was smart tactics from Rodgers but Murty is gormless, we both could’ve changed the team after the sending off and explained why that was the best course of action, as could the full forum.

I never said brought them all on. I said he's looked at the bench and went "oh which of these right good players will I swap for one of the right good players already on the park, eeny meeny miny mo".

There was nothing tactical about it. Neither their shape or tactics changed. Its not a tactical switch if the tactics don't actually. Fucking. Switch. For fuck sake I don't know how much more clear I can make it.

And btw he never changed the tactics because Murty never made any changes that meant he had to. Murty should have taken a gamble, I'm not defending him, I'm saying he wasn't out thought.

9 minutes ago, Rupret said:

Hmmm possibly, but surely we all saw when they were down to ten, Windass for Cummings, Holt for Goss, No?

Yeah I’d have hooked Goss at halftime tbh, the game was totally passing him by. And Windass, Morelos or Murphy could all have been replaced by Cummings from 60 mind onward.

But in terms of the players on the pitch, they clearly weren’t doing what they were supposed to be doing, more so after the sending off for some bizarre reason. The last 30 mins they looked absolutely clueless. As Murty said himself, the one time we actually try to work the ball in to the box we get w golden opportunity, by which point it was too late. I found the whole thing baffling and infuriating.

17 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

I never said brought them all on. I said he's looked at the bench and went "oh which of these right good players will I swap for one of the right good players already on the park, eeny meeny miny mo".

There was nothing tactical about it. Neither their shape or tactics changed. Its not a tactical switch if the tactics don't actually. Fucking. Switch. For fuck sake I don't know how much more clear I can make it.

And btw he never changed the tactics because Murty never made any changes that meant he had to. Murty should have taken a gamble, I'm not defending him, I'm saying he wasn't out thought.

He did change the tactics by bringing Hendry on and then Edouard.

he’s tweaked his system due to the card, there’s people above talking about exactly that, Murty was out thought because he didn’t do what Rodgers did, which is why we don’t have 3 points.

Had some hope for Murty because of his showings in big games but he’s lost any hope of getting the job after that, deer in headlights.

Just deflated to be honest. Could go into every bit of the game but just can't be arsed.  I just thought all 3 goals were preventable and when you're a man up losing effectively 1-0 post red card is unacceptable. 

Today we had to win to give us a boost going into the semi final (bit like the LC game in 2004) and put some pressure on them and we blew it massively. It'll be interesting to see the reaction next week against Kilmarnock.

Archived