***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Iron Proddy said:

Thought skys coverage again was absolutely shocking.

Walker and crocker need sacking. 

How could they possibly make out that elbow wasn't a straight red ffs and you could hear the joy in their voices when the Tarriers scored their third,bassas :bangbang:

17 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Just deflated to be honest. Could go into every bit of the game but just can't be arsed.  I just thought all 3 goals were preventable and when you're a man up losing effectively 1-0 post red card is unacceptable. 

Today we had to win to give us a boost going into the semi final (bit like the LC game in 2004) and put some pressure on them and we blew it massively. It'll be interesting to see the reaction next week against Kilmarnock.

We'll win. Morelos will score, and we'll start believing we have a chance of beating them at Hampden.

Repeat and rinse.

40 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

We need a better goalie Wes for me is positionally rank rotten. 

The first goal was more to the middle than the corner he should be doing much better.

Second one well ffs talk about making it easy for the forward.

And the third he's miles off his line and gets beat so easy.

Building from the back starts with the keeper and for me he's not got the required quality for a Rangers goalkeeper. 

Don't think the keeper was to blame for any of the goals tbh,Rojic ran thru the MF and not a glove was laid on him and his shot was well towards the corner. 2nd goal,MF missing again and the defender too slow, their 3rd our defence showed him inside instead of getting on his right and pushing him wide.Fod pulled off a couple of very good saves in the 1st half. We had the chances up front and didn't take them,simples.

I agree we need to rebuild the CB positions but Fod is doing well atm,imo

1 hour ago, The Monk said:

Before I go back to contemplating suicide again I did think Murphy and Candeias were excellent today.

Expected a lot more from Murphy, especially when they were down to 10.

Seemed like he wasn’t clear in his own mind what he wanted to do & gave it away or smacked it wide far too often.

We need to drop this 4231. Against better sides its too much for the mid 2. Get windass dropped and lets play dorrans/holt/docherty. Win the battle and then push up from there. Once mccrorie is fit get him in for holt. If murty keeps with this windass behind the striker we'll go nowhere in these big games. Winning the middle is vital.

22 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

How could they possibly make out that elbow wasn't a straight red ffs and you could hear the joy in their voices when the Tarriers scored their third,bassas :bangbang:

As unprofessional as I have ever heard from Sky Sports Crocker was the worst both should be nowhere near games that they cannot be impartial on.

Murty matched him for tactics until the red card, as soon as that happened you seen the difference in managers. Aye they had to switch things but they sorted everything x10 quicker than we would have, they brung on a striker for an attacking midfielder and apart from 1 or 2 chances they just let us have the infront of them and weren't overly stretched (for having 10 men)

Murty stood and watched as we slowed everything down and ran out of ideas, done nothing to change it until it was far too late. Really like the guy, not scared to call a spade a spade and he's a fantastic man manager by the looks of it but tactically, he's nowhere near the level of a Rangers manager & it'll be years before he is.

Gutted doesn’t begin to cover it!

Murty suggesting the red card was a bad thing for us is a riddy! We are just not good enough at the moment and I’m dreading Hampden.

i fooled myself into believing we are able to compete with them but today proved we are nowhere near competing with them over the course of a season!

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Murty matched him for tactics until the red card, as soon as that happened you seen the difference in managers. Aye they had to switch things but they sorted everything x10 quicker than we would have, they brung on a striker for an attacking midfielder and apart from 1 or 2 chances they just let us have the infront of them and weren't overly stretched (for having 10 men)

Murty stood and watched as we slowed everything down and ran out of ideas, done nothing to change it until it was far too late. Really like the guy, not scared to call a spade a spade and he's a fantastic man manager by the looks of it but tactically, he's nowhere near the level of a Rangers manager & it'll be years before he is.

He would have been an ideal number 2 to someone. But that window is gone.

3 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

Gutted doesn’t begin to cover it!

Murty suggesting the red card was a bad thing for us is a riddy! We are just not good enough at the moment and I’m dreading Hampden.

i fooled myself into believing we are able to compete with them but today proved we are nowhere near competing with them over the course of a season!

Tell me he didn't say that?

1 minute ago, Rusty117 said:

He would have been an ideal number 2 to someone. But that window is gone.

Don't think it's gone yet, spend the money and get an experienced guy in with Murty as #2 for next season, the experience this season will have done him no harm.

If Morelos had netted his 2 then everyone would be happy. If anyone thought our team were set up badly or played shite in the first half - APART FROM WHEN OUR CENTRAL DEFENCE WAS WEAKENED AFTER BATES GOT INJURED - they should stop claiming to know anything about football.

We has 3 main weaknesses after the Bates injury.

1. Central defence (which was at its weakest..we should shed Cardoso and Alves asap). 

2. Morelos is in the middle of a bad patch. Every striker that’s lived has had them - it doesn’t stop them being a decent striker..only lack of confidence does that. Blaming Morelos or the manager for selecting one of the best SPL goal scorers is total bollocks.

3. Our team panicked under pressure of the occasion after unexpectedly going a goal down - panicked in the some key situations etc.

I’m as emotional at the result as anyone but only because this game was within our grasp..frustrating as fuck. BUT.. if we’d netted those 2 we would have celebrated the Murty revolution big time. And I for one  respect the style of offensive, highly connected football he is attempting to develop. He stated before the game “we’re not there yet!”..and maybe we aren’t .. but the fact many of us have higher expectations means he’s surely part of a longer term solution, not the problem?

Surely the real problem has been the lack of managerial, team and financial stability in the last 5 years? For me this young team have showed that they can provide the foundation of a new style, forward- looking Rangers team, that are not just a bunch of disparate and highly paid mercenaries. We’ve seen that this model isn’t affordable long term in the SPL. 

Shouting for change when there is no clear better alternative is bollocks and reeks of the knee-jerk desperation this club has suffered from too much in recent years and needs to rid itself of.

So time to suck it back up and support our club and manager - and trust that they will recognise and address the 3 weaknesses above - the 2nd (Morelos) will need encouragement, not slagging, to get the usual goals flowing again. He was obviously desolate at both misses but worked his ass of as usual all game.

We have come a long way in a short time.. we aren’t too far and we must build on the style of play seen in the first half - and the obvious teamwork seen in most areas of the park..apart from the middle of our defence post Bates. Given the situation I reckon McCrorie could help us out in our hour of need here.

But let’s not throw the developing, possibly beautiful looking, baby out with the bath water!

WATP! 

Just now, ara said:

If Morelos had netted his 2 then everyone would be happy. If anyone thought our team were set up badly or played shite in the first half - APART FROM WHEN OUR CENTRAL DEFENCE WAS WEAKENED AFTER BATES GOT INJURED - they should stop claiming to know anything about football.

We has 3 main weaknesses after the Bates injury.

1. Central defence (which was at its weakest..we should shed Cardoso and Alves asap). 

2. Morelos is in the middle of a bad patch. Every striker that’s lived has had them - it doesn’t stop them being a decent striker..only lack of confidence does that. Blaming Morelos or the manager for selecting one of the best SPL goal scorers is total bollocks.

3. Our team panicked under pressure of the occasion after unexpectedly going a goal down - panicked in the some key situations etc.

I’m as emotional at the result as anyone but only because this game was within our grasp..frustrating as fuck. BUT.. if we’d netted those 2 we would have celebrated the Murty revolution big time. And I for one  respect the style of offensive, highly connected football he is attempting to develop. He stated before the game “we’re not there yet!”..and maybe we aren’t .. but the fact many of us have higher expectations means he’s surely part of a longer term solution, not the problem?

Surely the real problem has been the lack of managerial, team and financial stability in the last 5 years? For me this young team have showed that they can provide the foundation of a new style, forward- looking Rangers team, that are not just a bunch of disparate and highly paid mercenaries. We’ve seen that this model isn’t affordable long term in the SPL. 

Shouting for change when there is no clear better alternative is bollocks and reeks of the knee-jerk desperation this club has suffered from too much in recent years and needs to rid itself of.

So time to suck it back up and support our club and manager - and trust that they will recognise and address the 3 weaknesses above - the 2nd (Morelos) will need encouragement, not slagging, to get the usual goals flowing again. He was obviously desolate at both misses but worked his ass of as usual all game.

We have come a long way in a short time.. we aren’t too far and we must build on the style of play seen in the first half - and the obvious teamwork seen in most areas of the park..apart from the middle of our defence post Bates. Given the situation I reckon McCrorie could help us out in our hour of need here.

But let’s not throw the developing, possibly beautiful looking, baby out with the bath water!

WATP! 

You will probably get it tight for that post

However its pretty much true 

6 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Didn't hear it but I agree with it. We are fucking shite at breaking teams down. Tippy tappy sideways shit, clueless. Thats why we're shit at home, teams sitting deep knowing we cant break them down. The 2 curlers they scored, Goss has that ability. we were in that poition abot 10 times today. Rather than fucking try it he plays it wide for somecunt to hit the first man or sky it over the bar. 

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

Fucks sake..:confused:. Still can't believe how shite we played in the last 20mins. 

Winning the semi final is HUGE..Make it happen.

We've no chance of winning the semi final. We are shite and Murty is clueless.

15 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

He referred to it as a pivotal moment after starting the second half quite well.  He then talks about how we stopped doing the basics after the red card.

Archived