***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

if John and murphy are fit then I think will be the team - unless martin is fit then he may be in for Alves

Rangers starting 11 teamsheet template.gif

Yup - I'd agree with that mate! :thumbsup:

I doubt anyone will agree with me but middle to front I'd start like this 

Docherty    Goss

Candeias      Holt       Windass

Morelos 

Holt starting to press high and then Murphy coming on for him when the game opens up. If celtics cm and cb's are pressed high and hard they will make mistakes. Holt is the man for that job with his energy. On 60 mins get Murphy and Cummings on. 

It’ll be a tough game, make no mistake about it- they’ll be doing all they can to win the game.  I can remember a Walter Smith interview on a dvd.  He was talking about the game we won 1-0 at their refurbished piggery under their new board and team,  and I’d say it’s a similar role reversal given we look like a whole different side from the last 2 years.

we must finish our chances- do that and we’ll get the 3 points no problem.

i hate these games sometimes,  gone from supremely confident to nervous and wary.  We have to win-  there’s plenty of reasons why we can win but our recent form vs them is worse than ever.

just do it Rangers

36 minutes ago, gsa said:

I doubt anyone will agree with me but middle to front I'd start like this 

Docherty    Goss

Candeias      Holt       Windass

Morelos 

Holt starting to press high and then Murphy coming on for him when the game opens up. If celtics cm and cb's are pressed high and hard they will make mistakes. Holt is the man for that job with his energy. On 60 mins get Murphy and Cummings on. 

Why wouldn’t you start Murphy? He’s been excellent in recent games. 

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

if John and murphy are fit then I think will be the team - unless martin is fit then he may be in for Alves

Rangers starting 11 teamsheet template.gif

Id go for that . Just got to hope our left side of DJ and Murphy are fit . 

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Why wouldn’t you start Murphy? He’s been excellent in recent games. 

Assuming he is fit then Murphy is a must to start. But of quality, a good out ball if we are pinned in at points. Holt may have had a few decent games earlier on, but he isn't a player I want starting regularly in games such as these.

43 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

It’ll be a tough game, make no mistake about it- they’ll be doing all they can to win the game.  I can remember a Walter Smith interview on a dvd.  He was talking about the game we won 1-0 at their refurbished piggery under their new board and team,  and I’d say it’s a similar role reversal given we look like a whole different side from the last 2 years.

we must finish our chances- do that and we’ll get the 3 points no problem.

i hate these games sometimes,  gone from supremely confident to nervous and wary.  We have to win-  there’s plenty of reasons why we can win but our recent form vs them is worse than ever.

just do it Rangers

Exactly ... we have waited 6 years for this day and after where we have been the last thing we should be in nervous 

26 minutes ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

Holt may have had a few decent games earlier on during his Rangers career, but he isn't a player I want starting in games such as these anymore.

Fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, Amokachi said:

Keeping our heads, 100% concentration, nice football and no end of controlled aggression & we’ll be fine.  

Frustrate & cancel out Dembele is a must imo. 

This is the key. Constant, in their faces aggression. Get that right and the rest will follow.

Archived