***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

9 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

Id go with Cummings over Morelos. 

HIs hold up play is actually good, seems to have better pace and there is no question he is much better finisher. 

Morelos for me misses far too many chances(not just at the weekend) and against them we need to be taking them or well get punished.  I can still see those misses in the last OF game...

The tarriers will be doing cartwheels if Morelos doesn't play,Cummings is a good finisher but Morelos is a nightmare to play against and also top scorer in the league.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

The tarriers will be doing cartwheels if Morelos doesn't play,Cummings is a good finisher but Morelos is a nightmare to play against and also top scorer in the league.

I agree, but I just worry his lack of prowess in front of goal is going to cost us...again!

5 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

Everything is debatable, but what is not is Cummings is on top form having just scored a hat-trick while Morelos missed umpteen golden chances against Falkirk and bar the cute header against St Johnstone for me has been rash and poor in front of goal. As far back as the start of the season he's always needed 3 or 4 opportunities before he takes 1.

Aye he’s rash and poor in front of goal, that’s how he’s top scorer in the league.

5 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

Everything is debatable, but what is not is Cummings is on top form having just scored a hat-trick while Morelos missed umpteen golden chances against Falkirk and bar the cute header against St Johnstone for me has been rash and poor in front of goal. As far back as the start of the season he's always needed 3 or 4 opportunities before he takes 1.

Can't disagree that Cummings isn't relatively on form at the minute, but I just feel this game has came too soon for him. 

Would be hugely surprised if he starts. 

7 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Aye he’s rash and poor in front of goal, that’s how he’s top scorer in the league.

6 minutes ago, Siwel said:

:lol: imagine if we didn’t have him where we’d be

Im not disputing he's dug us out of a hole in certain games and his hold up play is superb but at the same time for me he misses far too many chances and against them we need to be clinical especially with so much riding on it. I honestly think Cummings would have taken 1 of those 2 gilt edged chances he missed at the piggery! 

5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Morelos doesn't score in one game and he's suddenly shite :lol:

Place is a fucking madhouse sometimes.

Morelos went two months without scoring....... and all this hold up play is blown out of proportion. He starts for me on Sunday because he is strong and fast and I think he can cause their centre halfs problems. He is not shite but not as good as he thinks he is ( EPL bound ) or what people on here make him out to be. We all want him to score on Sunday, me included.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Morelos went two months without scoring....... and all this hold up play is blown out of proportion. He starts for me on Sunday because he is strong and fast and I think he can cause their centre halfs problems. He is not shite but not as good as he thinks he is ( EPL bound ) or what people on here make him out to be. We all want him to score on Sunday, me included.

Explain. 

Some amount of absolute shite being spouted on here about Morelos.  Has he missed some absolute howlers recently, of course, and only an idiot would deny that fact.  Oh McCoist and Boyd had similar howlers during their Rangers careers.

What I totally disagree with is folks who underestimate his overall contribution to the team.   He constantly backtracks making himself available, he drags central defenders all over the shop and must be a nightmare to play against and like any good poacher attacks the goal in anticipation of getting there before the ball.

So howlers missed: yes, bad performances: NO way.   Anyone wanting him dropped vs the buggerers of boys, needs to consult their mental health professional.

I'd go 4-4-2 with Morelos and Cummings leading the line, 3 in midfield will not be enough against the fenian scum. 

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Some amount of absolute shite being spouted on here about Morelos.  Has he missed some absolute howlers recently, of course, and only an idiot would deny that fact.  Oh McCoist and Boyd had similar howlers during their Rangers careers.

What I totally disagree with is folks who underestimate his overall contribution to the team.   He constantly backtracks making himself available, he drags central defenders all over the shop and must be a nightmare to play against and like any good poacher attacks the goal in anticipation of getting there before the ball.

So howlers missed: yes, bad performances: NO way.   Anyone wanting him dropped vs the buggerers of boys, needs to consult their mental health professional.

I'd go 4-4-2 with Morelos and Cummings leading the line, 3 in midfield will not be enough against the fenian scum. 

This is what I thought, but it’s a huge gamble, we’d need to throw everything at them right from the start if it were to work. It’s putting all the eggs in one basket and if it doesn’t work and we don’t get an early goal it could be a sore one. 

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Bang on mate, so much more to his game than just scoring goals (leagues top scorer and he still gets slated) His all round play will be vital for us on Sunday, haven't seen enough from Cummings so far to suggest he'll even get close to the same level of performance 

For me there's no question it has to be the same line up as Hearts. Murphy is absolutely crucial to us winning the game.

Morelos will be determined as fuck and there's no chance Murty drops him just cause Cummings scored against Falkirk.

14 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Explain. 

It's mentioned on every other thread about his hold up play. I want my centre forward to be talked about for his goal scoring abilities rather than his hold up play. McCoist & Boyd took their fair share of criticism during their playing career at Ibrox because of chances missed but this kid seems to escape it. I'm not criticising him for I like his raw and young talents but I won't give him the accolades ( yet ) that many others appear to do. I will jumping for joy when he scores on Sunday however ;)

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It's mentioned on every other thread about his hold up play. I want my centre forward to be talked about for his goal scoring abilities rather than his hold up play. McCoist & Boyd took their fair share of criticism during their playing career at Ibrox because of chances missed but this kid seems to escape it. I'm not criticising him for I like his raw and young talents but I won't give him the accolades ( yet ) that many others appear to do. I will jumping for joy when he scores on Sunday however ;)

Boyd didn't exactly have a great record in this fixture tho did he? And McCoist played in some ridiculously good teams so all he had to do was score. Morelos is the top scorer in the top league in this country whilst having so much more to offer so it's a no brainer,  Cummings is definitely a decent option off the bench tho! 

I just watched the highlights from the game back in December:

Tavernier and Candeias ran them ragged down that right side.  You can see we struggled to cope with the height and physicality of Boyata at set-pieces and they almost got some joy from it.  Each time Kranjcar touched the ball it was a fuck up why he was kept on the pitch so long is mind boggling.  A couple of absolute howlers from Morelos as well - Tav puts it right on his head in front of goal and he misses it.

1 hour ago, Craigyboy9 said:

Give Cummings his start if Murphy doesn’t make it? I’ve got a feeling Cummings is going to be like Lovenkrands against them. 

I hope your right mate. Just the right character for it to ??

42 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

Im not disputing he's dug us out of a hole in certain games and his hold up play is superb but at the same time for me he misses far too many chances and against them we need to be clinical especially with so much riding on it. I honestly think Cummings would have taken 1 of those 2 gilt edged chances he missed at the piggery! 

I see what you're saying and it's a tough one.

Really like the Cumdog but dropping Morelos is definitely a risky move, but for all we know, Morelos could miss a barrowload and Cummings scores the winner. I'd hate to be a manager, huge pressure! 

We're winning this anyway.

Fuck sake Alfredo needs to start, the wee man is desperate to get himself to the EPL and this is the stage he has to produce if he wants to acheive that. He will be well aware of this. The stage is set and I've got a feeling El Buffalo will shine and fire us to victory. It's a no brainer for me, we need our top scorer on the pitch for this one and not just for his goals, he will run the taig defence ragged and he wont be slow to give legodome a few well deserved digs.

44 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He's top goalscorer in the league. 

Boyd and McCoist had partners to work with most of the time, Morelos hasn't. 

He escapes OTT criticism because he's one of our best players yet is only a 21 year old boy still learning the game. 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

We don't really play with 3 in midfield though, do we? Clearly more of a 4-4-1-1 imo.

and if we play with Cummings and Morelos up top who drops out? Every one of the front 4 have been brilliant this season, they all deserve to start against the scum. 

For me Morelos has a lot in common with McCoist when he started out with Rangers, like Morelos Ally got himself into great scoring positions,  missed more than a few sitters and both weren't the greatest in the air, where I think Morelos is better at this stage of his career is his ability to drop deeper and bring others into play. McCoist  tended to play the traditional poachers role and this is possibly why he received more grief from the fans, if he wasn't scoring he wasn't contributing whereas Morelos doesn't necessarily have to score to contribute.

Archived