***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mental people are wanting us to put all our eggs in one basket and go 4-4-2. 

I’d rather bring on a guy who scored a hat-trick the week before if we’re chasing the game or looking for the winning goal, rather than starting our best strikers then bringing on Kenny Miller

32 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’d rather bring on a guy who scored a hat-trick the week before if we’re chasing the game or looking for the winning goal, rather than starting our best strikers then bringing on Kenny Miller

Kenny Miller is a decent impact sub for This game especially since he’s got a good record against the scum, wish we’d had him fit last Old Firm game

26 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Anyone know ,who ref is for this one ??

No matter who the scum's twelfth man is, I'm sure he will be a stoater, letting broon off the leash to deliver another compelling bone breaking performance, with the mandatory Rangers sendng off, two penalty claims refused and two players carried off injured due to unavoidable accidental non red card challenges.

Maybe we can start with Cummings as well to even the teams.

55 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Anyone know ,who ref is for this one ??

No mate but every time I think and say we need to approach this game with aggression the ref enters my mind. 

21 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No matter who the scum's twelfth man is, I'm sure he will be a stoater, letting broon off the leash to deliver another compelling bone breaking performance, with the mandatory Rangers sendng off, two penalty claims refused and two players carried off injured due to unavoidable accidental non red card challenges.

Maybe we can start with Cummings as well to even the teams.

As long as the greyhound doesn’t start 

17 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Hopefully you do not mean just like the sheep and that useless cunt McInnes who had them sit in to try and contain them at home ffs. 

We need to be on the front foot, in about them, closing them down, forcing errors at get at their defence which is their biggest weakness.

It doesn't have to be two up front, but with Cummngs in behind Morelos, as opposed to our shrinking violet Windass who has proven that is what he is against the better teams, as opposed to Cummngs who oozes confidence, has far more ability and gives not one fuck who he's up against and particularly the scum.

Morelos isn't firing on all cylinders and Windass hasn't covered himself in glory the last two games, so if Morelos again doesn't do it, we rely on Windass who will go missing on one scud from broon? Fuckng suicide!

We need characters, ability, guile and composure and Cummings is that man.

It sounds odd because it is typically a more defensive formation, but I feel we press and play far better attacking football when we play a 4-2-3-1. When we've played 4-4-2 ala Falkirk, we've scored goals but have been much more static and haven't pressed nearly as well.

Really warming to Cummings and he should definitely come on after 60 minutes if it's 0-0, just don't think we can afford to start with him and sacrifice someone in the midfield. 

11 hours ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Thing is, I'm not.

I'd start Cummings before Morelos who has gone completely off the boil.

Completely off the boil? He's had one poor game in fuck knows how many.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Aye, need a packed midfield against them. 

Windass will have more space against the taigs than other teams who have 2 lines of defence against us at Ibrox, hopefully similar to what it's like when we're playing away games. 

Said it before, but it would be mental to change from the team that has showed the first bit of consistency for us in years against premiership teams.

18 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Hopefully you do not mean just like the sheep and that useless cunt McInnes who had them sit in to try and contain them at home ffs. 

We need to be on the front foot, in about them, closing them down, forcing errors at get at their defence which is their biggest weakness.

It doesn't have to be two up front, but with Cummngs in behind Morelos, as opposed to our shrinking violet Windass who has proven that is what he is against the better teams, as opposed to Cummngs who oozes confidence, has far more ability and gives not one fuck who he's up against and particularly the scum.

Morelos isn't firing on all cylinders and Windass hasn't covered himself in glory the last two games, so if Morelos again doesn't do it, we rely on Windass who will go missing on one scud from broon? Fuckng suicide!

We need characters, ability, guile and composure and Cummings is that man.

Brilliant post! Absolutely spot on.

1 hour ago, Billy1984 said:

Scottish cup?

If we do not win this they Cup game will be a formality to them my fear in the Cup game is we beat them as we did before and lose the final.  

5 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

That’s why he’s doing it. If he presses Tierney and the stand-in RB right up, he’s assuming that will stop Tav and John bombing forward. Also suggests that he’s planning three CMs to handle Goss and Docherty.

Still think we have to play our own game. Sounds like Murphy will make it so, for me, the only question is which two of Cummings, Windass and Morelos play up front. Personally, I’d start with Cummings on the bench giving you:

Fod

Tav Martin Bates John

Candieas Goss Docherty Murphy

Windass

Morelos

Subs: Alnwick, Alves, Holt, Cummings, Wallace

That team is much better than the Hearts team that took four off them. Just get this done Rangers???

I'd change Windass for Cummings,Windass is a shitebag one tackle from broon and he'll go missing whereas Cummings will be right up for this and he'll get stuck into them. imo

Archived