Sean Goss considering playing for NI

Lloyd

12 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

So you're wife draps the kid prematurely on holiday abroad anywhere and that is now the kids nationality ?. "NO EXCEPTIONS".

No none at all my kids have kids now so the wife to drop them would be a shock.

10 hours ago, Smile said:

He will not make the German team I guess, should never happen should always be the country of your birth. 

No Dads Or Grandads Rule.

Remember back when Charlton managed the Republic, it was like they had 'if a distant relative once drank a pint of Guinness' rule with some of the people playing for them. 

International football is becoming more like club football in terms of chasing players now, the 5 year rule has made it even more farcical. 

With mass immigration I think international football will be pointless in a couple of generations time personally. 

Who knows Scotland might win a World Cup with 11 talented refugees in the future, I’m sure many would take the win but it’s not the same is it? 

11 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Remember back when Charlton managed the Republic, it was like they had 'if a distant relative once drank a pint of Guinness' rule with some of the people playing for them. 

I think it should be country of birth nothing more it keeps it fair. As you say you get so many teams abusing the rules.

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Common sense is needed here. They're not likely to be able to convince a boy from the Sandy Row or Shankill to play for them over NI are they?

You're missing the point,they denied ever poaching any players from NI anyway,most of those who've gone to the Rebs have be failures,Michael O'neill stated that he only wanted players who wanted to play for his team.

5 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

Did you see the article where the FAI(Republic) have been encouraging Kafflicks from NI to play for them,claims Michael O'Neill?

.....and they call Proddies bigots eh?

Michael called them right out and said they were sectarian in their recruitment attempts, the meltdown from the beggar fans has been hilarious, he is right though he told the reporter doing the interview about how the FAI were were going to approach Paddy McNair until they found out he was a Prod and then they completely dropped any interest in him.

17 hours ago, Smile said:

He will not make the German team I guess, should never happen should always be the country of your birth. 

Thats bullocks,  I was born in England but wouldnt dream of playing for England... if good enough. As my dad would say "if a pig was born in a stable, it woudne make it a horse, your scottish boy!"..agree with you on the grand parent rule though ?

1 hour ago, MK Dumfries said:

Thats bullocks,  I was born in England but wouldnt dream of playing for England... if good enough. As my dad would say "if a pig was born in a stable, it woudne make it a horse, your scottish boy!"..agree with you on the grand parent rule though ?

“Bullocks” ?? that’ll be the Dumfries in you ?

14 hours ago, Bears&Reds said:

Michael called them right out and said they were sectarian in their recruitment attempts, the meltdown from the beggar fans has been hilarious, he is right though he told the reporter doing the interview about how the FAI were were going to approach Paddy McNair until they found out he was a Prod and then they completely dropped any interest in him.

F**king luv it :dance:

As I understand it,any player born or linked to the island of Ireland can opt to play for either Country (Belfast Agreement),there's also a line of thinking that a player born or linked to any part of the UK could play for any of the 4 Countries.....whole can of worms could be opened there :whistle:

On 06/03/2018 at 12:50, Smile said:

Agreed. Mind there was talk of Lorenzo Amoruso playing for Scotland, similar to Costa playing for Spain, absolute bonkers!!  

Mum and dad or where your from should be all that is taken into consideration IMO.

international football is a joke anyway, zero interest in it.

10 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

As I understand it,any player born or linked to the island of Ireland can opt to play for either Country (Belfast Agreement),there's also a line of thinking that a player born or linked to any part of the UK could play for any of the 4 Countries.....whole can of worms could be opened there :whistle:

Anyone born on the island of Ireland is entitled to Irish citizenship. If you are entitled to citizenship you are entitled to national team selection under FIFA rules.

And yeah if you are a British citizen not born in the UK, or born in a Crown Dependency, you are eligible for one of the Home Nations - or at least you were.

Matt Le Tissier, Richard Gough, Graeme Le Saux, Terry Butcher could have all played for Wales or Northern Ireland. That’s how Maik Taylor qualified for Northern Ireland.

12 minutes ago, Bluebrows said:

Agreed. Mind there was talk of Lorenzo Amoruso playing for Scotland, similar to Costa playing for Spain, absolute bonkers!!  

Mum and dad or where your from should be all that is taken into consideration IMO.

international football is a joke anyway, zero interest in it.

This guy gets it. 

On 06/03/2018 at 21:22, Blumhoilann said:

AFAIK his Da was a soldier serving in Germany at the time,living in married quarters wi the family.

That should be the exception. Obviously if someone is doing their  bit for Queen and country then it can't be helped where their child is born. I agree about the grandparents rule though, that should be scrapped. 

Just now, Siwel said:

According to Rocksport Radio, we are hopeful of getting a deal done for Sean Goss worth around 1.5million depending on whether he wants to leave QPR or not.

£1.5m would be a steal for the boy. 

Then again they did say Morelos was certain to leave.