jack,dorrans, goss and docherty

42 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

who gives a shit. Just answer the post instead of acting all timmy and greeting about grammer........ that enough full stops for you ya weirdo

I'm not sure where one begins with this?  Tut, tut, Catholic education fails again.  :whistle:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Midfield 3 of Mccrorie Docherty and Dorrans would be pleasing

I'd say that's our best three. I'm not sure Dorrans can get around the pitch well enough to play in a two and the physicality of Mccrorie and Docherty should release him to play closer to the opposition goal. 

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

He certainly wasn't "meh" against the sheep before getting sent off for a pass.  He was bossing that game and showing us the player he can be when he settles down. 

We are now performing as a pretty solid unit, it is a pity that we've lost Jack, Dorrans, and McCrorie all three to questionable tackles. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

I'd say that's our best three. I'm not sure Dorrans can get around the pitch well enough to play in a two and the physicality of Mccrorie and Docherty should release him to play closer to the opposition goal. 

I still think, as well as he performed in midfield, the McCrorie's best position is central defense, he is like a good old-fashioned center-half who can play a bit as well.  

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I still think, as well as he performed in midfield, the McCrorie's best position is central defense, he is like a good old-fashioned center-half who can play a bit as well.  

You might well be correct but as a defensive midfielder he may well be the best we have? I certainly don't think Jack is good enough to play that role for us.

I suppose a lot will depend on summer recruitment. 

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

I agree, would also like to see Bates tried next to Mccrorie in the DM role for European games and the like.

Just now, Siwel said:

I agree, would also like to see Bates tried next to Mccrorie in the DM role for European games and the like.

Bates as a deep lying midfielder, playing the "quarterback role" is definitely a goer. 

He's basically a ginger Xavi. 

35 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

A player who combined the best of Goss', McCrories' and Docherty's talents would be some fucking player.

I have no idea what our strongest midfield will be when everyone's back, there are too many good options. You'd surely have to go back to Advocaat's era

Add in Windass too and you have Barry Ferguson in 2003. 

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

Bates as a deep lying midfielder, playing the "quarterback role" is definitely a goer. 

He's basically a ginger Xavi. 

My thinking too mate we need a more cultured player to compliment Mccrorie in bigger games and Bates is that man.

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Docs only started 3 games, why do people ignore wee holty?? Why did murty make him captain for them few games? Very unlucky suspended n lost his place.

Holt's an excellent squad option but that's it, Docherty has the potential to be a mainstay in this team for years.

I hope the club do everything they can to keep Goss here, but if we can't, Dorrans can do a similar job once he returns to full fitness.  Docherty looks a level above guys like Jack and Holt and I think he'll be a mainstay from now on.  We really need McCrorie to become the solid CDM and battler in the middle of the park we've been crying out for over the last few years.  

We need competition for Murphy, Windass, and Candeias.  Hopefully in the summer we can get rid of Miller, Kranjcar, Pena, MOH, Forrester, and Dodoo and start bringing in guys who can offer us more options going forward.

23 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

A fit Dorrans is the first pick in any Rangers midfield.

He could be the old head dictating the tempo with McCrorie and Docherty doing all the running.

All bears, all cracking players.

Why would a defensive midfielder be doing all the running? 

8 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Docs only started 3 games, why do people ignore wee holty?? Why did murty make him captain for them few games? Very unlucky suspended n lost his place.

Unfortunately I think Holt works really hard without actually contributing very much.