Teen turned away from Falkirk Rangers game takes 5hrs to get home

j1mgg

He was unable to contact his parents or pals as he had no credit in his phone so got a subway into Glasgow city centre around 4pm.

So he was going straight from school to the game without going home to get changed / have dinner then head to the game (if I'm reading that correctly)

He hadn’t had anything to eat all day. He must have been starving.

No school lunch or lunch money or did he spend his lunch money on the ticket?

Maybe his maw wasn't aware he was going and is used to him rolling in from school at whatever time at night, but see's a wee opportunity here for FB likes :sarcasm:

6 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

So he was going straight from school to the game without going home to get changed / have dinner then head to the game (if I'm reading that correctly)

No school lunch or lunch money or did he spend his lunch money on the ticket?

Maybe his maw wasn't aware he was going and is used to him rolling in from school at whatever time at night, but see's a wee opportunity here for FB likes :sarcasm:

Don't think schools were on on Sunday mate, cause of the snow....

12 hours ago, AlCapone said:

if the daft bint is complaining he wasn't mature enough to make the journey why did she let him go unsupervised in the first place  

A duty of Care is no longer the parent's responsibility, that's straight from the Kate McCann - Good Parenting Guide. 

Old news. The lad is now a grown up 15 year old with 6 wains to various trampy fenian mothers.

His own boys will be going to our games soon and getting their maws to make up stories about Rangers on facebook to seek the attention their unemployed junkie father is incapable of giving them.

They will never really know their father other than through that short article which they will struggle to read due to their very limited schooling. He will never phone them as his calling credit/battery has run out. He won't visit them at weekends as he is incapable of even the simplest of train journeys, and he won't buy them presents for xmas as his giro will be spent following Rangers as parkheed stands half empty.

Btw any news on who the ref is for Sunday?

Before I was 12 I always went with my Dad and Uncle to the games.

At 12 and 13 me and my mates were travelling to games at Ibrox on our own, and on away days for the Gers we'd go and watch Clydebank.

By the time I was 14 a wee crowd of us were travelling all over the country to away Rangers games by bus and train without adult supervision. And the big cup games at Hampden and internationals.

And at 14 or 15 we;d be at all the cellic games too on our own.16 years old and it was travelling on a train for derby games at Liverpool and Manchester, leaving early in the morning sometimes and always arriving home overnight.

We stuck together and were street savvy and knew we were safe with our mates and other similar fans. No mobiles in those days, but we knew to go in a pub to use a phone if there was a problem.

But one thing we did know for sure is  if we'd ever arrived back in Glasgow without one of our mates we'd have been hammered for ever afterwards by our peers and adults. What happened to his so-called mates, why'd they ignore him ? ?