Sunday is going to be more emotional for me...

rab wilson

So, sorry to hear of your Dad’s death, Rab. Heartfelt condolences.

We all know that Bill Shankly’s greatest quote is a tease. “Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.”

The irony of it though for diehard and traditional fans like yourself and your dad is that quote at  various stages in your life was true. I bet you remember with great happiness the great occasions when you and your dad shared the highs and the lows of supporting our great football team. The agonies and the ecstacies, the shared joy at the successes.

Words can never express that shared feeling adequately, but that comfortable sense of a shared heritage you had with your dad  will live on through your family and friends, and always be remembered fondly by you.

Many posters on here too  will have their own special memories of sharing those emotions on many a match day or night at Ibrox and so many other places with  Dads, relatives and friends no longer with us, and I know that they, like me, will be nodding their head towards you in sympathy to your great loss.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

So, sorry to hear of your Dad’s death, Rab. Heartfelt condolences.

We all know that Bill Shankly’s greatest quote is a tease. “Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.”

The irony of it though for diehard and traditional fans like yourself and your dad is that quote at  various stages in your life was true. I bet you remember with great happiness the great occasions when you and your dad shared the highs and the lows of supporting our great football team. The agonies and the ecstacies, the shared joy at the successes.

Words can never express that shared feeling adequately, but that comfortable sense of a shared heritage you had with your dad  will live on through your family and friends, and always be remembered fondly by you.

Many posters on here too  will have their own special memories of sharing those emotions on many a match day or night at Ibrox and so many other places with  Dads, relatives and friends no longer with us, and I know that they, like me, will be nodding their head towards you in sympathy to your great loss.

Tannerall.

Thank you so much for those beautiful words and they are so true.i reckon my old man had seen them all .he had seen the greatest Rangers team in the early 60s and got washec away in a whoosh when kai johannsen battered THAT goal in the replay and we both used to pump fists when sportscene came on in the early 80s when they showed tam forsyth celebrating the winner in 73.my dad said they were the 2 most important goals in Rangers history. Back then i argued it was the Redford chip against the arabs in 81.baxter for him, bobby russell for me.we both agreed on wee durrant.we fell out.never said goodbye.but i know my dad will be watching over me on Sunday. Thank you everyone of you bears who wrote words of condolences.but there is one thing that big Rab insisted on everytime we played these bastards...... fuckin intae them Rangers!

Thank you all.

No Surrender 

Rab 

Sorry to hear about your old man mate, losing a parent is extremely tough in so many ways! There is always plenty of bears to stand shoulder to shoulder with you through this dark time. I am sure your old man loved you to bits and in times of quietness you will know his presence.

All the best

19 hours ago, Hutchy WATP said:

I'm in the exact same boat mate, my old mans funeral was on Monday, hard enough losing anyone without it being someone so integral to your life.

I had a post typed out and decided not to post it but the amazing thing about it is I had special mentions for @K.A.I and yourself @rab wilson in it as the two posters he ever mentioned to me by name from on here. He was a passionate man about his beloved Rangers and he quickly noticed both of your passion for us as well. It made his heart swell to know we still had a fan base with such deep rooted love for the teddy bears.

Either way Sunday will be an emotional day for us. I'll happily raise a glass to them both

That is an honour mate.i think of you lot as family.sometimes you are the only family ive got.im so sorry for your loss mate.at the moment i feel nothing but guilt cos we never made it up before he passed.but when i tie his scarf to the gates on sunday i know he will be above me.thanks hutchy.your dad must have been so proud of ye.

No Surrender 

Rab

10 minutes ago, minstral said:

Rab you can buy a brick and it will be placed on one of the walls at Ibrox, then your dad will be in the place he loved all his years.

Will do it today mate.on it will be Robert wilson " king kai".its the goal he spoke about most.

No Surrender 

Rab 

33 minutes ago, rab wilson said:

That is an honour mate.i think of you lot as family.sometimes you are the only family ive got.im so sorry for your loss mate.at the moment i feel nothing but guilt cos we never made it up before he passed.but when i tie his scarf to the gates on sunday i know he will be above me.thanks hutchy.your dad must have been so proud of ye.

No Surrender 

Rab

Will always remember how good you and the other guys were to me when i was in the same situation mate