Souness - Rangers win would be good for Scottish football

52 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

There was a clause inserted into the broadcast agreement to cover showing Rangers games. If we are back challenging them then that contract needs ripped up and renegotiated 

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13281240.BT_Sport_in___250k_Rangers_payment/

2016/17 is £21.1m, £20m of which comes from broadcast deals.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13281240.BT_Sport_in___250k_Rangers_payment/

That's not really how it works

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Come on they were bribing referees and yet only got demoted 1 division 

Yes but compared to the rest of the conspiring clubs they were made an example of without sufficient evidence.

22 hours ago, CoopsLaud said:

A crunching souness style tackle on broonaldo in the first minute would be ideal. Doc or Holt maybe?

Said to my mate last night that if anyone's going to crunch him it'll be Docherty. He was 16 in 2012 so he'll know fine well how we feel in the stands and I don't doubt for a second he'll want to get in about them whatever it takes. Regardless, I reckon he'll boss the game. No point in him getting sent off just to satisfy our hatred of Brown.

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Said to my mate last night that if anyone's going to crunch him it'll be Docherty. He was 16 in 2012 so he'll know fine well how we feel in the stands and I don't doubt for a second he'll want to get in about them whatever it takes. Regardless, I reckon he'll boss the game. No point in him getting sent off just to satisfy our hatred of Brown.

Aye was hoping the tackle would be a good early doors sore yin to let the cunt know who he is up against. Early marker. One of our lads will no get sent off in this surely?? 

2 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

Aye was hoping the tackle would be a good early doors sore yin to let the cunt know who he is up against. Early marker. One of our lads will no get sent off in this surely?? 

I reckon there's a red card in this game. It's going to be riddled with hatred on and off the pitch.

On 08/03/2018 at 16:46, Real Ranger said:

There's no denying Scottish football has its problems but for me the SPL has improved recently and it's not only down to the current form of Rangers, the likes of Kilmarnock and Hibs have being playing decent stuff and though the quality may be missing some of the games have proved to be decent contests. Outside our games recent games involving Hearts and Kilmarnock v the beggars were most enjoyable and the Kilmarnock v Hibs game a few weeks ago was entertaining.

In contrast the EPL is on another planet financially but I'm increasingly finding many of the games to be pretty boring, especially games involving the bigger clubs such as Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal. 

I actually watched a couple of games in the Spl the other week outwith us and they were good games, sure one was the Kilmarnock v Hibs game, not always the highest of quality but enjoyed it a lot more than the usual boring shite the EPL serves up weekly.

23 hours ago, yermaw145 said:

Yes but compared to the rest of the conspiring clubs they were made an example of without sufficient evidence.

I would swap them punishments all day long ... when it comes to being vindictive it's hard to beat "the greatest wee country in the world"

A Rangers win keeps the title race alive for a while longer.  If celtic get any kind of result that wraps up the league for them.  We need more excitement and competition in the league so of course a win for us would be good for the Scottish game.