Morelos signs contract extension until 2021

Marky.

Fantastic news and a big statement by the club.

Time for him to get his head down and find the net even more. Also perhaps to learn the offside rule. He’s got a big future in the game and once capped by his country, he’d be worth even more than the figures quoted from China.

Big move.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don’t think it necessarily means he’ll be staying any longer if an EPL side comes in. Which I find unlikely come the Summer anyway.

But I’m sure he’ll have increased his wage significantly so may make him think twice if someone shite comes in but offering decent money. 

Puts the Club in a better position which is only a good thing! 

Rangers are delighted to confirm that Alfredo Morelos has signed a new contract with the club.

The Colombian striker and joint league top scorer is the latest player to commit his future to the Light Blues and his new deal will see him at the Gers until 2021.

Morelos joined the club on a three year contract in the summer from HJK Helsinki and has been a revelation this season already, scoring seventeen goals in all competitions for the Gers and seventeen goals for HJK before joining the club.

Speaking of his delight at signing a new deal, Morelos said: “I am very happy to have signed a new contract with Rangers.

“I know how important the club is in Scotland, how many titles that it has won and how much history that it has. I am really happy here and I am working hard for the team.

“I love it when the fans show their support to me and sing to me. I’m really grateful for their support and want to repay them with performances on the pitch.”

Light Blues manager Graeme Murty also gave his reaction to the Colombian extending his stay at Rangers. He said: “We are delighted that Alfredo has committed his future to the club today.

“He is a very talented player and one that we know we can work with to make even better.

“He has a massive opportunity at this club and we feel that he can continue to improve and even realise his international ambitions here at Rangers and help the club to challenge for silverware.”

Morelos began his career at Independiente Medellin in his homeland before moving to HJK, initially on loan for last season, before his move was made permanent at the start of 2017.

His season on loan in the Finnish capital was equally impressive as he netted 30 goals in 43 games, with four of them coming in the Europa League qualifying round.

He is the first Colombian to sign for the Light Blues, and made his debut at Ibrox in July before bagging his first Gers goal against Dunfermline in the League Cup.