Bates Wage?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, billythebear1986 said:

Hes started every game since the last old firm and played a decent number last year. Part from 1 shaky performance(where they all shit in Europe) he hasn't put a foot wrong. MOM agaisnt celtic and Aberdeen. 

He’s still a youth player who’s played a handful of games. His distribution is shocking and he’s criminally over-rated on here. The boy’s deluded if he thinks he’s worth more than £2500 a week. If he’s improved and playing well this time next year, then he can start asking for more money. 

22 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

why should he be on the same wage as the rest of the team, he's not a senior pro, his wage rise should be incremental rising with appearances and with bonuses added to bring it up, nothing wrong with the club getting the best deal possible, the days of throwing silly wages at players should be over, we should have players who want to play for Rangers because its Rangers rather than play for inflated wages just because its Rangers

Think agents these days are more to blame than the younger players.

It's pretty shite, cause they put their pay day above their, often naive, clients career.

3 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

He’s still a youth player who’s played a handful of games. His distribution is shocking and he’s criminally over-rated on here. The boy’s deluded if he thinks he’s worth more than £2500 a week. If he’s improved and playing well this time next year, then he can start asking for more money. 

What a load of shite.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Billytheabusivebear1986 offended me. Where's the report button these days?

Edit. Found it. Done.

:lol:he had a point but his choice of words were a bit rash, cushy will be in warning everybody soon

I like Bates, but I'm not sure he is quite as good as 8k per week.. or anywhere near that.  For his worth right now I would most certainly say £5k per week is a fair offer.

Hope the boy continues to prove me wrong though.  One thing I love is seeing is 'one of our own' becoming a success for the club.

4 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

By the end of the season he should have more appearances than any of the clubs centre backs, not exactly a youth player

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

I like Bates, but I'm not sure he is quite as good as 8k per week.. or anywhere near that.  For his worth right now I would most certainly say £5k per week is a fair offer.

Hope the boy continues to prove me wrong though.  One thing I love is seeing is 'one of our own' becoming a success for the club.

Sensible, I am sure he would settle for that.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

By the end of the season he should have more appearances than any of the clubs centre backs, not exactly a youth player

Right, but we’re talking about now. He’s done nowhere near enough for nowhere near long enough to warrant anything other than a modest bump. 

2 minutes ago, billythebear1986 said:

Im actually not gonna rise too your shit patter and cotinue to type in here like its whatsapp chat. you come on here to be a prick to other Rangers fans. Seem like a real soumd guy.

Sorry, is that addressed to me? Check out that quote facility, it's great.

Hard to make out whether your illiteracy is impacting on making your posts abusive, offensive or just stupid.

Nah. Think they're stupid regardless of the grammar.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Think squad player should sum it up, considering we will hopefully sign another CB or two, can't see him returning to the youth set up.

Don't get the over rated thing either, hes not done much wrong since starting regularly.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Sorry, is that addressed to me? Check out that quote facility, it's great.

Hard to make out whether your illiteracy is impacting on making your posts abusive, offensive or just stupid.

Nah. Think they're stupid regardless of the grammar.

I dont give a fuck dont post on my topics then if they are so beneath you.  I could type proper if i wanted but its a football forum, not an English essay. 

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

People keep saying that, but it's not as bad as made out, infact it's not even bad at all.

Agree.  Keep hearing the poor distribution and ‘accident waiting to happen’ lines.  It’s almost as if some are willing the boy to fail so that they can justify their initial (flawed) judgement of him as a bad player.  Bates is still young, he will make mistakes and have bad games, but if we give him a bit of support to develop we might find we have a really solid centre half on our hands in future years.

If he’s really on 1500 an been offered 2500 then it is an improved contract, if the figures are true I’d imagine there is some movement I’d say he’s worth 3-4, as much as I like Bates I’d really hope next season we would upgrade his position an he’d be a backup esp if we want to compete with the filth, if mark Allen is thinking along the same lines I can’t see them justifying much more than 4K a wk