Bates Wage?

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Tut tut. Thought you were precious and didn't like abusive posts? That's a wee bit naughty now calling me a prick. Take care now none of the admin or mods have a nosey in and see how deeply offended I am...

Not by the post, but by YOU'RE (again) ffs daftie ?????????????????????????

Slagging his spelling is just shite patter. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Sket said:

If he is on 1.5k just now i reckon a rise to 4k would be reasonable. If he continues to stay in the team and turn in solid performances then by all means,give him more.

Anything more than 4k just now is just throwing away needless money,something we're rather good at.

Maybe a compromise of a 4K basic with bonuses based on appearances might be the answer? If his good work continues or improves, he’ll know there’s more in the pot for him. Either way, he’s doing us a turn for relatively little money and is better value than many that we’ve signed in recent years. Wish we had two of him for tomorrow 

39 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Maybe a compromise of a 4K basic with bonuses based on appearances might be the answer? If his good work continues or improves, he’ll know there’s more in the pot for him. Either way, he’s doing us a turn for relatively little money and is better value than many that we’ve signed in recent years. Wish we had two of him for tomorrow 

I'd say 4k a week max for a young player who still has a lot to prove is more than enough. Like i said,if he continues to improve and hold down a first team place then he will have earned a contract more in line with the higher earners.

1 hour ago, Sket said:

I'd say 4k a week max for a young player who still has a lot to prove is more than enough. Like i said,if he continues to improve and hold down a first team place then he will have earned a contract more in line with the higher earners.

is any other first team regular on those wages

3 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

is any other first team regular on those wages

He won’t be a first team regular if we do good business in the summer and bring in 2 CBs that we need. He’ll be a young squad player/backup, and that’s what he should be paid as.

6 minutes ago, MasterD said:

He won’t be a first team regular if we do good business in the summer and bring in 2 CBs that we need. He’ll be a young squad player/backup, and that’s what he should be paid as.

You could argue he's been the best cb at the club over the last few months. Even if he is a young squad player/backup, how many of them get paid so little? Ones that haven't shown themselves to be capable of playing in the 1st team? If a club stated to a player, keeping bruno alves out of the team, we see you reverting to a back up defender, here's a paltry wage that's not nearly on par with any first team player.... that player is never going to sign a deal.

Footballers want to feel wanted, to be a part of something. That message sends the opposite, basically your here until something better comes along. Right now he deserves his spot, otherwise we risk letting him leave on contract expiry.

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Maybe a compromise of a 4K basic  with bonuses based on appearances might be the answer? If his good work continues or improves, he’ll know there’s more in the pot for him. Either way, he’s doing us a turn for relatively little money and is better value than many that we’ve signed in recent years. Wish we had two of him for tomorrow 

No chance! He’s no worth 4K basic imo now, thinking about it the boy would have been lucky to be on £200 at raith, we sign him on £1500 an when he finally starts to earn it, we want to give him more? 

If he accepts the £2500 we’ve offered, which is more money than he would ever have thought he’d earn out of football, and he excels then we can talk about 4K or whatever 

at £2500 I’d imagine he’s getting more than anybody outwith Rangers an celtic, for his age an experience he should consider himself fortunate an if he dosent see ya??

I think the most sensible way to look at this is to consider how much we would we have to spend to replace him, or what kind of value would we look at to sell him.

He can walk away from the club for nothing in a few months.

If we were to offer him £6k a week on a 3 year deal, then the cost of having him for this entire period would be under £1m. 

Could we really be confident that we could replace the boy by bringing in another player in a wages and fee deal for under £1m over 3 years? I don't feel confident that we can.

If an English team are already offering money around the £15k mark then I doubt we have much hope of holding onto him.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think the most sensible way to look at this is to consider how much we would we have to spend to replace him, or what kind of value would we look at to sell him.

He can walk away from the club for nothing in a few months.

If we were to offer him £6k a week on a 3 year deal, then the cost of having him for this entire period would be under £1m. 

Could we really be confident that we could replace the boy by bringing in another player in a wages and fee deal for under £1m over 3 years? I don't feel confident that we can.

If an English team are already offering money around the £15k mark then I doubt we have much hope of holding onto him.

If we don’t want to play second fiddle to the tarriers next season mate I think the defence needs improved cb has been a weak point for me, could be partly due to the chopping an changing constantly but still the jury’s out if the players we have got, are able to step up another level

tomorrow and after the split we will find out how good our defence is, then we’ll know who keeps their place for next year

I think if we offered 2500 then that's a fair wage, he should only offered a 2 year deal and if he continues to improve it can be looked at again. He's a young boy that hasn't played much football. I think this summer we should he looking for 2 new starting centre backs or at least 1 if Martin stays. Bates should only be back up at best.