Soccer AM

MrMckee

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Candeias, who Pedro bought to replace Waghorn in that wide right position, is a far superior player.  He also signed Morelos up front who is a better goal-scorer than Waghorn ever was.  Many criticised Pedro for selling Barrie too but he badly underperformed here.  Would you take Barrie over Murphy?  Absolutely no chance.  Selling the underperformers was the right decision at the time.

Would you rather Waghorn or Hererra? That’s how I look at it. 

For all it’s worth though I do agree that Candeias is giving us more than Barrie did. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Would you rather Waghorn or Hererra? That’s how I look at it. 

For all it’s worth though I do agree that Candeias is giving us more than Barrie did. 

I don't think Pedro sold Waghorn and replaced him with Herrera.  Prior to last summer Waghorn was being used wide right so I think it's fair to say Candeias was brought in as his replacement.

In response to your question rather Waghorn or Herrera my answer would be neither.  Hopefully Herrera is moved on during the summer along with MOH, Forrester, and Dodoo.  Far too many deadwood players still at this club leaching wages.  We need the deadwood gone and more quality options brought in to help add to our attack. 

16 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I don't think Pedro sold Waghorn and replaced him with Herrera.  Prior to last summer Wasghorn was being used wide right so I think it's fair to say Candeias was brought in as his replacement.

In response to your question rather Waghorn or Herrera my answer would be neither.  Hopefully Herrera is moved on during the summer along with MOH, Forrester, and Dodoo.  Far too many deadwood players still at this club leaching wages.  We need the deadwood gone and more quality options brought in to help add to our attack. 

I don't think think we will agree on Waghorn but overall we're on the same page.  Better options were / are needed. 

7 minutes ago, kanjo said:

I don't think think we will agree on Waghorn but overall we're on the same page.  Better options were / are needed. 

For what it's worth, I liked Waghorn when played as the lone striker.  He was strong, made intelligent runs, he brought others in to the game, but he couldn't finish.  His finishing ability was always the weakest part of his game.  I know he scored 20+ in the Championship but 10 of those were penalties.  From open play the guy just couldn't put the ball in the net consistently enough.