Warburton - "I received death threats"

RD.1872

The journey from Glasgow to London take about 5 hours. Is MW really asking us to belive that his phone rang non-stop for 5 hours with irate fans making death threats!

The man gave us a few good moments but was ultimately a failure and a fool, best ignored!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Every time I went to use my phone it was ringing, and I couldn't work out what was going on. I drove from Glasgow to London on the Sunday and couldn't speak to my wife. I couldn't use my phone so my wife didn't know what was going on"

Poor wee lamb!  Could you no have used another phone to call your wife?? FUD!!

12 minutes ago, Allanger said:

Fake news to unsettle our team ahead of the game tomorrow 

It's ridiculous the amount of shite these scum print, the club chooses the softly softly approach and the support just lay back and take it.

“We won two and drew two of our first four games, which I was pleased with given the pressure on a group of young players, but before our fifth game against celtic I was faced with headlines of, ‘Warburton facing the sack’, ‘Does Warburton deserve to face celtic?’ We lost and I was accused of insulting Rangers fans.

Drew with Hamilton at Ibrox and 10 man Kilmarnock away and he was pleased with that.

A group of young players... Foderingham; Tavernier, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace; Barton, Halliday, Kranjcar; McKay, Miller, Waghorn. A right young team there :headscratch:

Guy was a loser and a weapon.

27 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Unfair to tag all the Rangers support with the same brush just because Bluepeter9 organised a campaign of terror and abuse.

Fair enough I wasn’t exactly wishing him good luck but as usual our hooped hero Peter lets the side down.

:lol:

24 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

"Every time I went to use my phone it was ringing, and I couldn't work out what was going on. I drove from Glasgow to London on the Sunday and couldn't speak to my wife. I couldn't use my phone so my wife didn't know what was going on"

If only there were other modes of communication these days.

As ever the full and complete truth of matters his only one way of looking at things.   Individuals - Warburton in this case - are often prone to trying to write the history of events to suit their own purposes.   Presumably he feels he needs to shove out his version of events at this time to try to swing some balance of credibility or honesty (or both) of his actions in engineering an exit from Rangers so as to help explain himself to potential future employers who may be wary of employing someone who has previous on covertly burrowing out from under his current employment. 

Rightly or wrongly he and his 2 fellow escapee conspirators left under a dark cloud of mistrust in them that was painted to be of their own making.  If their case was good, if their actions were entirely above board, honourable and within the bounds of the actions employees can be reasonably expected by their employer to take when seeking an exit, then I'd presume their case would be good enough for legal action.    As far as I know all claims they made against Rangers fizzled into nothing and the 3 burrowers ended up..........of course...... at Forest.   Which seemed to many external observers to be what they were looking to achieve anyway thus putting Rangers in the position of the safe moral high ground in accepting their supposedly never offered resignations.  

The truth is only one way of looking at events.    Warburton's outburst impliedly invites a rebuttal from Rangers, or a statement clarifying the Club's position.   But I doubt they will rise to the bait.   This far after events it just looks like Warburton sour grapes plus an attempt to spin him as the innocent in order to provide some fig leaf cover for his actions in the hopes that future employers will buy into his 'I was unjustly treated' fairytale.   

Think he’s not being truthful,  why did him and his team withdraw any dispute against the club for unfair dismissal then?  Such a coincidence that the best in the business was at forest a mere 1-2 weeks after the back stabbing.  I don’t always agree with what the board does but they were spot on in getting shot of those 3

He just didn't get it, and what it means to be part of the most successful club in world football. He never raised the bar with expectation and accepted mediocrity. Long term strategy yes,but short term you have to be beating the smaller teams and putting a marker down and demanding respect. Its taken a youth coach to do that and instil a winning mentality back into us. In short, you were a fraud and are playing right into the hands of the celtic loving media up here. Bravo Mr paycheck. If he still had an issue with his dismissal then where's the court case?

Hope he trains well so he can find a new club.

If there is any truth to death threats thats despicable and should have been reported to the police.

Other than that, zero sympathy for how he was treated, he made a rod for his own back. Also think had he stayed we would have finished 2nd last year.

What makes me angry about this is, it was only Nottingham Forest he was linked to at his resignation, the Fulham job was months before he left (start of December) They brought in Jokanovic before Warburton quit. Then when he quit ALL the talk was Forest. Now he states 2 weeks afterwards was the first time they conveniently arranged to speak to him.

How naive and stupid does the man think we are? He could have been good for us, but his stubbornness and reluctance to change the system was embarrassing. All the best for the future but i'm glad its not with Rangers.

43 minutes ago, SteveEarle said:

its Rangers fault for not making sure he got home safely

duty of care n aw that

It was celtic’s ‘’ultras’’ that spread his number about the full of Glasgow to give him abuse.

I know a couple of boys who were part of the god knows how many taigs doing it to fit in and impress cunts, nothing to do with us at all.

The only time we abuse him is when we say he plays shite football and snaked us, which is true no matter how harsh.

Ah OF week. 

A week where tarrier players were sent razors and had to use armoured cars. 

Where Rangers are over-confident and have been running their mouth all week.

Where the tarriers are the all encompassing, classy club who simply need to turn up and win. 

Where there is no such thing as a title race. 

Where the big bad Rangers force a kid to travel back home 60 miles from a game he shouldn’t have been at. 

Where a former Rangers manager who hasn’t uttered a word, now has two stories in the media this week, claiming he was a success and he was sent death threats.

Where the tarrier manager insists he won’t talk about Rangers, yet that’s literally all he’s talked about.  

Forget

Murty acting with dignity and class in his interviews

A new contract for the best striker in the league

Davis Bates saying Rangers feel at ease because of how well they’ve been playing 

The total silence from our side about confidence, only having to turn up etc. 

I genuinely despise this country, it’s an absolute cesspit and if it wasn’t for Rangers I’d be nowhere near here