Famous People At Ibrox

tannerall

5 minutes ago, rbt1548 said:

I think one of the Russian leaders visited Ibrox, possibly Khrushchev, might be my fading memory!, but I am sure I saw a article somewhere. 

Kosygin, but the game was at Rugby Park, my guess is he was only there to see the Rangers........

16 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Kosygin, but the game was at Rugby Park, my guess is he was only there to see the Rangers........

Thanks for clearing it up, I knew there was a tie up between us and a Russian leader somewhere in my deep memory. 

1 minute ago, Craigyboy9 said:

To be fair back in those days it was mainly just seen as a Scottish folk song,  not the theme tune for the Nationalist arseholes it Is today. 

I know mate but I’ve never liked it or sung it I mind being in the house Italia 90 and family singing it before games and still thinking fuck that I wouldn’t be seen dead singing that pish 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I know mate but I’ve never liked it or sung it I mind being in the house Italia 90 and family singing it before games and still thinking fuck that I wouldn’t be seen dead singing that pish 

Aye it, came from the Calcutta cup game in the spring when we beat England and won the slam, then people just jumped on it. In that context of that game it was perfect, but it’s a shit anthem regardless of its politics. 

12 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I would have thought otherwise. He's a kafflick with a daughter called Lourdes. 

He wasn't brought up a catholic.

There was discussion on this one years ago because he went to a catholic secondary school. He was only there because it was a sports oriented school.

Might have called her that cause he's thick and thought Madonna's daughter had a nice name?

EDIT: just read up he is of the other faith. My bad.