Murty or ...

sco22y

Souness, Walter, Advocaat, Mcleish, Walter (again) brought me so much joy by winning the league in my lifetime; however, my question to you is, if not Murty then who?

I like his passion. He lets his heart do the talking during interviews which is a very different technique to Walter; however, I believe it has evoked a spark from current players which I suppose is good. He has definitely had a positive reaction. Murty has had been in charge of two old firms games (both of which we have been expected to get beat) and we came away unscathed. I hope the pressure of winning at Ibrox doesn't take its toll on our players tomorrow (Hibs game x2) and we do our manager proud.

I like him and I also like his signings. I hope our players can fight for him tomorrow!

If he wins I don't think I need to ask the question again, but if we lose...

Who takes over?

6 minutes ago, sco22y said:

Souness, Walter, Advocaat, Mcleish, Walter (again) brought me so much joy by winning the league in my lifetime; however, my question to you is, if not Murty then who?

I like his passion. He lets his heart do the talking during interviews which is a very different technique to Walter; however, I believe it has evoked a spark from current players which I suppose is good. He has definitely had a positive reaction. Murty has had been in charge of two old firms games (both of which we have been expected to get beat) and we came away unscathed. I hope the pressure of winning at Ibrox doesn't take its toll on our players tomorrow (Hibs game x2) and we do our manager proud.

I like him and I also like his signings. I hope our players can fight for him tomorrow!

If he wins I don't think I need to ask the question again, but if we lose...

Who takes over?

There's three Old Firm games to go so let's see how Murty does during those before talking about next season.  If results go our way of course the job should be his.  If celtic get the better of us then we should be getting someone else in.  If it's not Murty then I hope we go for someone with more experience and a proven track record.  The club will need to see who's available in the summer and pick from those candidates.  

3 minutes ago, sco22y said:

Stick or twist moment Though!

What would you do (as of now)?

Looks to me that the players are taking on board Murty's ideas of how to play the game, and probably more importantly seem to be playing FOR him (caps intentional). To me that says a lot about the guy.

We've got Mark Allen in place to take a lot of pressure away from the old idea of a 'manager's' resposibility and allow to concentrate more on the first team coaching etc.

I'd give him a chance!

3 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

There's three Old Firm games to go so let's see how Murty does during those before talking about next season.  If results go our way of course the job should be his.  If celtic get the better of us then we should be getting someone else in.  If it's not Murty then I hope we go for someone with more experience and a proven track record.  The club will need to see who's available in the summer and pick from those candidates.  

'If results go his way' what would be a successful haul (point wise?)  

6 minutes ago, terry739 said:

Looks to me that the players are taking on board Murty's ideas of how to play the game, and probably more importantly seem to be playing FOR him (caps intentional). To me that says a lot about the guy.

We've got Mark Allen in place to take a lot of pressure away from the old idea of a 'manager's' resposibility and allow to concentrate more on the first team coaching etc.

I'd give him a chance!

I agree!

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

12 hours to go until the biggest game in ages, get this to fuck man

I am an optimistic guy! Always have been when it concerns Rangers. My optimism this time , I suppose, surrounds our manager. I think we have unearthed an absolute gem.  I hope we don't fuck it (or him) up.

if not Murty then I'm not sure who can take us forward .

we seem to be going down the DOF route and it looks like Murty is happy in the 1st team coach role .something that a lot of big name managers aren't comfortable with .

there are as been pointed out 3 games against the filth left .if he loses 2moro or draws it shouldn't affect what is potentially a good set up for us.

Just now, magic8ball said:

we seem to be going down the DOF route and it looks like Murty is happy in the 1st team coach role .something that a lot of big name managers aren't comfortable with .

there are as been pointed out 3 games against the filth left .if he loses 2moro or draws it shouldn't affect what is potentially a good set up for us.

I too, believe we have a good set up. Especially knowing the players we have returning from injury.

If we get hoofed every cunt will want him jettisoned 

if we win he’s a hero 

If we win and then lose our next game every cunt will want him jettisoned 

we are Rangers and we need to win. If it’s not murty then it will be some else cunt. 

2 hours ago, sco22y said:

'If results go his way' what would be a successful haul (point wise?)  

If we win the two remaining Old Firm games we would be right next to celtic in terms of league points.  Even if we didn't win the league Murty would've proven he has what it takes to beat them and close the gap and that's good enough for me.  However, if celtic win those league games the points gap increases to 15 and we could finish the league season totally adrift.  Beating celtic in the Scottish Cup and lifting that silverware would be great but of course that could go the other way too.

There's still a lot of football to be played, and too many variables to consider, which is why we need to wait and see how it all pans out.  

Murty has steadied the ship with our existing squad and made some excellent additions in January. If we come a close second or win the league and win a cup it's a no brainer. We can't afford any risks or upset the positive vibe at the club at the moment by bringing someone else in unless it's a big name. Murty knows the league, the demands and the challenges ahead.

8 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Yeah I'd agree with this . 

I don't think today's result would have any bearing on that . As long as there's no disastrous collapse by the end of season I'd say the job is pretty much his , deservedly so . And I say that as one who criticised the decision to give him it till the end of season . 

What we are looking for is progress and improvement , and you just have to look at the optimism on here right now to see he's given us that . Not the end product yet , but certainly heading in the right direction .

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

What an odd time to be thinking about this :lol:

Was just about to post this

Can't we just enjoy one of the biggest matches this season? No one's coming in before today's scum game! It's also very disrespectful as far as I see it to Murty, whom might not have what it takes long term but is trying his best under difficult circumstances.