Absolutely bottled it

Taking the lead twice you’d expect us to go on in those situations and capitalise especially at home. Defending for two of the three goals is fucking abysmal, not a lot you can do about Rogic’s goal it’s a superb strike and sometimes you’ve got to hold your hands up IMO. 

Then we get the man advantage and you’d never have fucking been able to tell we had it. The players looked completely devoid of belief that we could actually get back in it. That was the most disappointing thing.

No bigger cliche in football but goals change games and Morelos absolutely has to score the two chances he had. He’s far too wasteful sometimes and even in the last old firm game I remember he missed the two headers that were big chances as well. Got to take those chances in these games. Fucking gutted that we’ve chucked that away. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2-2 before the 60 minute mark.  celtic go down to 10 men and that should be a big advantage for us.  celtic are the ones who make the changes and score the goal to get the result.  Rodgers has the experience to make the changes and alter the game but Murty sits idle and lets opportunity pass him by.  Disgusted by this.

Also, this 'but Morelos offers us so much more' his misses are a fucking disgrace.  Cummings would've banged those chances in he's the goal-scorer.  

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Taking the lead twice you’d expect us to go on in those situations and capitalise especially at home. Defending for two of the three goals is fucking abysmal, not a lot you can do about Rogic’s goal it’s a superb strike and sometimes you’ve got to hold your hands up IMO. 

Then we get the man advantage and you’d never have fucking been able to tell we had it. The players looked completely devoid of belief that we could actually get back in it. That was the most disappointing thing.

No bigger cliche in football but goals change games and Morelos absolutely has to score the two chances he had. He’s far too wasteful sometimes and even in the last old firm game I remember he missed the two headers that were big chances as well. Got to take those chances in these games. Fucking gutted that we’ve chucked that away. 

Sitting here feeling absolutely fucking sick to the pit of my stomach, Canny even face my fucking dinner, Gutted is an understatement

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

2-2 before the 60 minute mark.  celtic go down to 10 men and that should be a big advantage for us.  celtic are the ones who make the changes and score the goal to get the result.  Rodgers has the experience to make the changes and alter the game but Murty sits idle and lets opportunity pass him by.  Disgusted by this.

Also, this 'but Morelos offers us so much more' his misses are a fucking disgrace.  Cummings would've banged those chances in he's the goal-scorer.  

Completely agree id take Cummings everyday of the week ahead of Morelos. 

Just now, Rosebery1872 said:

3 or 4 new players in and a pre season for the Jan lot and on to 55 next season were close now they got the fear don't worry about that

You think celtic will sit idle during the summer?  They'll strengthen too.  

Maybe some of the above watched a different game from me. Morelos bullied there defence but missed a couple of chances. Needs to score those but his overall game was good.

Didn't think we bottled it at all, our final ball wasn't good enough on the day and I thought cardoso looked really shaky in defence. 

It wasn't our day.

At 2-2 with 11 v 11 I honestly thought we had a chance, as soon as they went down to 10 suddenly the pressure was there for all to see that this was the best chance in a long time to beat this lot. Unfortunately to many of our men started to play like boys and they were completely bossed for the remainder of the game. I felt that we should of had Miller on before Cummings he knows what its like to beat this mob.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Completely agree id take Cummings everyday of the week ahead of Morelos. 

As soon as celtic went down to 10 men we should've brought Goss or Winbdass off, put Cummings on, and changed the shape to 4-4-2.  Murty did fuck all until we went behind and by that time it was too late.  Rodgers acted immediately and that's the difference between the two managers.

We caused our own problems today.

John played well in the first half and Tav was decent throughout but after that I’d struggle to give anyone pass marks.

Defense was poor and midfield was the big problem especially Goss who was dire.

A game that should tell everyone that Murty cannot get the managers job.