Morelos over cummings

Clarkyyy

Said it last week on the threads about this  .. you say you need to play well to keep your place .. u bench a guy who scored a hattrick last game for a guy whos missed a few sitters .. one on one the guys clueless .. everyone told me morelos game is much better than cummings .. today he offered nothing except 2 chances that im confident cummings would have scored ..  fucking torture 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply can't rely on Morelos in big games, whenever he Gets z golden chance he bottles it every time

It's like Boyd, scores for fun against shite but against the top sides when it matters does fuck all.

That' 2 OF games in a row Morelos has costs us points when it was harder to miss. Simply abysmal and it makes it even more ludicrous the posters on here thinking a EPL side would ever be in for him,

Big fan of his work rate, but the fact Murty took so long to bring Cummings on after the sending off shows his decision making and reading the game is below par. To say I’m gutted is an understatement. Bottled it.

Morelos does fuck all against Ross County for 70mins and it's Cummings who comes on and scores the goal to win us the game.  Last week both strikers played together and it was cummings who banged in a hat-trick.  Morelos is stong and holds the ball up but Cummings is the more natural goal-scorer and he likes the big games.  I'd like to see both strikers play together as part of the same team.

Talk of Morelos being way better than Cummings are wide of the mark.  The two players are more equal in terms of ability than many of our support seem to think.

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

He should have scored obviously but his hold up play and general work rate is excellent. I’m not saying Cummings is worse but Morelos is good as one up top

Not in big games he isn't. He didn' score and missed a open goal again. We lost the game....but aye he was gid eh?

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Not in big games he isn't. He didn' score and missed a open goal again. We lost the game....but aye he was gid eh?

I agree he should have scored at least two. But I still think he played well in other ways. Listen I’m gutted he missed that too believe me, but I don’t think Cummings upfront alone is the answer. 

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Simply can't rely on Morelos in big games, whenever he Gets z golden chance he bottles it every time

It's like Boyd, scores for fun against shite but against the top sides when it matters does fuck all.

That' 2 OF games in a row Morelos has costs us points when it was harder to miss. Simply abysmal and it makes it even more ludicrous the posters on here thinking a EPL side would ever be in for him,

Spot on - be lucky to get Barrie McKay money for him now.

Only 3 goals v top 6 sides tells you all you need to know.

I'd have started Morelos too. Sorry, I know Cummings is on form, but - despite today - Morelos is still one of our best players and, at his best, offers something a player like Cummings never will. The flipside to that is that I'd have brought Cummings on much sooner. 

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

I'd have started Morelos too. Sorry, I know Cummings is on form, but - despite today - Morelos is still one of our best players and, at his best, offers something a player like Cummings never will. The flipside to that is that I'd have brought Cummings on much sooner. 

One of the things of a good squad is you need to take your chanxe when it comes .. jason done that last week & against ross county when morelos couldnt .. he deserved a start today

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Said it for a while he's not as good as we think he is and it's absolutely criminal we didn't take the big money offers we got for him.

He will go for 2 or 3 million in a season of two and we will look like utter tits.

We should've taken that £10m offer for Morelos and used it to bring in 3-4 players of real quality in the summer.  That would've increased quality throughout the team and taken us up a level.  I would be more confident of a title challenge next season had we done that.  We could've seen out the rest of this season with Cummings and wouldn't have been any worse off.