Morelos over cummings

Clarkyyy

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We should've taken that £10m offer for Morelos and used it to bring in 3-4 players of real quality in the summer.  That would've increased quality throughout the team and taken us up a level.  I would be more confident of a title challenge next season had we done that.  We could've seen out the rest of this season with Cummings and would've been n worse off.

i said that when we were offered 8m

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TerryTibbs said:

That is one of the worst misses I’ve ever seen today. Cummings looked sharp when he came on. Morelos has to be 2nd choice after today for me. 

I wish we’d taken the money. If there was in fact a bid 

No we lied about the bid,tarrier pish you've posted 

Folk were getting slated on here for even suggesting Cummings should've started today. Just look back at the threads after Falkirk game. 

We knew we could hurt them if we relentlessly attacked so going with 2 attackers would've been brave and the right decision. Our defence always let us down so as I said before the mentality of we'll score more than them should've been the approach  

Morelos was isolated too often also. Yes he worked hard but Benching a player after scoring a hat trick is crazy and both should've started. 

Cummings did fuck all when he came on.

Two terrible misses for Morelos, but he fucking bullied those CBs all day and drew a red card. 

Cummings can’t play up front on his own, and we’re not strong enough in defence or central midfield to play 4-4-2. 

25 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Simply can't rely on Morelos in big games, whenever he Gets z golden chance he bottles it every time

It's like Boyd, scores for fun against shite but against the top sides when it matters does fuck all.

That' 2 OF games in a row Morelos has costs us points when it was harder to miss. Simply abysmal and it makes it even more ludicrous the posters on here thinking a EPL side would ever be in for him,

Nail head hit. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Cummings did fuck all when he came on.

Two terrible misses for Morelos, but he fucking bullied those CBs all day and drew a red card. 

Cummings can’t play up front on his own, and we’re not strong enough in defence or central midfield to play 4-4-2. 

To be fair to Cummings he linked up fairly well but was only given what 15 minutes with no service. I bet he would have scored Morelos miss and made a better effort of Morelos 1 on 1.

Give the guy a chance just like Falkirk 

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The forum should be closed down for 24 hours after an OF defeat.

The boy put in one hell of a shift and was a handful for their defenders all game.

"wish we'd taken the money" and similar comments. Fuck sake get a grip of yourselves.

Fuck up. He scores we win. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The boy put in one hell of a shift and was a handful for their defenders all game.

"wish we'd taken the money" and similar comments. Fuck sake get a grip of yourselves.

Certain posters have been saying this all along and I agree...he is a handful but misses too many chances.

Dembele is not worth anywhere near their valuation but he scores when it matters and we need someone like that aka potentially Cummings! 

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Sorry but thats just bullshit , the guy is a fuckin joke . Its bad enough doing it against shite teams but today was unforgivable. If any team was really going to give us 8-10m for this guy we should have bit their hands off.

I thought Morelos was actually doing his job very well in the first half. I said to my son at half time thought he would score in the 2nd half - for him not to do so was unforgivable. His work rate is excellent and he gives defences a headache - but there is no getting away from the fact that he misses a huge amount of sitters and his misses have cost us in the last two old firm games.

I really feel for the lad because that will be hard to get over, but he cost us the game today.

Just now, cushynumber said:

I thought Morelos was actually doing his job very well in the first half. I said to my son at half time thought he would score in the 2nd half - for him not to do so was unforgivable. His work rate is excellent and he gives defences a headache - but there is no getting away from the fact that he misses a huge amount of sitters and his misses have cost us in the last two old firm games.

I really feel for the lad because that will be hard to get over, but he cost us the game today.

He cost us in the last one too!

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's still better than Cummings who offered nothing when he came on.

Cummings seems to get better with every chance Morelos misses.

Cummings scored 3 last week , the 3rd being after morelos hit a 1 on 1 straight at the keeper. We are told that you have to play well every game to stay in the team .. what striker scored 3 last game ?

1 minute ago, Clarkyyy said:

Cummings scored 3 last week , the 3rd being after morelos hit a 1 on 1 straight at the keeper. We are told that you have to play well every game to stay in the team .. what striker scored 3 last game ?

If it was a league game then fair enough. It was a cup tie against lower league opposition and we played 4-4-2 in that game which helped him.

We were never going with that formation today and Morelos is the better all round player so it's a no brainer.