Morelos over cummings

Clarkyyy

43 minutes ago, Clarkyyy said:

Said it last week on the threads about this  .. you say you need to play well to keep your place .. u bench a guy who scored a hattrick last game for a guy whos missed a few sitters .. one on one the guys clueless .. everyone told me morelos game is much better than cummings .. today he offered nothing except 2 chances that im confident cummings would have scored ..  fucking torture 

I said exactly the same thing on here mate but most were in favour of Morelos starting ahead of JC.

As far as I'm concerned you go with the form player and JC scored a cracking hat trick last week whilst  AM missed a few sitters.

If I was JC I would be disappointed to be out of today's starting 11 after my performance last week.

f 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I thought Morelos was actually doing his job very well in the first half. I said to my son at half time thought he would score in the 2nd half - for him not to do so was unforgivable. His work rate is excellent and he gives defences a headache - but there is no getting away from the fact that he misses a huge amount of sitters and his misses have cost us in the last two old firm games.

I really feel for the lad because that will be hard to get over, but he cost us the game today.

I like Morelos but he's not a natural finisher despite the goals he's got.

Cummings has to be given his chance in the cup game as sadly Morelos has blown his opportunities against them.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If it was a league game then fair enough. It was a cup tie against lower league opposition and we played 4-4-2 in that game which helped him.

We were never going with that formation today and Morelos is the better all round player so it's a no brainer.

The facts are Cummings would have scored those chances and we’d have won the game.

7 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If it was a league game then fair enough. It was a cup tie against lower league opposition and we played 4-4-2 in that game which helped him.

We were never going with that formation today and Morelos is the better all round player so it's a no brainer.

Il say it again .. we were told the guy on form keeps the jersey .. morelos scored none n cummings scored 3 .. its no hard ?

2 minutes ago, Clarkyyy said:

Il say it again .. we were told the guy on form keeps the jersey .. morelos scored none n cummings scored 3 .. its no hard ?

I'll say it again. His goals were against lower league opposition and he scored them playing in a system that we wouldn't be using today.

It's not hard.

3 minutes ago, Clarkyyy said:

Aye we should of dropped John too cos Halliday was good against Falkirk. 

He has defenders worried the whole time he is on the park .

He finds the spaces and his work rate is brilliant

He plays very physical defenders better than most with his incredible ability to hold them off

Sadly he MISSES way to many gilt edged chances

And in our bigger games it's very costly

V Beggars new year

V Hivs recently

and today and that's not including games against the Accies at home where he missed incredible chances

Overall we have to get as much money as possible in the Summer from any sale if that happens

1 minute ago, Sket said:

Aye but he does so much for the team. 

I take your point, in fact I actually think he played quite well today. But I’d take Cummings doing a bit less for the team and Cummings sticking those two chances in the back of the net all day long. 

9 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I take your point, in fact I actually think he played quite well today. But I’d take Cummings doing a bit less for the team and Cummings sticking those two chances in the back of the net all day long. 

I was being sarcastic. He's fucking useless when it matters.

1 hour ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He cost us the game the one he was offside then a monute later they go up and score and then through on goal hits it straight at the keeper then they score a few sedonds later and then the last one to round it off.

The one when straight through was actually deflected but he should have shot quicker.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Morelos starting was the correct decision but Cummings should have come on a lot sooner than he did.

That's the thing they're down to 10 men and the game situation dictates that you have to bring on Cummings,Murty hesitated and simply lost the chance to take the initiative.

I would have preffered Cummings and Miller starting as Morelos drives me

crazy with his sitter misses. He is a tad lazy most of the game. 

Need a fit and hungry players for the 90 mins. Not just in spurts.

I don't see what the love in with Morelos is? 

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Morelos starting was the correct decision but Cummings should have come on a lot sooner than he did.

Indeed.

However if Cummings starts today and they would of been winning before the 69th minute.