Morelos over cummings

Clarkyyy

7 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

And where were they today? Windass done nothing after his goal and Goss was a passenger.

Im not denying that mate .  What im saying is i want a natural finisher whos proven it in big games up there .. will murty now drop windass & goss tho ?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

The OP states a simple question.

With no hesitation, it has to be Morelos for me, his overall game is far better.

Having said that, I would drop him for the next game after today's showing in the hope he will come back hungrier after being dropped.

When u play 1 up top he has to take the chances that come up .. fuck all this running the channels n that if he cant score 

Said it earlier in the week his misses today would be costly , he’s a good player and I’m happy to keep him but he’s vastly overrated and can’t be a guaranteed starter every week to rely on for goals , we make countless chances every match and he takes to many to get his goals.

We need to sign up Cummings and still get another forward or two of different abilities for options in a match.

1 minute ago, Clarkyyy said:

When u play 1 up top he has to take the chances that come up .. fuck all this running the channels n that if he cant score 

Don't know if you noticed it , but I did say "on today'showing" , plus, he is our top scorer btw.

We all have differing opinions and yes we're all feeling the hurt today mate .

I think it’s easy to criticise in defeat! Morelos isn’t anywhere near the finished article, not even close! However of the strikers we have he is best suited to play the lone front role. He missed a sitter but his presence and physicality allowed Johns cross to get to Candieas for the 2nd goal! 

Can he get better? Absolutely but until we have a central defence and midfield of a quality that affords us to play 4-4-2 then we should accept Morelos is the best we have as a loan front man and be glad we have him!

Just now, bornabear said:

The OP states a simple question.

With no hesitation, it has to be Morelos for me, his overall game is far better.

Having said that, I would drop him for the next game after today's showing in the hope he will come back hungrier after being dropped.

Not sure you can or it would make a difference 

His workrate is first class and surely that means he has the hunger 

He cares as you can see him getting head down when he misses .It frustrates me but  I like his honesty .

He works his socks off and terrifies defenders  

It's practice on the training ground at bring a finisher is what's needed I feel 

He has parts of his game that are infuriating ..Stll love the guy though 

59 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Don't know if you noticed it , but I did say "on today'showing" , plus, he is our top scorer btw.

We all have differing opinions and yes we're all feeling the hurt today mate .

He wasnt picked to start today on todays showing bro .. he was picked based on the falkirk game where he wasnt as good as cummings

There shouldn't even be an argument both players should be starting and drop Windass because after his goal (which  I won 50 quid on btw) he fuckin disappeared, his job was done and he packed up tools, Cummings should of been on at HT for me.

I won't be blaming Morelos for his misses costing us the game, shocking yes but we conceded 3 sloppy goals that should of been defended a lot better our defence cost us today not oureally misses.

4 hours ago, Clarkyyy said:

Said it last week on the threads about this  .. you say you need to play well to keep your place .. u bench a guy who scored a hattrick last game for a guy whos missed a few sitters .. one on one the guys clueless .. everyone told me morelos game is much better than cummings .. today he offered nothing except 2 chances that im confident cummings would have scored ..  fucking torture 

He was Rangers best player the first chance he tried to put it in the corner took a deflection of the defenders boot - no excuse for the second should have buried it 

Boyd hit the nail on the head re Morelos for me: give him time on the ball or a floated cross, when he has time to think, he’s capable of scoring great goals. But he is not an instinctive finisher, doesn’t know where the goal is if the ball comes to him suddenly. Good player but they are not the attributes of a lone striker.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Bufalo fucking bullied that whole defence for an hour. Missed two chances now he’s shite?

Cummings isn’t half the player.

He's a liability in front of goal fucken usless and his offside to his best part of his game is holding ball up but rest needs improvement vastly 

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Bufalo fucking bullied that whole defence for an hour. Missed two chances now he’s shite?

Cummings isn’t half the player.

I dont think hes shite .. hes a quality player .. but in a game where you only get 1 or 2 chances you cant have a striker who scores 1 in 5

Just now, gers31 said:

He's a liability in front of goal fucken usless and his offside to his best part of his game is holding ball up but rest needs improvement vastly 

If top goalscorer in the league is useless then everycunt wants to chuck it.

No denying he should have done better but doesn’t deserve the hate he gets off our fans. We had Waghorn and Garner up front last year ffs.

Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

No denying he should have done better but doesn’t deserve the hate he gets off our fans. We had Waghorn and Garner up front last year ffs.

Waghorn cooodni score 1 on 1 against them either .. he scored 20 odd aswell mind 

Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

Ohhh the top scorer even windass just leveled top scoring spot with morelos in big games he don't score shit 

Just now, Clarkyyy said:

I dont think hes shite .. hes a quality player .. but in a game where you only get 1 or 2 chances you cant have a striker who scores 1 in 5

No arguments mate he should have took them chances, 2nd especially.

Wee man has been class all season, just fucked it past few games against them unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Aye you’re right he’s shite.....

He needs to Finnish they easy chances m8 ffs that was a sitter today it was on a plate for him that's food and drink to a quality striker 

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

No arguments mate he should have took them chances, 2nd especially.

Wee man has been class all season, just fucked it past few games against them unfortunately. 

My point is he was poor against falkirk whereas cummings scored 3 good goals .. and hes bottled it against the tarriers before ?