Clarkyyy

Morelos over cummings

Cummings should be our main striker as he actually scores!

Shoukd have stuck him in there after his hat trick last week. B

He should have scored obviously but his hold up play and general work rate is excellent. I’m not saying Cummings is worse but Morelos is good as one up top

Big fan of his work rate, but the fact Murty took so long to bring Cummings on after the sending off shows his decision making and reading the game is below par. To say I’m gutted is an understatement. Bottled it.

• Like 4

Can see why Murty went with Morelos - he does hold the ball up and cause a nuisance of himself...does need to be benched to see what Cummings can bring 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

He should have scored obviously but his hold up play and general work rate is excellent. I’m not saying Cummings is worse but Morelos is good as one up top

Not in big games he isn't. He didn' score and missed a open goal again. We lost the game....but aye he was gid eh?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Not in big games he isn't. He didn' score and missed a open goal again. We lost the game....but aye he was gid eh?

I agree he should have scored at least two. But I still think he played well in other ways. Listen I’m gutted he missed that too believe me, but I don’t think Cummings upfront alone is the answer. 

• Like 2

Put him on the bench, give a chance to Cummings. And next time chinese mob gives you hell of a money, take it and run. 

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Simply can't rely on Morelos in big games, whenever he Gets z golden chance he bottles it every time

It's like Boyd, scores for fun against shite but against the top sides when it matters does fuck all.

That' 2 OF games in a row Morelos has costs us points when it was harder to miss. Simply abysmal and it makes it even more ludicrous the posters on here thinking a EPL side would ever be in for him,

Spot on - be lucky to get Barrie McKay money for him now.

Only 3 goals v top 6 sides tells you all you need to know.

• Like 1

I'd have started Morelos too. Sorry, I know Cummings is on form, but - despite today - Morelos is still one of our best players and, at his best, offers something a player like Cummings never will. The flipside to that is that I'd have brought Cummings on much sooner. 

• Like 2

Said it for a while he's not as good as we think he is and it's absolutely criminal we didn't take the big money offers we got for him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

I'd have started Morelos too. Sorry, I know Cummings is on form, but - despite today - Morelos is still one of our best players and, at his best, offers something a player like Cummings never will. The flipside to that is that I'd have brought Cummings on much sooner. 

One of the things of a good squad is you need to take your chanxe when it comes .. jason done that last week & against ross county when morelos couldnt .. he deserved a start today

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Said it for a while he's not as good as we think he is and it's absolutely criminal we didn't take the big money offers we got for him.

He will go for 2 or 3 million in a season of two and we will look like utter tits.

• Like 1

Somewhere in the Netherlands, Peter van Vossen has just breathed a huge sigh of relief.

• Like 2

We should've taken that £10m offer for Morelos and used it to bring in 3-4 players of real quality in the summer.  That would've increased quality throughout the team and taken us up a level.  I would be more confident of a title challenge next season had we done that.  We could've seen out the rest of this season with Cummings and wouldn't have been any worse off.

• Like 1

He cost us the game the one he was offside then a monute later they go up and score and then through on goal hits it straight at the keeper then they score a few sedonds later and then the last one to round it off.

• Like 1

That is one of the worst misses I’ve ever seen today. Cummings looked sharp when he came on. Morelos has to be 2nd choice after today for me. 

I wish we’d taken the money. If there was in fact a bid