We need a manager

5 hours ago, RDB14 said:

To be fair you can't blame Murty for Morelos misses at 2-2 and 2-3 and both his first choice centre backs being injured.

If morelos scores at 2 2 then murty is a great manager.would have been 4 or 5.

Fuckin hell, murty cant control his players missin sitters.

MORELOS fucked us the day noone else

5 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

Shite defending and more pathetic finishing from Morelos aside, today has proved how badly we need an experienced manager. At 2-2 with them down to ten men Rodgers makes a change straight away while Murty does fuck all. Bringing Cummings on and putting pressure on them constantly for the last half hour and we would have had a real chance of beating them. I like Murty as a man but we need better, we’ve got decent players and with a couple of new additions we will have a real chance next season but we need a manager with better tactical knowledge to change as the game develops, Murty isn’t that man.

I wonder why Murty didn’t go two up immediately after the sending off. Instead he waited till we were behind. 

Or why he didn’t ask his players to pop at goal at every opportunity knowing it was their no3 in goals

Or why he didn’t straight swap Morelos and Cummings knowing Goss can pass properly and Use the wings to stretch those 10 players

I wonder a lot about Murty’s tactics today.  An awfy lot btw. 

He needs to learn tactical wins during a game. Do that and he’s a good one. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I wonder why Murty didn’t go two up immediately after the sending off. Instead he waited till we were behind. 

Or why he didn’t ask his players to pop at goal at every opportunity knowing it was their no3 in goals

Or why he didn’t straight swap Morelos and Cummings knowing Goss can pass properly and Use the wings to stretch those 10 players

Your right to question some of his decisions possibly but he can't go and do it for the players they must step onto the pitch and do the job. 

I think murty will get it regardless unless we finish 3rd or something simply because there is already 3 sets of managers players in our dressing room. I think to get a fresh guy in would be writing off the progress we have made and starting again.

Also dont think jimmy nic is here for just 6months then hes out the game again.. No manager is gonna come in alone 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I find the obsession with “2 strikers” baffling tbh, the very top teams in Europe like Manchester City, Bayern, etc (people say Barca play a 2 but it’s 2 false 9s) all play 1 out and out “striker” with someone off of them and attack with inside forwards. 1 striker can turn into 2,3 even 4 in a flash.

we almost play 2 strikers anyway with Windass playing as a shadow striker attacking the space beyond the centre-half’s.4-4-2 died because managers realised centre half’s enjoy 4-4-2 because they can man mark a striker each and there’s no confusion, but 1 up and 1 off leads to uncertainty.

The teams that play 4-4-2 successfully are all counter attacking teams like Leicester and Atlético Madrid, not ones that dominate the ball.

The real issue was celtics change to a counter-attacking strategy after the red and we started making poor decisions and lost our discipline.

3 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

I find the obsession with “2 strikers” baffling tbh, the very top teams in Europe like Manchester City, Bayern, etc (people say Barca play a 2 but it’s 2 false 9s) all play 1 out and out “striker” with someone off of them and attack with inside forwards. 1 striker can turn into 2,3 even 4 in a flash.

we almost play 2 strikers anyway with Windass playing as a shadow striker attacking the space beyond the centre-half’s.4-4-2 died because managers realised centre half’s enjoy 4-4-2 because they can man mark a striker each and there’s no confusion, but 1 up and 1 off leads to uncertainty.

The teams that play 4-4-2 successfully are all counter attacking teams like Leicester and Atlético Madrid, not ones that dominate the ball.

The real issue was celtics change to a counter-attacking strategy after the red and we started making poor decisions and lost our discipline.

11 v 11 yes I agree 

but they had 10 men so two up front immediately was the way to go. Stretch them wide to create the space  

I don’t think for a second it’s Murty’s fault. If the players showed even half the commitment they did in the first half we would have strolled it when they went down to ten. Instead they played too many passes, took ages to do anything and allowed them to pack 11 men behind the ball. 

Murty couldn’t stop Morelos missing two sitters, nor could he stop two of our fucking defenders be turned inside out by one flick of the ball for their third.

10 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I don’t think for a second it’s Murty’s fault. If the players showed even half the commitment they did in the first half 

It's Murty's job to motivate the players and get them performing at an acceptable level.  If they players aren't performing, then they're not responding to Murty, and therefore we need a new manager.  The buck stops with the manager.

20 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If they players aren't performing, then they're not responding to Murty, and therefore we need a new manager.

But they did respond to him. In the first half we fucking rocked those cunts and individual errors cost us two shitey goals.

I guarantee you that Dembele wouldn’t have scored if Bates was on the park.

43 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I don’t think for a second it’s Murty’s fault. If the players showed even half the commitment they did in the first half we would have strolled it when they went down to ten. Instead they played too many passes, took ages to do anything and allowed them to pack 11 men behind the ball. 

Murty couldn’t stop Morelos missing two sitters, nor could he stop two of our fucking defenders be turned inside out by one flick of the ball for their third.

The buck stops with Murty he had plenty of time to change the tactics and personnel and he somehow managed to lose a game against 10 men at home. It's unforgivable and he should be moved back into the youth setup after the summer.

6 minutes ago, Bydo said:

But they did respond to him. In the first half we fucking rocked those cunts and individual errors cost us two shitey goals.

I guarantee you that Dembele wouldn’t have scored if Bates was on the park.

You forget Boyata's error that allowed Windass to run clean through on goal?  Both teams made stupid mistakes.  At 60mins the game was 2-2 and we had numerical advantage you think Murty was right now to make a tactical change and exploit that?  I'm not seeing tactical nous from Murty he's mirrored celtic's 4-2-3-1 formation and doesn't know what to do when it doesn't work.  The players looked out of ideas and resigned to defeat towards the end.  

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

He needs to learn his trade at a smaller club Rangers should not be his first job in management.  The same was true of McCoist and after that disaster I didn't think we'd put an amateur in the dugout ever again.  A few years later and here we are with a youth coach managing the first-team.  Will we ever fucking learn?

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He needs to learn his trade at a smaller club Rangers should not be his first job in management.  The same was true of McCoist and after that disaster I didn't think we'd put an amateur in the dugout ever again.  A few years later and here we are with a youth coach managing the first-team.  Will we ever fucking learn?

The last 2 chaps we had in charge both had success in their cvs and had managed elsewhere, he’s done fine, when he took over I’d have been happy to finish ahead of Aberdeen and shut the gap on celtic, we're on course to do that. He’s improved the team and given himself a shot at it.

The semi-final is huge in deciding if the board will back him in the summer, I guarantee If we win the Scottish Cup people on here will want him offered a 4 year deal.

We need to appreciate the process more and not get carried away every time we put 2 results together or lose 1 game, we’re now only 3-4 players away and at this time last season we were maybe 10 players away from them.

53 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

The top teams in Europe have the best players around to be able to play they formations. They have midfielders that can pass quickly and on point, have the right movement and know what areas of the pitch they should be in for each play. We have Morelos isolated and a long ball down the channel for him.

I’m not a fan of 4-4-2 either btw and wouldn’t use it every game but sometimes you have to use something a bit different to what we have done.

As much as I like Windass compared to most playing a number 10 type that’s between their midfield & defence and wants to run behind was pointless because we weren’t playing the ball in that area of the pitch. The only time we tried he got a shot at goal before Morelos sitter. In the first half we could see the midfield 2 were struggling, especially Goss. The 2nd half needed a change and if we were going to just play long ball or attack down the right side we should’ve went 2 upfront and taken off Windass & Goss for Cummings & Holt.

We have to be able to adapt to the game and circumstances of the game and today Murty failed to make any changes that helped us.

11 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

The last 2 chaps we had in charge both had success in their cvs and had managed elsewhere, he’s done fine, when he took over I’d have been happy to finish ahead of Aberdeen and shut the gap on celtic, we're on course to do that. He’s improved the team and given himself a shot at it.

The semi-final is huge in deciding if the board will back him in the summer, I guarantee If we win the Scottish Cup people on here will want him offered a 4 year deal.

We need to appreciate the process more and not get carried away every time we put 2 results together or lose 1 game, we’re now only 3-4 players away and at this time last season we were maybe 10 players away from them.

Under Murty's we've dropped 20 league points since October, conceded about 22 league goals, failed to win more than 4 league games in a row, can't beat celtic, and haven't won anything.  I don't think we are making progress our performance levels are about the same as under Warburton and Pedro.  We have closed the gap on Aberdeen and celtic but that's not because we're a better team, it's because Aberdeen and celtic have performed a lot worse this year.

Last season:

celtic finished the season with 103 points and a goal difference of +81

Aberdeen finished the seasson with 76pts and a goal difference of +39. 

Rangers finished the season with 67 points and a goal difference of +12

This season

celtic currently have 67 points and a goal difference of +39.  They're a lose worse than last year.

Aberdeen currently have 53 points and a goal difference of +10.  They're a lot worse than last year.

Rangers currently have 58 points and with 8 games left to play I doubt we'll finish with many more points than last season.  If we're making progress then it's minor.

Murty's starting 11 was what the majority of us predicted. His only mistake was not bringing Cummings on as soon as the red card happened. Apart from that, not much to blame him on. The majority of our players are not big occasion players right now.

Unless its a top name I think we should be careful what we wish for. Give me any British manager thats currently out of work that could do a better job than Murty... He deserves the the job even on a year by year  basis. I'd be fine with 

8 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

We're all hurting, angry and opinions and views will be all over the place so it's hard to get perspective. Could Murty have done better? Possibly. However, we've lost to a straight ball over thetop just before half time (after having arguably our 2 first choice centre halves missing), and further diabolical defending against 10 men. Those 2 goals were embarrassing. In addition, we've missed a few golden chances and our final ball/decision making was just off. We got into decent positions but just lacked that bit of composure.

We primarily lost today  because some players failed to do the very  basics.

There was a lot of encouragement to take from today though IMO. There really isn't much between the two teams. Goals change games and we were poor at both ends.

Have to disagree with the basics.

All good players / teams do the basics well, without fail.

If we can’t rely on ours, at both ends of the pitch, to do those when under a bit of pressure, we’re going nowhere fast.

1 hour ago, JentleJames said:

We’re still 10 players away.

This group are getting far too used to  not winning against that mob.

Today was a chance to step up & become heroes.

When the chips were down, there were no takers.

More worryingly, nobody looked like it, either.

19 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

Shite defending and more pathetic finishing from Morelos aside, today has proved how badly we need an experienced manager. At 2-2 with them down to ten men Rodgers makes a change straight away while Murty does fuck all. Bringing Cummings on and putting pressure on them constantly for the last half hour and we would have had a real chance of beating them. I like Murty as a man but we need better, we’ve got decent players and with a couple of new additions we will have a real chance next season but we need a manager with better tactical knowledge to change as the game develops, Murty isn’t that man.

Almost totally agree mate but...experience comes from experience,  making errors of judgement and or tactics and paying heavily for them is how that experience is gained (albeit against them cunts), would've been the same for Walter or Fergie in their day, but they learned from it, made them wiser...also, player error and missed opportunities cost us the game...it was a combo...the game was there for the taking, even before the red card...we started well and played well in stints, not as fluid as we have been against lesser sides cos brendas tactics stopped us from doing it and Murty didn't counter act it...but at least we've improved a bit from the 5-1 shite days, that's a positive.

I do think Murty needs to lose his allegiance to certain individuals and start picking players on merit and their current form and not just because he wants to show them he has faith in them, doesn't work like that...give people a couple of chances maybe but there comes a point...

That said... Murty has plenty going for him, even tho he's still learning; both the players and supporters in general, appeared more positive and confident with our progress, (though some Bears' do expect miracles sooner than others) - we're developing a nice style of play - we've had a good little run - we've had several big names out injured yet we're sitting 2nd with a wee bit of a buffer - we're starting to worry teams again - we're scoring plenty goals (still need 2 CB's tho) - & still have a Semi final to look forward to and to top that, our new players are going great guns!...Great job Graeme and the rest of the staff , thank you!

Fuck...If I was offered that when Pedro was in charge I'd have grabbed it by the baws...not so sure the experienced McInnes could have achieved such a turnaround in such a short space of time tbh...!

...As far as the game's concerned, I've racked it and stacked it!......wasting no more time or energy grinding ma fkn teeth and moping about it...it's done and dealt wi... them cunts never beat us...we did!

I'm just looking forward to fucking them over in the Cup now and watching our improvement for the rest of the season,  still plenty of exciting times ahead...MON THE GERS!!

WATP!