Goss

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Not sure I agree ..

Dembele scored a hat-trick last year for them in his. Sutton ran riot likewise all O'Neill's new signings in their 6-2 game.

Albertz, Amoruso, Flo, Arteta, Bo Andersen all did well in their debuts for us in the fixture.

It depends on the player. If the player has the right mentality coupled with talent he can cope.

I can't think of too many that had a shocking Old Firm debut and then done anything of note with us outwith the likes of Gio and Numan in the 5-1 defeat and Ricksen's debut but Ricksen got moved position into midfield before we seen him resemble anything like a player. 

Laudrup was dreadful.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Exactly, I've seen some very talented players come here and Old Firm game shave passed them by.  Goss has been great for us and he's still very young.  More to the point, where does the OP get this figure of £3m?  Goss isn't for sale QPR couldn't make that any clearer.

Played two tough team, cost us three goals and been shite in them.

£3 million seemed to be what people mentioned in a previous.

2 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Same case though, all nice and pretty against ross county but unable to track back 20 yards or put a foot in, can get that right to fuck

Toral never impressed me ataw tbh

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Laudrup was dreadful.

Wasn't Laudrup's Old Firm debut the game at Hampden we won 3-1 and he scored? no there was a game before that we got beat - just seen it.

Still don't think it matters much, it depends on the player.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Played two tough team, cost us three goals and been shite in them.

Toral never impressed me ataw tbh

He was gash and like you mentioned Goss is far better but both cannot defend at all man, desperately need a DM, preferably not Jack

Just now, cushynumber said:

Was it? I thought he got huckled after an hour of anonymity in his debut. Might be thinking of a different game.

No I think you are correct. There was a game before that one that season where we got beat 2-0 at Ibrox. I thought the 3-1 was the first Old Firm that season.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

QPR have stated on a few occasions that the player isn't for sale.  Murty interpreted that situation as being "fluid" but was quickly corrected by the QPR manager.  He's not for sale and wont be signing on a permanent deal for Rangers.  This figure of £3m, whoever mentioned it, has been plucked out the sky.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Not sure I agree ..

Dembele scored a hat-trick last year for them in his. Sutton ran riot likewise all O'Neill's new signings in their 6-2 game.

Albertz, Amoruso, Flo, Arteta, Bo Andersen all did well in their debuts for us in the fixture.

It depends on the player. If the player has the right mentality coupled with talent he can cope.

I can't think of too many that had a shocking Old Firm debut and then done anything of note with us outwith the likes of Gio and Numan in the 5-1 defeat and Ricksen's debut but Ricksen got moved position into midfield before we seen him resemble anything like a player. 

Did gio and numan not play in a 0-0 at ibrox before venglos thumped us at parkhead, sure we played them at ibrox first that season

8 hours ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Goss was dreadful today.

Looked every bit the part a QPR reserve/squad player.

Disgusted with him for his part in 3rd goal - lazy and pathetic.

Go back and watch him at the 1st goal every bit as bad as he was at the 3rd

Shat it big time for their first. As much as it was a great strike he hits rogic there thaf goal doesn’t happen. Even if he was never winning the ball take him and pick up the card. Set the tone for the rest of his day really.

15 hours ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

Goss was dreadful today.

Looked every bit the part a QPR reserve/squad player.

Disgusted with him for his part in 3rd goal - lazy and pathetic.

Goss has had a few good games, he ain't the answer, yea he is good at set pieces Jack gets in and breaks the play up far better.  Goss is not what we should be looking at.