Morelos

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The one on one is the worst IMO. You could see all day long their player was sliding in to block it. A bit of fucking composure and let him slide bring it back and it’s in. Unreal. 

The open goal is a fucking disgraceful miss. 

Aye but he scores the hard ones. Doesn’t fucking matter if he misses crucial chances

If he scored the tap in the 1on1 wouldn't be as bad, but too miss them both, fuck me, he needs dropped for Cummings

Poor finishing from Morelos today but tav, candeais, John an Murphys service wasn’t good enough today either they had good games overall plenty effort but final ball needed to Be better 

I’ve seen a lot of criticism of windass docherty an goss but again I don’t think they were bad today just not probably as effective in parts today as they have been in other games

the centre back position is a major problem an will continue to cost us points in games for the rest of the season until it’s sorted in the summer

when back fit Bates an McCrorie are the best pairing by the looks of it till the seasons over but it’s not the answer

Was the difference today. their strikers scored with the only chances they were given. Ours didnt.

Off the ball worked hard and caused problems. 

In front of goals really really poor. We have all said that a few times this year. 

He could be on 20-25 in the league no bother.

1 minute ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

What a fucking terrible thread, short sightedness at it best. We have been crying out for a striker that can score 20 a season for the past 5 years and you want to start a thread about him missing the open goal. What’s the solution then inspector gadget? So you would of been happy with a 3-3 draw that would of been enough for you? Young lad that missed an easy goal yes I agree but if you think the lad is shite and needs to be sold them thank fuck your not the manager.

Team performance and as someone else pointed our to me earlier the tactics were not good enough to win today’s match. As for the standard slaughter the players thread think this one is a very narrow minded ? 

The whole team died the death when we were up 2-1 because we are not fit enough. There is no way anybody can excuse Morelos for that display of ridiculous finishing once again.

10 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

The whole team died the death when we were up 2-1 because we are not fit enough. There is no way anybody can excuse Morelos for that display of ridiculous finishing once again.

Totally agree when we were 2-1 up we had to score the next goal. Not sure if it’s was fitness, bottle or talent that let us down but I don’t think it’s time to start the rebuilding. We have a good foundation and are closer now than we have ever been. If we keep the same team and add well in the summer I would be confident for next season.

Just now, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

Totally agree when we were 2-1 up we had to score the next goal. Not sure if it’s was fitness, bottle or talent that let us down but I don’t think it’s time to start the rebuilding. We have a good foundation and are closer now than we have ever been. If we keep the same team and add well in the summer I would be confident for next season.

I'd say it was more to do with bottle on and off the park.  At the sight of them being going to 10 men we should have went for it.  They took the gamble which ultimately paid off (albeit thanks to our stupid mistakes) and we never. 

I am glad they are hurting though.  Under MW and Pedro I never got that impression. As I have said in other threads I don't take much from today but from the knowledge that we have the chance to beat them in a few weeks and build on our foundations for next season.