Morelos

1 minute ago, MasterD said:

The ball in generally only in play for about 60-65 minutes so you won’t get 90 minutes from anyone.

:whistle:

What age are you, 3?

That's still 50 minutes more than you get from Windass, but then again, still worth 200 mil seeing he's got better stat's than Messi.

:mutley:

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Just embarrassing yourself now. Wee guy does a great job for the team. 

In the last two pages of this thread he's said, our number 10, a position which is purely an attacking outlet for majority of teams, has great stats but doesn't work hard enough so he's shite.

Before that saying Morelos, our lone striker, a position that is always going to have to work hard covering the front line chasing down defenders no matter what team, should just be a poacher.

He's clueless

54 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

What age are you, 3?

That's still 50 minutes more than you get from Windass, but then again, still worth 200 mil seeing he's got better stat's than Messi.

:mutley:

You've just argued that Morelos should be judged on goals/ misses ie stats, not how hard he works.

Then say this about Windass?

A lone striker should be working/ running harder than a number 10. Number 10s are usually in sides to provide creativity not chase everything down.

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

I don't think wanting to sell someone for what I consider to be good money/more than they're worth to strengthen other areas of the team is an unbelievable mentality or even close to it. 

Okay, we’ll that’s not what you said. The China money, if you believe it, isn’t on the table anymore so what fee would you be happy we sold him for? That’s a different debate, and one we could have with all our players tbh. 

Just now, James Rolle said:

Okay, we’ll that’s not what you said. The China money, if you believe it, isn’t on the table anymore so what would fee would you be happy we sold him for? That’s a different debate. 

Well it's what I meant

Think he's worth about £6m but would hope for close to £10m

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

Yes drop a striker that doesn’t score!

Drop our best player and only physical presence?  Morelos does so much more for us than score goals, it would be crazy to drop him.  It would be akin to them dropping Brown.

Morelos is getting slaughtered on here for his miss on Sunday.  Not excusing his miss but arguably Windass had just as good a chance to score when it was 2-1.

Morelos was a nobody when we signed him for a relative pittance, he’s 21 & nowhere near an accomplished striker.  

We’re getting more value out of him than I certainly expected. 

He frustrates the hell out of me (esp getting caught offside on sun) but overall he’s a very important & productive player in our team. 

If he continues to get into goal scoring positions and his decision making improves I think we’ve got a right good player here. 

On 14/03/2018 at 15:12, Ibroxholm said:

Drop our best player and only physical presence?  Morelos does so much more for us than score goals, it would be crazy to drop him.  It would be akin to them dropping Brown.

Morelos is getting slaughtered on here for his miss on Sunday.  Not excusing his miss but arguably Windass had just as good a chance to score when it was 2-1.

Agreed . 

22 minutes ago, backup said:

Sorry, thought the thread was about morelos.

Seems perfectly relevant to mention Cummings in a thread about Morelos as he is the main alternative we have at present time, or would be the obvious choice to team up with him.

24 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Clearly didn’t watch the game or know fuck all about football if you don’t think he missed/messed up three golden chances. 

At the game, recorded and watched it when I came home, 2 chances, first one defender managed to get a touch and deflect the ball to keeper, second one from 3 yards - no excuse - third one - what fuckin third one ??

FFS, think the Morelos thread is getting as colourful as the Windass ones.

At the end of the day we did miss an opportunity for a variety of reasons, but as they say, we  win as a team and we lose as a team.

I personally think we have improved and have better players, but the one thing the scum always seem to carry is luck and that is along with their indemic cheating that I remember back in the day. They are bad losers and victims extrordinaire, but the bastards will fight to the end by whatever means. 

I know it's easy to blame specific players in defeat, as you do in the disappointment, but at the end of the day we put it behnd us and move on and hope the players and the manager learn from it. 

Neither Morelos or Windass are bad cunts and they try in the only way they know how. Donning the blue jersey carries a mighty responsibility and can weigh heavily, particularly on the younger guys, so the nerves come into it, nobody wants to make mistake and many try too hard to get that victory goal and it can all fall to pieces, right in front of 50,000 fans baying for blood.

Still early days actually for all our newer and older players to blend, but they will get there.

Both Windass and Morelos have indeed got something. In Windass's case, I don't think he knows what he's got and has to take more risks and believe in himself more. For Morelos I think a tough and persistent emotional character who tries too hard, so his composure ends up going to fuck. He looks thoroughly demoralised when he misses. Looks like they need more experience and build up more belief in themselves.

We just need to get that scum monkey off our back. Stand taller and the chests out and no holding us back.

We go into the Kilmarnock game and we could get beat and players will get slaughtered. It's difficult to remember in defeat that we are not all that, yet, but It will come, and in the meantime, those poor bastards that have to don that famous blue jersey have got to step up every time they cross that white line. It's not easy.

Both of these lads should get much better, in spite of the shite I might spout, So, it's onwards to victory!

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

At the game, recorded and watched it when I came home, 2 chances, first one defender managed to get a touch and deflect the ball to keeper, second one from 3 yards - no excuse - third one - what fuckin third one ??

Neglected to mention the one where he was in 1v1 after a lovely pass from Murphy but failed to hold his run and was called offside. Exacerbated by the fact he was looking across the fucking line! 

3 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Neglected to mention the one where he was in 1v1 after a lovely pass from Murphy but failed to hold his run and was called offside. Exacerbated by the fact he was looking across the fucking line! 

so you class that as a golden chance - fuck sake - and for the record if Murphy had the chance to play the ball earlier when the buffalo was onside but took to long - fuckin can't believe you classed that as a golden chance 

32 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

FFS, think the Morelos thread is getting as colourful as the Windass ones.

At the end of the day we did miss an opportunity for a variety of reasons, but as they say, we  win as a team and we lose as a team.

I personally think we have improved and have better players, but the one thing the scum always seem to carry is luck and that is along with their indemic cheating that I remember back in the day. They are bad losers and victims extrordinaire, but the bastards will fight to the end by whatever means. 

I know it's easy to blame specific players in defeat, as you do in the disappointment, but at the end of the day we put it behnd us and move on and hope the players and the manager learn from it. 

Neither Morelos or Windass are bad cunts and they try in the only way they know how. Donning the blue jersey carries a mighty responsibility and can weigh heavily, particularly on the younger guys, so the nerves come into it, nobody wants to make mistake and many try too hard to get that victory goal and it can all fall to pieces, right in front of 50,000 fans baying for blood.

Still early days actually for all our newer and older players to blend, but they will get there.

Both Windass and Morelos have indeed got something. In Windlass's case, I don't think he knows what he's got and has to take more risks and believe in himself more. For Morelos I think a tough and persistent emotional character who tries too hard, so his composure ends up going to fuck. He looks thoroughly demoralised when he misses. Looks like they need more experience and build up more belief in themselves.

We just need to get that scum monkey off our back. Stand taller and the chests out and no holding us back.

We go into the Kilmarnock game and we could get beat and players will get slaughtered. It's difficult to remember in defeat that we are not all that, yet, but It will come, and in the meantime, those poor bastards that have to don that famous blue jersey have got to step up every time they cross that white line. It's not easy.

Both of these lads should get much better, in spite of the shite I might spout, So, it's onwards to victory!

That can get to fuck.