Morelos

It was a howler of a miss that should have got us at least a draw but he starts ahead of Cummings for me every time. He leads the line well and works the channels. When Cummings played up top himself the ball didn’t stick and would come straight back at us. We should thought have went two up top when they went down to ten.

11 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

It was a howler of a miss that should have got us at least a draw but he starts ahead of Cummings for me every time. He leads the line well and works the channels. When Cummings played up top himself the ball didn’t stick and would come straight back at us. We should thought have went two up top when they went down to ten.

Cummings has  only played up top once on his own and it was against partick and i think he did a good job that night, let him have a run in the team and he will score more than morelos.

We are so in need a of a good central defence pairing, Bates and McCrorie would be my choice, the defending., or lack of it for their goals was fucking awful, especially their third, never ever let a striker go inside like that, show him the line ffs, it's pretty basic stuff, as for Morelos, for me he misses too many easy chances, that last one was just fucking unbelievable!

Sorry I hate saying this but he is finished for me I want him sold ASAP he has cost us too many games I agree his all round game is decent but ultimately strikers are judged on Goals and big games he has cost us time and time again today was the final straw for me ! Get Cummings in for a run now let’s see if he can step up to the plate !

1 hour ago, Teamgers said:

We are so in need a of a good central defence pairing, Bates and McCrorie would be my choice, the defending., or lack of it for their goals was fucking awful, especially their third, never ever let a striker go inside like that, show him the line ffs, it's pretty basic stuff, as for Morelos, for me he misses too many easy chances, that last one was just fucking unbelievable!

Absolutely spot on!!! It was basic defending fundamentals we didn’t do  and Morelos  is finished I’m my eyes too many sitters in big games !

Last three old firm games he's missed glaring opportunities, it's his job as a striker to score goals, they were all sitters and undoubtedly cost us points, if it was anyone else in the team they to would deserve the criticism he's getting, I know he's young but it doesn't matter what age you are when costing us games/points, should be benched for a couple of games imo. 

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Should he have scored today?  Yes. 

He's still only 21 and is still developing.  The  boy is a cracking player and it may be a cliche but there is a lot more to his game.  He needs more support further forward.

He's pish. So he gets busy at times, but never quality

There is one worse of course and neither are what we need.

2 hours ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

What a fucking terrible thread, short sightedness at it best. We have been crying out for a striker that can score 20 a season for the past 5 years and you want to start a thread about him missing the open goal. What’s the solution then inspector gadget? So you would of been happy with a 3-3 draw that would of been enough for you? Young lad that missed an easy goal yes I agree but if you think the lad is shite and needs to be sold them thank fuck your not the manager.

Team performance and as someone else pointed our to me earlier the tactics were not good enough to win today’s match. As for the standard slaughter the players thread think this one is a very narrow minded ? 

Fuck off man ??.

I rate Morelos but it's become a regular thing, missing big chances in big games against the scum, which can't be excused because he scores in the other games.

Murtys tactics were fine till they got a man sent off, should have brought Cummings on the min they were down to ten, and his tactics don't make the goals any bigger btw.

Morelos has missed some big sitters this season and it's becoming a pattern with him.  We need to find a way to get him and Cummings on the park at the same time.  Maybe that's a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 but we need both on together.  

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Morelos has missed some big sitters this season and it's becoming a pattern with him.  We need to find a way to get him and Cummings on the park at the same time.  Maybe that's a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 but we need both on together.  

Used to think that, but he would spit the dummy oot, as he likes all the glory. Would only drag Cummings down. The guy's a legend in in his own mind. Well, together with Murty's and a few moon units in here.

Cummings is his own man and certainly no need for Morelos, when there are better in Murphy, Docherty and Goss to support him.