Morelos

4 minutes ago, hugonot said:

i feel sorry for him i would hate to be in his shoes yesterday at 2pm; hopefuly he can put it behind him though I think he will  he has to for the semi final hes got a point to prove now

If we go into the semi with him and Windass as starters, we would be as well not turning up. Windass doesn't support him, far less the midfield in general. He will be isloated, burst his erse and get frustrated to fuck with no end product. Not all his fault, but he does lack in the mentality stakes and how we are set up does him no favours.

1 hour ago, Zulu said:

This is the guy that goes in the huff when he gets pulled thinks he is better than he is we have got to give Cummings a chance

I hear what you are saying and he does have that problem. I want Cummings starting, but I am not convinced Murty has us set up properly. Watching the scum, their play is always to feed Dembele. We on the other hand appear more selfish in that players are allowed to play for themselves and not have the striker as the main man. Morelos spends a lot of time bursting his erse trying to get a ball, as will Cummings or any other striker we have.

Dembele hardly broke sweat as the balls were fed through to him. That's a disciplined and effective team ethic that we do not have, because clueless Murty allows his favourites to do what they fucking want. I noticed it long before the scum game. When Dembele doesn't score, it's not down to lack of service.

Morelos does lack in the compusure department, but bursting his erse all over the park to make things happen doesn't help. He gets frustrated as well as knackered, so he misses!

Morelos or Cummings will remain to struggle unless we have an effective game plan that's all about supporting these guys.

39 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

He’s obviously a player, anyone who can’t see that is mad. If we get anything close to the bid we receieved in January though I would sell. 

I would too but he still has a lot of goals in him I wouldnt be surprised if he got at least a brace against killie 

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

[b[He did not singlehandedly lose us the game[/b] - he was in the right position - he fluffed it - but that does not mean some 12 year old could convert these chances nor does it make him a poor striker. All strikers have bad spells - he will get through this as well and prove his worth.

also we win or lose as a team - Morelos was not responsible for the goals we conceded but in the need to apportion blame he is the current scapegoat. 

Not sure anyone is claiming he did 

From Rangers Report;

"That miss" was Alfredo Morelos' 18th shot from within 6 yard box (13 headed, 5 kicked). He has converted on only 22% of them (4 goals).

Next most is Steven MacLean (8), Dembele (7) & Scott Sinclair (7) with each. Conversion Rates: SM: 50%, MD: 71%, SS: 43%

4 minutes ago, backup said:

From Rangers Report;

"That miss" was Alfredo Morelos' 18th shot from within 6 yard box (13 headed, 5 kicked). He has converted on only 22% of them (4 goals).

Next most is Steven MacLean (8), Dembele (7) & Scott Sinclair (7) with each. Conversion Rates: SM: 50%, MD: 71%, SS: 43%

Backs up what I posted in the other thread. Not an instinctive finisher and never will be. Still a good player but not a lone striker.

As I said on another thread I thought he was Rangers best player, on his 2 attempts the first one took a slight deflection of the defenders boot which helped the keeper, the second one, no excuses was a sitter, but he is up front with little support and he gave their defence a torrid time so lets stop all this crap about we should have taken the money.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

I hear what you are saying and he does have that problem. I want Cummings starting, but I am not convinced Murty has us set up properly. Watching the scum, their play is always to feed Dembele. We on the other hand appear more selfish in that players are allowed to play for themselves and not have the striker as the main man. Morelos spends a lot of time bursting his erse trying to get a ball, as will Cummings or any other striker we have.

Dembele hardly broke sweat as the balls were fed through to him. That's a disciplined and effective team ethic that we do not have, because clueless Murty allows his favourites to do what they fucking want. I noticed it long before the scum game. When Dembele doesn't score, it's not down to lack of service.

Morelos does lack in the compusure department, but bursting his erse all over the park to make things happen doesn't help. He gets frustrated as well as knackered, so he misses!

Morelos or Cummings will remain to struggle unless we have an effective game plan that's all about supporting these guys.

More support required from the midfield here. He seems so isolated many times. 

23 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

As I said on another thread I thought he was Rangers best player, on his 2 attempts the first one took a slight deflection of the defenders boot which helped the keeper, the second one, no excuses was a sitter, but he is up front with little support and he gave their defence a torrid time so lets stop all this crap about we should have taken the money.

Spot on

If you take a step back and look at the whole package, he is a great prospect. Only 21, relatively quick and rag dolls CB's for fun. 

Its unfortunate that our fans (including myself) are pinning all our hopes on the one guy every game. In Rangers teams gone by we would have another striker to rely on and we could let morelos develop. Except he will be slaughtered by the media and then our own fans will join in eventually and will be branded shite and told to fuck off.

Ive seen some people say he isnt an instinctive striker but i disagree, his finishing needs a lot of work yes, but an non-instinctve striker doesnt get in positions to score, morelos does. The movement to get the opportunity to score in the first place is the hard bit.

Yesterday he missed a sitter and there is no excuse but he shouldnt be written off, its his first season fs. Having said that, he needs dropped, so cummings should get the nod next game. This will hopefully keep morelos grounded and let him know that he is not the finished article. We may not be an EPL club, but we are still massive in terms of support and pressure, he needs to prove himself here before he can even begin dreaming about the EPL.

3 hours ago, Vision said:

Having looked at that miss  again, I can't believe he use's his right foot, surely the more natural is the left. He does look a bit gangly at times when trying to control the ball also needs to work on his balance.

So poor control and balance can't finish or header and we turned 9.5 million down