Morelos

2 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

He’s a good player but we certainly need far more clinical strikers in the team to ever move on , been a few seasons like this now

Hes been our best forward in 6yr mate. Hes the 2nd top goal scorer no bad 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Hes been our best forward in 6yr mate. Hes the 2nd top goal scorer no bad 

Looking at the stats on the official website him and windass have played way more minutes than Boyd or the two tim strikers who would be challenging him.

The stats poster back up showed in an earlier post 4 goals from 18 6yard efforts is really poor from Alfredo wether you like his hold up play or not 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Cummings is the more natural finisher but he couldn't do what morelos done for the team yesterday. Wee man ran them stupid 

Great and I don’t disagree but when it came to the crunch and being in the position he’s paid to be....he failed, twice and now 4 times against that mob! 

2 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Looking at the stats on the official website him and windass have played way more minutes than Boyd or the two tim strikers who would be challenging him.

The stats poster back up showed in an earlier post 4 goals from 18 6yard efforts is really poor from Alfredo wether you like his hold up play or not 

Course it is but its a huge upgrade on the last 6years ...Thats undeniable 

2 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

Great and I don’t disagree but when it came to the crunch and being in the position he’s paid to be....he failed, twice and now 4 times against that mob! 

Thats something that he will need to deal with until he batters in a few v them people are gonna doubt him

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Cummings is the more natural finisher but he couldn't do what morelos done for the team yesterday. Wee man ran them stupid 

That'll be how we won then?!

There should be no need for him to try and run anyone stupid, as our playing system should be on feeding him, not him running around like a crazed jackal trying to make his own plays because of lack of support from others. Particularly Windass who supposedly sits behind him. There is no relationship there and that is one thing Murty has failed to put right in his many blind spots.

21 hours ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

Totally agree when we were 2-1 up we had to score the next goal. Not sure if it’s was fitness, bottle or talent that let us down but I don’t think it’s time to start the rebuilding. We have a good foundation and are closer now than we have ever been. If we keep the same team and add well in the summer I would be confident for next season.

Bottle!  Had them shitting it. Don’t know if it was a coaching decision but it looked like we were playing like we had won the game. 

Shouldve put them to the sword especially when they were down to 10 men. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

That'll be how we won then?!

There should be no need for him to try and run anyone stupid, as our playing system should be on feeding him, not him running around like a crazed jackal trying to make his own plays because of lack of support from others. Particularly Windass who supposedly sits behind him. There is no relationship there and that is one thing Murty has failed to put right in his many blind spots.

WTF its his job to run the line mate and he does that brilliantly. No easy to do that 

He looked emotionally shattered at his 2nd miss, I genuinely don't have any faith when he is one on one with a goalie but he scores goals when he has no right to, I hope he gets over this because we still need him banging in goals until the end of the season 

I like him but first and foremost his job is to score goals when it matters,in the last two games against them if he had scored his chances we would of beaten them twice.

its all well saying his hold up play etc is good but he needs to put the ball in the back of the fucking net when it matters.

time to give Cummings a run in the team 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

A certain Ally McCoist couldn’t hit a barn door when he was Mo’s age. 

Well said. Good strikers are around 23-24 when things start to happen. Hope we can keep him when that happens. FFS he’s only 21. Look at Harry Kane now. 

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Well said. Good strikers are around 23-24 when things start to happen. Hope we can keep him when that happens. FFS he’s only 21. Look at Harry Kane now. 

You honestly think Morelos will become as good a player as Kane? You on the glue? Kane is testing himself against the cream of Europe and Morelos is failing to convert clear cut chances against pishy wee diddy teams...that's the difference.

Felt sorry for him when he missed the sitter at the end yesterday. If there was one image to sum up how he's been in front of goal lately then it would be that...tap in to an empty net from 4 yards and he hits the post. He gets some credit as I thought he bossed their defence the whole game and ran them ragged...still, fucked up when it really mattered and the only stat that matters at the end of the day are the figures on the scoreboard.

6 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

You honestly think Morelos will become as good a player as Kane? You on the glue? Kane is testing himself against the cream of Europe and Morelos is failing to convert clear cut chances against pishy wee diddy teams...that's the difference.

See what Kane was doing when he was 21. They loaned him out. Your right there is a difference. Kane at 21 wasn’t playing against the cream of Europe. It’s an apprenticeship that’s going on here. Kane had the same problems. Do you think we can get the chance to play against the cream anytime soon?  Did I say anything about Morelos being as good as Kane? 

28 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

See what Kane was doing when he was 21. They loaned him out. Your right there is a difference. Kane at 21 wasn’t playing against the cream of Europe. It’s an apprenticeship that’s going on here. Kane had the same problems. Do you think we can get the chance to play against the cream anytime soon?  Did I say anything about Morelos being as good as Kane? 

At 21 Kane scored over 20 goals that season in the Premier League and over 30 in total in 51 games.  

8 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

At 21 Kane scored over 20 goals that season in the Premier League and over 30 in total in 51 games.  

Pretty sure McCoist still hit 20 in his first season and mostly got higher after that , but Morelos doesn’t even look close to being the same type of finisher especially in vital moments