Morelos

3 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

At 21 Kane scored over 20 goals that season in the Premier League and over 30 in total in 51 games.  

Yes, but Alfredo isn’t in the Premier League. He is close to 20 goals in our “pishy league with pishy wee diddy teams”. Not saying he is as good as Kane at all. It just takes time for players to adjust. FFS! He came from Colombia via Finland. Has played for a full 12 months now? League is done so give him a rest and see how he comes back. Second place should be secure now. 

On 11/03/2018 at 16:03, gmcf said:

Misses far too many sitters for me . 

I swear he shuts his eyes when he goes to header the ball . 

:tu: ..... Same here mate.

I have been battling to take to him since he arrived ....... all the "he's a young player, he'll improve as he get's older" is fine and well .... but it doesn't help when he misses game changing sitters that even me, at my age now, could put away comfortably  .... especially against the scum.

All my years supporting The Rangers I remember we always had strikers who could kill off teams with regular deadly strikes  .... out of nothing at times .... Morelos unfortunately does not get anywhere near any players of the past who were up for these crucial games.

So after yesterday I'm afraid he has done nothing to change my mind ..... we still need a proper striker who has composure under pressure .... and as we have him until 2020, I can only hope he gets his act together sooner rather than later or we are playing a man down if our out and out striker can't get the ball in the net from a yard out.

:UK:

So let's drop our top scorer and *possibly* one of our biggest financial assets on the OFF CHANCE that a loanee MIGHT decide to sign for us in the summer.   

Fuk me Morelos has missed some sitters recently but by fuk it didnt take folks long to turn on him.   I'd still like to see him and Cummings play 9 & 10 together to see how it pans out, its a very small risk as we'd only be dropping Windass.

Morelos is our best striker were would we be without his goals? he's the 2nd top goal scorer in the SPL just now. I doubt Cummings would have bullied their two centre halfs yesterday the way he did and even managed to get one of them sent off. He should have buried the chance from 2 yards out agreed but how many times have we looked to him to change a match or pull us out of a hole.

Kris Boyd was lambasted by the Rangers support for scoring against the rest but not turning up against the filth.

Morelos has missed sitters in every game he has played against them. I'm in no way comparing them, Morelos is by far the better all rounder, but the difference in fans reactions from then and now is staggering imo.

25 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Kris Boyd was lambasted by the Rangers support for scoring against the rest but not turning up against the filth.

Morelos has missed sitters in every game he has played against them. I'm in no way comparing them, Morelos is by far the better all rounder, but the difference in fans reactions from then and now is staggering imo.

Do you mean people are too easy on Morelos mate? 

16 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Do you mean people are too easy on Morelos mate? 

To an extent, yes. 

I don't want everycunt abusing Morelos, but the people I have spoken to after Sunday were much more vociferous in their criticism of KB all those years ago than they are of Morelos just now.

2 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

To an extent, yes. 

I don't want everycunt abusing Morelos, but the people I have spoken to after Sunday were much more vociferous in their criticism of KB all those years ago than they are of Morelos just now.

Fair enough. 

The way I've always seen it with Boyd is aye he never scored against them but he certainly scored enough to win us two league titles and a few cups along the way, so it worked out in the end. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Fair enough. 

The way I've always seen it with Boyd is aye he never scored against them but he certainly scored enough to win us two league titles and a few cups along the way, so it worked out in the end. 

Defo mate.

I love Kris Boyd and I love Morelos as well. He needs to start scoring against them, though.