Morelos

He can't head a ball. He can't score from a yard out. He has no composure. He misses many sitters. He doesn't get the offside rule.

He's 21 and sees himself in the EPL.

Now compare him to a 21 year old actually  playing in the EPL. Then have a look at the young Chelsea kid who can't get a game?

Spot the difference?!

The only EPL he will ever have a chance to play in is the Estonian one at a stretch.

This so called boy is thoroughly deluded as are those who think he is a talent and worth 11 mil. Nothing wrong with dreaming right enough.

Yes he's scored a few, mainly against dross and gets many opportunities by simply playing for us being a big fish in a small pond.

Back in the day, he wouldn't have been near a jersey in a reserve team, never mind the first. It only reflects just how starved of quality that we can barely recognise it and and just how low our aspirations are. We've regressed to glorifying mediocrity.

Boyd is now top league scorer with a waistline to match. He plays for a shitey wee team and gets few chances, but he does stick them away on the chances presented. He doesn't run all over the park bursting his erse getting nowhere. He simply does his job as a striker with minimal fuss. Now can this man play in the EPL?  Course he fucking can't!

Morelos has fight in him. He is a trier, he has scored a few, but he is not all that and as for 11 mil, aye right you are! 

Faith is one thing, but blind faith another and all the hype is exactly that. Our small glimmer of hope has been extinguished. It's now a fight for second place.

There is the semi, but I think it will take a miracle to turn them over. I doubt it matters much wether we play Cummings or Morelos or both as we just got quite a harsh reality check. We are still a mile off them. No point in all the what ifs. The scum took the initiative and laid us bare. Whilst we do now have some better players, the old weaknesses remain and until that's sorted, we don't make the challenge.

As for Morelos, he is what he is and he will continue to miss sitters and divide opinion, simply because he isn't that good, otherwise we wouldn't even be having the debate. However, he doesn't pick himself.

As for Cummings, treated shoddily imo and that's down to Murty and we paid dearly for it yesterday along with all his other ineptness.

Lastly, one thing is for sure, Morelos will move on as his sights are set elsewhere, as with Windass. They are not committed to the cause. We are not good enough, but a stepping stone to greater things in the minds of these two wannabees. Yet we have one with better talent imo, who loves us and is committed to the cause and he can hardly get game time, so we waste time and money trying to develop the former into something they will never be. 

That is the madness that is us these days and Murty is now part of the problem.

19 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

If he didn't have those basic attributes as a youth, he wont be getting them now. We are talking basic shooting practice here ffs. He doesn't have the composure and I doubt he ever will. Can't head a ball at 21 and can't tap in a goal at one yard out! FFS, he can't even get the fucking offside right. Ah but he runs around a lot and bullies defenders and constantly looks for fouls as he loses the ball. To achieve what? I want him getting past defenders and burying the ball in the back of the fucking net. Is it too much to ask of your number 1 striker?

Now compare his attributes to say Tav. Not the greatest defender I may add, but ffs he goes past players like they are not there. That attribute you cannot teach. He's always had that. It's natural and it's blossoming.

Now remind me of Morelos's natural talent.

See this whole 'natural goalscorer' pish that has been getting branded about lately it's bs.

If it is something you are born with, explain to me how certain strikers end up having a better career in their 30's than they do in their 20's? 

19 minutes ago, GT66 said:

See this whole 'natural goalscorer' pish that has been getting branded about lately it's bs.

If it is something you are born with, explain to me how certain strikers end up having a better career in their 30's than they do in their 20's? 

Wouldn’t Bother with him, he’ll be hanging out Morelos’ arse next week if he gets a goal.

22 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He can't head a ball. He can't score from a yard out. He has no composure. He misses many sitters. He doesn't get the offside rule.

Now compare him to a 21 year old actually  playing in the EPL. Then have a look at the young Chelsea kid who can't get a game?

Spot the difference?!

The only EPL he will ever have a chance to play in is the Estonian one at a stretch.

This so called boy is thoroughly deluded as are those who think he is a talent and worth 11 mil. Nothing wrong with dreaming right enough.

Yes he's scored a few, mainly against dross and gets many opportunities by simply playing for us being a big fish in a small pond.

Back in the day, he wouldn't have been near a jersey in a reserve team, never mind the first. It only reflects just how starved of quality that we can barely recognise it and and just how low our aspirations are. We've regressed to glorifying mediocrity.

Boyd is now top league scorer with a waistline to match. He plays for a shitey wee team and gets few chances, but he does stick them away on the chances presented. He doesn't run all over the park bursting his erse getting nowhere. He simply does his job as a striker with minimal fuss. Now can this man play in the EPL?  Course he fucking can't!

Morelos has fight in him. He is a trier, he has scored a few, but he is not all that and as for 11 mil, aye right you are! 

Faith is one thing, but blind faith another and all the hype is exactly that. Our small glimmer of hope has been extinguished. It's now a fight for second place.

There is the semi, but I think it will take a miracle to turn them over. I doubt it matters much wether we play Cummings or Morelos or both as we just got quite a harsh reality check. We are still a mile off them. No point in all the what ifs. The scum took the initiative and laid us bare. Whilst we do now have some better players, the old weaknesses remain and until that's sorted, we don't make the challenge.

As for Morelos, he is what he is and he will continue to miss sitters and divide opinion, simply because he isn't that good, otherwise we wouldn't even be having the debate. However, he doesn't pick himself.

As for Cummings, treated shoddily imo and that's down to Murty and we paid dearly for it yesterday along with all his other ineptness.

Lastly, one thing is for sure, Morelos will move on as his sights are set elsewhere, as with Windass. They are not committed to the cause. We are not good enough, but a stepping stone to greater things in the minds of these two wannabees. Yet we have one with better talent imo, who loves us and is committed to the cause and he can hardly get game time, so we waste time and money trying to develop the former into something they will never be. 

You think it will take a miracle to turn them over?

I'll freely admit that being a bear makes me bias but come on a miracle to turn over septic? Need I remind you of some of the very average teams who've managed to "turn them over" with relative ease in Europe over the last couple of years let alone Hearts and Killie. 

No its not a miracle we need its a proper game plan and some real belief that we are capable. If there is a positive to take from Sunday its the fact we have the weapons to hurt them now.  That's not even up for debate any more, Rangers can hurt them. Managed differently those points could and should have stayed at Ibrox on Sunday. Murty made mistakes of course he did but let's just stay behind the man and the team and see if we can learn from those mistakes. 

51 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Do they? Exception rather than the rule. Older, wiser. Stop chasing lost causes, better positioning, more focussed on doing the job, knowing their limitations and focussing on what they can do and so on, but NEVER world class.

I only have to give you Aguero, Ronaldo and Messi and many more. All great as kids as their natural born talent shone through. Coaching and experience made them better players in how they applied their God gifted talent on the park, but the natural born attributes they have made them into world class players they are. Not the fucking coaching. You think gliding past past players, dropping a shoulder, turning defenders, quick feet and bursting a net time after time is all due due to coaching ffs. You think the talents of Laudrup and Gascoigne were coached?

If it were down to coaching you could be the next Messi, right?

58 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Spot the difference?!

Boyd couldn’t hit the back of the net the second spell for us.

1 minute ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Boyd couldn’t hit the back of the net the second spell for us.

That was due to him being terribly out of shape and not properly managed. Clearly given that he is on less money there he needs the appearance money and goalscoring bonus he busts a gut.

Not suggesting he should be brought back for a third!!!  And yes Boyd needs to share the blame also for the shape he got himself into

49 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

You think it will take a miracle to turn them over?

I'll freely admit that being a bear makes me bias but come on a miracle to turn over septic? Need I remind you of some of the very average teams who've managed to "turn them over" with relative ease in Europe over the last couple of years let alone Hearts and Killie. 

No its not a miracle we need its a proper game plan and some real belief that we are capable. If there is a positive to take from Sunday its the fact we have the weapons to hurt them now.  That's not even up for debate any more, Rangers can hurt them. Managed differently those points could and should have stayed at Ibrox on Sunday. Murty made mistakes of course he did but let's just stay behind the man and the team and see if we can learn from those mistakes. 

Dead simples for me. They do have better players and a better manager. Deny that and you're deluded. 

I witnessed 30 minutes of us and 60 of them. In doing so they also exposed some of our old weaknesses. They haven't gone away.

Now I can't see Windass turning into a 90 minute player. 15 would be good. I cannot trust Morelos to bury decent chances.

I cannot see us correcting the weaknesses we have right accross our back line. 

I cannot see anyone taking out broon and bossing the midfield.

I cannot see us delivering defence splitting passes. We just about pass ourselves off the park at times. An old Warburton game plan. Keep possession but ffs don't get near the oppo goal mouth too quickly, or we might just score! High baws to Morelos don't work.

We do not have the striking power that they have.

Brenda has just experienced our new set up head on and fucked us with ten men.

He is the better manager. Now you seriously don't think he will not have a proper game plan to counter anything we can come up with?

Matters not a fuck who beat them, but it does matter that they fucked us with ten men at home.

Apart from the usual rivalry, they have the added incentive of going for a record breaking back to back treble, so I seriously doubt they will be complacent and everyone of them up for it.

Their defence remains their biggest weakness, but can we get at them? In general, we remain rather ponderous in going forward. Our biggest threat remains down the right, but I'm sure Brenda's proper plan will limit that. We need the defence splitting passes, going forward at pace and strikers taking that one and only chance they might ever get.

Comparing both sets of players individually, they simply remain to have better.

We would need every player on their game and many of theirs  not to turn up, but I can't see it. We'd need plenty luck and two of theirs sent off.

I'm not looking forward to it, nor am I looking forward to subs with 15 minutes left on the clock.

20 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So let's drop our top scorer and *possibly* one of our biggest financial assets on the OFF CHANCE that a loanee MIGHT decide to sign for us in the summer.   

Fuk me Morelos has missed some sitters recently but by fuk it didnt take folks long to turn on him.   I'd still like to see him and Cummings play 9 & 10 together to see how it pans out, its a very small risk as we'd only be dropping Windass.

That last bit.:tu: Still, I'm still raging and can't even bear to look at his name right now. Atone for it in the next match against them, otherwise find the door and use it.

2 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

To an extent, yes. 

I don't want everycunt abusing Morelos, but the people I have spoken to after Sunday were much more vociferous in their criticism of KB all those years ago than they are of Morelos just now.

Difference is that if Boyd didn’t score, he gave you bugger all else.  That is far from the case with Morelos.

Just now, Ibroxholm said:

Difference is that if Boyd didn’t score, he gave you bugger all else.  That is far from the case with Morelos.

If you read my other post, I state that Morelos is by far and away the better all round player.

3 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

If you read my other post, I state that Morelos is by far and away the better all round player.

A better all round player? Whatever does that mean?

What matters is the result. Better all round players are meaningless unless you get that result. 

He is a striker. His job is to score goals. If he doesn't, he's not done his job, no matter how much he is a better all round player. Ross County are full of better all round players and look where they are!

Extrapoltate to central defence. We leak goals, but they are better all round players. Catch my drift?

10 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Fair enough.  In the post I responded to,  you inferred you couldn’t understand why Boyd got more stick than Morelos for not scoring against them.  I offered the reason why.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

A better all round player? Whatever does that mean?

What matters is the result. Better all round players are meaningless unless you get that result. 

He is a striker. His job is to score goals. If he doesn't, he's not done his job, no matter how much he is a better all round player. Ross County are full of better all round players and look where they are!

Extrapoltate to central defence. We leak goals, but they are better all round players. Catch my drift?

The stats that have appeared would suggest he is not a striker in any scoring in the box sense, stats say he has a 22% box ratio, nowhere near top strikers stats.

4 minutes ago, backup said:

The stats that have appeared would suggest he is not a striker in any scoring in the box sense, stats say he has a 22% box ratio, nowhere near top strikers stats.

Stats say Candeias is the best winger in the league, but that gets shot down in flames on here. 

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Do they? Exception rather than the rule. Older, wiser. Stop chasing lost causes, better positioning, more focussed on doing the job, knowing their limitations and focussing on what they can do and so on, but NEVER world class.

I only have to give you Aguero, Ronaldo and Messi and many more. All great as kids as their natural born talent shone through. Coaching and experience made them better players in how they applied their God gifted talent on the park, but the natural born attributes they have made them into world class players they are. Not the fucking coaching. You think gliding past past players, dropping a shoulder, turning defenders, quick feet and bursting a net time after time is all due due to coaching ffs. You think the talents of Laudrup and Gascoigne were coached?

If it were down to coaching you could be the next Messi, right?

I was providing an argument against you completely writing off one of our best assests when he's only 21, not arguing that he could be the best striker in the world fs.

Yes, he missed an absolute sitter which cost us a draw on Sunday and I understand the disappointment that causes but can’t believe the abuse the boy is taking on here.  Even if he is not turning out to be quite the natural goal scorer that we hoped, he gives so much more to the team.  Overlooking his miss, we didn’t have a better player on the park on Sunday imo.